Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

On 17/07/2019 at 13:53, bravehearts dad said:

I certainly think we need another striker. Oh for another Kyle Wilson.  Tena would be an excellent addition to the squad.

Have we signed up a new media team yet?  Always feel that keeps the profile high.

C’mon the Rose 

Would not have thought so. We got rid of the great media team that we had so surely if there was scope for having a media team again we would just give them a call. But who knows!!!

On 19/07/2019 at 11:43, leftbehind said:

Doubt if any ordinary fan keeps the type of statistics you can quote so authoritatively Van Magic but I am sure that Chinatoon Bairn will welcome your intervention on this enquiry about his pal.

Au contraire blackadder

Guest Bonnyrigg Vid
16 hours ago, Gimme said:

Always two sides to every story.

Hi Gimme

I find your post rather interesting and although I have kept my thoughts to myself regarding our departure I can not sit back without making a response.

You seem to be in the know but I can assure you that whatever you have heard, if it had been susie's and myselfs choice we would still be at Bonnyrigg and would have been there today covering today's opening LL fixture but that was the choice of the club no matter whatever you have heard. I have kept quiet about the way we were let go without any invitation to sit down and have a discussion with the decision makers at the club during the closed season about this season.

I can assure you if we had we would have been more than willing to work something out but we were not even afforded that chance which was very disrespectful, unprofessional and hurtful after what we did for the club over the last three seasons we were there. We went above and beyond. 

No one at the club can deny that this is a fact..

Although YOUR statement certainly insinuates that we did something wrong to cause our departure  is a blatant lie

So please share what you think you know or If you feel you know the facts please feel free to state them and I can clarify if its true or not.

Regards

Vince

Hi Gimme

I find your post rather interesting and although I have kept my thoughts to myself regarding our departure I can not sit back without making a response.

You seem to be in the know but I can assure you that whatever you have heard, if it had been susie's and myselfs choice we would still be at Bonnyrigg and would have been there today covering today's opening LL fixture but that was the choice of the club no matter whatever you have heard. I have kept quiet about the way we were let go without any invitation to sit down and have a discussion with the decision makers at the club during the closed season about this season.

I can assure you if we had we would have been more than willing to work something out but we were not even afforded that chance which was very disrespectful, unprofessional and hurtful after what we did for the club over the last three seasons we were there. We went above and beyond. 

No one at the club can deny that this is a fact..

Although YOUR statement certainly insinuates that we did something wrong to cause our departure  is a blatant lie

So please share what you think you know or If you feel you know the facts please feel free to state them and I can clarify if its true or not.

Regards

Vince

Not at all, merely commenting that every story has 2 sides!

Guest Bonnyrigg Vid

Gimme you believe what you want to believe pal. You state you are not insinuating anything but you then just go ahead and repeat you original comment.

Gimme you believe what you want to believe pal. You state you are not insinuating anything but you then just go ahead and repeat you original comment.

With the greatest respect I'm not insinuating anything so get of the high horse.

I have no connection with the club, just pay my money and watch the games, all I'm pointing out is that if there isn't a problem why aren't you still at the club. You've stated it was the clubs decision which means they have made a decision based on something, that's the other side of the story that only you and the club know about.

I'm not attributing blame or suggesting anything untoward has gone on. I'm simply putting 2 and 2 together based on the information that's out there.

If the media team wanted to continue then why aren't you? Did the club have something else lined up (appears unlikely), did they want the media side to go in a different direction (can't see why), did the club say the well had run dry and they could no longer afford to pay for your services (no idea if they even did pay in the first place).

For what it's worth I have heard from a number of people at both todays games and some of the pre season warm ups that the issue was money, disappointing if that is the case. I'd like to think however that if it was the case both parties could reach some kind of amicable agreement and neither would cut off their nose to spite their face after all the current situation does no-one any favours. It could all of course simply be terracing rumours.

15 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Just the six goals, bunch of lightweights:)

And what game did you attend today ? None I suspect spent the usual Saturday afternoon behind the keyboard.

I will take that today for a start to our Lowland League campaign and similar to last season goals from all over the park.

C’mon The Rose 

1 hour ago, Bonnyrigg Vid said:

I wish both parties would get this impasse sorted out. It’s  the profile of the club that’s the important here and we need to be up there. The fans need the highlights and after match interviews not the silence.

C’mon The Rose 

Guest Bonnyrigg Vid
2 hours ago, Gimme said:

For what it's worth I have heard from a number of people at both todays games and some of the pre season warm ups that the issue was money, disappointing if that is the case. I'd like to think however that if it was the case both parties could reach some kind of amicable agreement and neither would cut off their nose to spite their face after all the current situation does no-one any favours. It could all of course simply be terracing rumours.

Obviously you did not read my earlier post properly where I clearly stated: '

'we were let go without any invitation to sit down and have a discussion with the decision makers at the club during the closed season about this season.

I can assure you if we had we would have been more than willing to work something out but we were not even afforded that chance which was very disrespectful, unprofessional and hurtful. '

We certainly did not bite our nose off to spite our face, I can assure you of that.

Guest Bonnyrigg Vid
2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

I wish both parties would get this impasse sorted out. It’s  the profile of the club that’s the important here and we need to be up there. The fans need the highlights and after match interviews not the silence.

C’mon The Rose 

You are spot on. There is no impasse from our end as we were quite happy to meet with the decision makers at the club and sit down and have a discussion about where we were going next season. All they needed to do was pick up the phone but they have chose not to do so unfortunately. The door was always open at this end and still is.

Just a shame many will spend their sunday not watching the highlights and six goals. Anyways lets put this to bed and concentrate on the football,