Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

You've really not understood the point I'm making.
The clubs in the top 4 tiers won't have had 50 different referees in the last two seasons - but if you have information that is contrary to that, by all means produce it.
As it stands the lowland league can be reffed by cat1/cat2 and cat3 refs. League 2 however is restricted to cat 1s.
I don't think it would be unreasonable for the lowland league to ask for the refs to be restricted to a smaller pool of referees, in theory of a higher standard. It's not boys club football after all - it's the fifth tier of Scottish football.
Mike Roncone is a cat 1 ref. Your not happy they appointed one of the supposedly top officials for the game?

3 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
43 minutes ago, BS7 said:
You've really not understood the point I'm making.
The clubs in the top 4 tiers won't have had 50 different referees in the last two seasons - but if you have information that is contrary to that, by all means produce it.
As it stands the lowland league can be reffed by cat1/cat2 and cat3 refs. League 2 however is restricted to cat 1s.
I don't think it would be unreasonable for the lowland league to ask for the refs to be restricted to a smaller pool of referees, in theory of a higher standard. It's not boys club football after all - it's the fifth tier of Scottish football.

Mike Roncone is a cat 1 ref. Your not happy they appointed one of the supposedly top officials for the game?

That was his second lowland league game of the season.

I've a bugbear with the huge turnover of referees. In 32 games this season, Bonnyrigg have had 28 different referees - and we're not seeing the "top 20" refs in Scotland.

For comparison - Clyde have had 22 different referees in 45 games.

You've had the same ref - Peter Stuart - for NINE games this season, how do you do that?????

From a Kelty Fan view point thought The ref was terrible. The rose 2nd goal was a clear push and should have been disallowed. About 5 minutes after was a clear hand ball and should have been a rose pen. Then later on was a deliberate handball to keep the ball out. Fair enough the ref couldn’t see but I seen it clear as day the the lino was right in front of me. Would of been an interesting list 15 mins at 3-3 and Kelty down to 10

Edited by Fitba_daft

10 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Wasn’t the refs fault you lost yesterday neebs, personally thought he was awrite 

I haven't seen anyone say it was the refs fault that Bonnyrigg lost or Kelty won - the highlights might show if he was right in the big calls on the day.

I'm trying to think how to word this, but,

I think Kelty have better players than I maybe thought they were, they were pretty ruthless in the way they went 3-1 up - I don't think anyone has stretched Bonnyrigg this season in the way they did, apart from BSC Glasgow. That said, I think we'll be disappointed when we look back at the goals conceded - we might have done more to prevent them. Whether the wind was a factor in the way the game was played, maybe, but ultimately the conditions are same for both sides.

Once Kelty are two goals ahead it's a different game, they've a cushion and could set up a game plan for the second half.

One of the things I love (and hate) about Bonnyrigg is that at 3-1 down nobody really believed the game was beyond us. We got a goal early enough, and we created enough chances to pull something out of the game. Did we create enough clear cut chances? I don't think so. Were we unfortunate not to score again? possibly.

Does the team that score the most goals win, and everything else is just chatter? Absolutely.

44 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Care to share it with the class?

The lack of a pyramid league in the west means refs from those associations get opportunities in the existing pyramid leagues.

I've a bugbear with the huge turnover of referees. In 32 games this season, Bonnyrigg have had 28 different referees - and we're not seeing the "top 20" refs in Scotland.
You've had the same ref - Peter Stuart - for NINE games this season, how do you do that?????
Struggling to see why you would want the same ref over and over again. What difference does it make as long as they are qualified?

"It was the biggest crowd of the season inside New Central Park and some of the calls from the visiting fans were tasteless to say the least, one or two of the travelling support clearly having over indulged in the Fife hospitality."
Eastcoaster will be along shortly to claim it was all the Kelty youngsters fault.

I witnessed a kelty youngster striking a young Rose supporter...

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
7 hours ago, BS7 said:

Struggling to see why you would want the same ref over and over again. What difference does it make as long as they are qualified?

There’s not 50 refs of the required quality in Scotland outwith the cat 1s who cover the 4 top leagues to cover the lowland league.

the suspicion being they are being given games to further their development

it’s an insult to the guys are reffing the lowland league every week that when a big game comes along it’s given to cat 1s you would never normally see.

If you think cat 2s and cat 3s are that good you can call for them to be given league 1 games.

1 hour ago, BS7 said:

The lack of a pyramid league in the west means refs from those associations get opportunities in the existing pyramid leagues.

Suppose that is true in that Category 1 referees do not officiate SJFA games: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/referees/become-a-referee/referee-structure-pathway/category-one-referee/

There will usually be spare category 1 refs, so they'll do LL games (3 this weekend).

Your LL games in 2020 have been refereed by 5x cat 1, 1x cat 2, and 2x cat 3, with refs from Angus/Perthshire, Ayrshire x2, Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow, D&G, and Fife associations.

Full list of refs here: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5422/scottish-fa-handbook-2019-20.pdf#page=23

Will be interesting next season assuming the WOS is added as a league cat 1 refs can do.

43 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Suppose that is true in that Category 1 referees do not officiate SJFA games: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/referees/become-a-referee/referee-structure-pathway/category-one-referee/

There will usually be spare category 1 refs, so they'll do LL games (3 this weekend).

Your LL games in 2020 have been refereed by 5x cat 1, 1x cat 2, and 2x cat 3, with refs from Angus/Perthshire, Ayrshire x2, Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow, D&G, and Fife associations.

Full list of refs here: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5422/scottish-fa-handbook-2019-20.pdf#page=23

Will be interesting next season assuming the WOS is added as a league cat 1 refs can do.

Brilliant - thank you - that’s exactly the list I’ve been looking for.

The only credible Bonnyrigg penalty claim I can see is the one at 11:19 when the Kelty player has his arms outstretched and seems to deflect/save the shot. The other one at 10:09 you can't see what happened on the ground and the one at 9:26 is never a penalty (arms by his side, ball hit from a yard away).

However I expected the second Bonnyrigg goal to be ruled out as the defender was pushed a couple of times and overran the ball in the air, allowing the the attacker to get the shot away.

1 hour ago, BS7 said:

Highlights are up on youtube:

https://t.co/pjknaHH0Bg

They are really good quality, and balanced I thought.

I'm not sure I agree with Barry's assessment that Kelty could have been 5 up at half time, mind.

I actually thought at half time that Kelty should maybe have been another goal up at half time given how well they had played, but the fact of the matter is that they weren't, obviously. Tbh some of my thinking was based on the fact that I thought that they would need another goal because Bonnyrigg are too good a team not to find a way back into the game and they came very close to getting a point out of the match. It's advantage Kelty but there's possibly a few twists and turns to come yet.

Out of interest, if you weren’t happy with the official from Saturday - was there one of your previous 28 referees from this season you would have deemed more suitable and preferred?!