bravehearts dad

Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

He is best ignored newky. He is like a wee spoilt wean that nobody wants to play with. So he just red dots all day to fill in his spare time. And well played bonnyrigg. Was never in doubt.

He’s a tit. Since Rab B got banned off here he’s been trying like f**k to paint himself as some sort of hero as opposed to the buckled mess he became.

Anyway.... Anyone know what happened to Lewis Turner last night. He seemed to go down then was substituted without really being injured. Has he been carrying a knock or another injury of some sort for a while?

1 hour ago, Boomtown Boy said:

Cmon the Rose, what a night, what a team, what a crowd, what a club.

Not pretty but got the job done. Hoping for a home tie in the next round.

Up to what level in the league enters at round 3?

Up to Championship level in R3 (except last season's top 4). Biggest sides you could draw would be Dunfermline, Falkirk, Partick or Morton.

13 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm just back from the game. I though the first half was poor, with Buckie looking the more threatening side. Once Bonnyrigg got the opening goal I couldn't see them losing and in the end they saw the game out comfortably.

It's difficult not to make comparisons between Bonnyrigg and Kelty, given what they have done in recent seasons.  Kelty probably carries a bigger threat going forward, but Bonnyrigg has a better defensive shape.  It should be a good match up when they come up against one another next month.

For Bonnyrigg, they would have gone into this season hoping for a top 4 finish. Given how they are playing, they could easily win the league and progress to the 4th Round of the Scottish Cup, with a good 3rd round draw.

Off to Penicuik v Stenhousemuir for me tomorrow.  I think the home side will struggle to get anything from that one.

fair comment sir

46 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Up to Championship level in R3 (except last season's top 4). Biggest sides you could draw would be Dunfermline, Falkirk, Partick or Morton.

Can only take what u get a suppose but would like a home tie. A take it round 4 is when everyone is in

Well done Bonnyrigg, not the best of games but a few moments of quality showed in the end. Also nice to see the LL getting one over the HL

1 hour ago, Boomtown Boy said:

Can only take what u get a suppose but would like a home tie. A take it round 4 is when everyone is in

Correct... Premiership plus last season's Championship top 4 join at R4.

57 minutes ago, tikataka said:

Also nice to see the LL getting one over the HL

Interestingly... and contrary to popular perception I suspect?... last night's win makes it HL 30-29 LL in head-to-head meetings according to a statto on FitbaNorth (not sure if that includes playoffs or if Scottish Cup-only). Formartine favoured to make that 31-29 v Gala today, tbf.

Bonnyrigg and Kelty both idle next week after today's results. Might as well fit in the game that needs to be postponed on 23 November.

50 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Bonnyrigg and Kelty both idle next week after today's results. Might as well fit in the game that needs to be postponed on 23 November.

Just play it at Kelty.the pitch at New Dundas park looked to be in a right state last might  ;)

I 'think' our only other unscheduled game is the cup tie against Stirling Uni but they have a league game against East Kilbride unless they draw with Linlithgow tomorrow.

Being told both clubs have to agree and ask league to bring this forward but no sure what the benefit would be as we would just have another free Saturday in a few weeks time....

if Gala had put away Formartine we would t be having this problem. Was looking forward to a day oot in Gala. 

We don't have a free Saturday until the middle of January. The Kelty game has to be moved as the 23rd is the 3rd round of the Scottish.

2 minutes ago, Gimme said:

We don't have a free Saturday until the middle of January. The Kelty game has to be moved as the 23rd is the 3rd round of the Scottish.

Rose are free next week?

Rose are free next week?
I know, that's why I suggested playing Kelty next week half a dozen posts ago.

Just now, Gimme said:
5 minutes ago, The Informer said:
Rose are free next week?

I know, that's why I suggested playing Kelty next week half a dozen posts ago.

Didn’t notice sorry

Rather an artsy piece from The Scotsman marking the dawn of the floodlight age in Bonnyrigg:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/ghosts-of-a-thousand-miners-light-the-night-as-bonnyrigg-rose-beat-buckie-thistle-under-the-floodlights-1-5029319

Ghosts of a thousand miners light the night as Bonnyrigg Rose beat Buckie Thistle under floodlight

There was a glow amid the dark of Midlothian on Friday night. Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic’s new floodlights had blinked awake for the first time. They shrouded a prowling, cantankerous sky in promise and light.

It was as if, in the old colliery county, the ghosts of a thousand miners had come up for air, lamps and lanterns dazzling anew in the inky black.

These were not replacement pylons and neon, nor the trappings of "bomb the past" renovation or relocation. They were New Dundas Park’s first-ever floodlights. In an age of wrecking balls, of history erased and the fetish of the blanket "new", it was novel to see a cherished old home cultivated. Here was the welcome and warm feeling of being at a Christening rather than a funeral.

Floodlights make those who love football go weak at the knees. The words “night game” render us misty and bewitched; this is the language of romance and folklore. Floodlight beams transform our beloved stadiums. They offer a scene change, upgrading a pleasing spectacle to a crackling instalment of theatre. The pitch is greener, the players more urgent, and our singing louder. They have meaning and beauty.

Incidentally this shot makes the lights look coal-fired :lol:...

EHLdyj6XUAIRENH.jpg

Big game for you tonight - Spartans are a decent side.
They're poor this season. Not a patch on previous sides. Was nice to put a few by them tonight and get 3 ponts. Hopefully we take maximum points till the BSC game