Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

One thing that was pointed out on the Non League Matters forum by Prorege is that New Dundas Park would need to acquire a safety certificate from the council over and above their SFA licence to play in the SPFL - things like concrete terracing, more turnstiles, toilets, exits would be needed.

Perhaps this was a factor in the Lowland League awarding the title, if they knew that only Kelty would be able to play in the SPFL should reconstruction allow them the opportunity?

One thing that was pointed out on the Non League Matters forum by Prorege is that New Dundas Park would need to acquire a safety certificate from the council over and above their SFA licence to play in the SPFL - things like concrete terracing, more turnstiles, toilets, exits would be needed.
Perhaps this was a factor in the Lowland League awarding the title, if they knew that only Kelty would be able to play in the SPFL should reconstruction allow them the opportunity?
Would have thought you would need a safety certificate to use the ground regardless of what league Bonnyrigg are in?

The reasons given why it wouldn't be up to standard seem a load of shite to me Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City's ground only have 1 set of turnstiles, 1 set of toilets and 1 entrance/exit to the ground.

28 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Would have thought you would need a safety certificate to use the ground regardless of what league Bonnyrigg are in?

The reasons given why it wouldn't be up to standard seem a load of shite to me Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City's ground only have 1 set of turnstiles, 1 set of toilets and 1 entrance/exit to the ground.

Not required for Bronze/Entry SFA licences, and seems like it's not required for smaller grounds?

https://www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/law-licensing/licensing/entertainment/sport-entertainment.aspx

"A safety certificate is required for all stadia with a capacity of 10,000 or more spectators and for grounds which have covered stands with a capacity of 500 or more."

Those grounds you mention don't have spectators on all four sides though, so 1 set might be acceptable? I'm sure I read that the grass banking at Ainslie Park isn't used for SPFL games which would presumably be the same for Bonnyrigg.

Edited by Ginaro

Just now, Ginaro said:

Not required for Bronze/Entry SFA licences, and seems like it's not required for smaller grounds?

https://www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/law-licensing/licensing/entertainment/sport-entertainment.aspx

"A safety certificate is required for all stadia with a capacity of 10,000 or more spectators and for grounds which have covered stands with a capacity of 500 or more."

Those grounds you mention don't have spectators on all four sides though, so 1 set might be acceptable? I'm sure I read that the grass banking at Ainslie Park isn't used for SPFL games which would presumably be the same for Bonnyrigg.

You need one enclosure that takes 500 people according to the calculations.  Theoretically you could have 5 covers for 400 people and not be eligible for a safety certificate, whereas a stadium with just one enclosure that takes 500 will be eligible for a safety certificate.

Both Ainsle Park and Cliftonhill have two sides in use which would be the same as New Dundas Park. You're right in that can't use the grass verge in the SPFL, although Edinburgh used it for a fewer of the bigger crowds last season.

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Both Ainslie Park and Cliftonhill have two sets of turnstiles and exits. There are a block of turnstiles and exit at the bottom end of Ainslie Park. Seen them used when Spartans played Linfield and Liverpool youth side.

There is also a turnstile and exit at the Coatdyke end of Cliftonhill probably not been used for years but they are there.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Both Ainslie Park and Cliftonhill have two sets of turnstiles and exits. There are a block of turnstiles and exit at the bottom end of Ainslie Park. Seen them used when Spartans played Linfield and Liverpool youth side.

There is also a turnstile and exit at the Coatdyke end of Cliftonhill probably not been used for years but they are there.

I guess the main argument is that if they are needed, they can be used and if there is an emergency, people can be evacuated from more than one side. That's the case with both Ainslie Park and Cliftonhill as you say. Whether or not the extra entrances/exists are actually used around a run of the mill game is irrelevant.

Edited by Marten

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Do you lot hinestly think Mark Weir is the keeper of the season? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I've yet to see him play well. He gives me the fear everytime he gors for the ball

I find it surprising that he gets in ahead of Michael Andrews, but what do I know?

6 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Do you lot hinestly think Mark Weir is the keeper of the season? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I've yet to see him play well. He gives me the fear everytime he gors for the ball

To be honest the vote is a farce, it will always be players from Kelty or Rose who get in as they have most fans. Oh for the days when that used to be Shire.

Do you lot hinestly think Mark Weir is the keeper of the season? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Best keeper to play in the league selfy was alan martin. Shame his keeping abilities were matched by his ability to fling toys out of prams.

6 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Best keeper to play in the league selfy was alan martin. Shame his keeping abilities were matched by his ability to fling toys out of prams.

He was apparently signed by a club out in the Philippines after leaving Edinburgh City. Can't imagine East Kilbride-Edinburgh-Makati City is a particularly well-trodden path, but fair play to him. 

To be honest the vote is a farce, it will always be players from Kelty or Rose who get in as they have most fans. Oh for the days when that used to be Shire.
Talk for the other fans mate.

I voted against a Shire player last year as I felt someone else I had seen was better.

Might just be me though.

A bit late to this, but any club wishing to play in the SPFL the following season has to declare their interest by the 31st March, and presumably Bonnyrigg would have been in the process of putting such an application together. There's also a grace period available.

I therefore doubt that this was a consideration of the Lowland League, they would simply have known that the season couldn't possibly finish.

On 13/05/2020 at 17:01, craigkillie said:

A bit late to this, but any club wishing to play in the SPFL the following season has to declare their interest by the 31st March, and presumably Bonnyrigg would have been in the process of putting such an application together. There's also a grace period available.

I therefore doubt that this was a consideration of the Lowland League, they would simply have known that the season couldn't possibly finish.

Not sure if clubs must declare their interest or put together an application by 31st March, but that date is a deadline for various things like registering their ground etc and getting waivers for membership criteria, if required. https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/Membership Criteria Letter 2020-21 (issued 31-Oct-19).pdf