Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

What’s the goal scorer playing at following Keltys second goal? Absolutely barges into the Rose keeper and take him down, outrageous behaviour

Cmon he was doing a wee lap of honour n keeper got in the way 😉 

7 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

What’s the goal scorer playing at following Keltys second goal? Absolutely barges into the Rose keeper and take him down, outrageous behaviour

The keeper actually sticks out his leg in an attempt to trip up Easton, you can just see it on the highlights if you look closely.

On 02/03/2020 at 22:37, pyramidiot said:

Out of interest, if you weren’t happy with the official from Saturday - was there one of your previous 28 referees from this season you would have deemed more suitable and preferred?!

As it stands we can get one of 138 referees. Since we went senior we’ve had 50 Of them

In league 2 Brechin for example can get 1 of 39 cat 1 refs. In effect they get one of around 27, as 12 cat 1s cover the top league every fixture round.

i think - personally - it would be better if the lowland league operates from a smaller pool of referees. I think this - personally - because the gap between the  standard of the top referee to the standard of the 100th referee is massive; and it would be beneficial for the better refs to ref at a higher level. Which is what happens in the top 4 tiers, but curiously not in the three tiers below.

Its not really about which refs I think are good or not, that’s a subjective opinion, and as I’ve already said I don’t think the ref was the reason Bonnyrigg won or lost.

* Numbers confirmed.

*includes Cat 3 refs who are also assistant referees at SPFL level

*Doesnt include Cat 3 development refs (45nr) who can ref cup ties

Edit: I'll give you an example that doesn't involve Bonnyrigg. Kyle Hall has been allocated the Kelty v BSC game next midweek. I think Kyle Hall is an idiot from when he has reffed Bonnyrigg, but that's subjective. However, he is a Cat 2 and a capable referee. How many lowland league games has he reffed this season so far?Just the one. But now he's been allocated one of the biggest games of the season. Where has he been reffing, if not the lowland league?

Edited by BS7

That’s it, jacket zipped up, red&white scarf round neck, beanie hat on, gloves in pocket for emergency, thank goodness wellies not needed today. New visitors to NDP today, hope they remain off the boil as per the last few weeks and we have 3 points in the bag by 5pm tonight.

C’mon The Rose 

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

That’s it, jacket zipped up, red&white scarf round neck, beanie hat on, gloves in pocket for emergency, thank goodness wellies not needed today. New visitors to NDP today, hope they remain off the boil as per the last few weeks and we have 3 points in the bag by 5pm tonight.

C’mon The Rose 

Ref today was it ? 

Credit to the Strollers but a right coupon buster today. 

I guess it's the 2 worded team that begins wi a K and ends in a S that'll be hot favs now. 🙊

Ref today was it ? 
Credit to the Strollers but a right coupon buster today. 
I guess it's the 2 worded team that begins wi a K and ends in a S that'll be hot favs now. [emoji87]
Na just the usual CSS tactic of 11 men behind the ball at all times and time wasting (sorry game management) from kick off combined with our inability to get the ball over the line. Struggled to break them down, created few chances and didn't take the ones we did.

For what it's worth the ref and linos were horrendous, but in equal measures to both sides.

He booked Currie when it probably should have been a red card so we got away with that, chopped off a winner for CSS that didn't look offside from where I was and generally failed to manage the game, but that's not why the game was lost.

Still plenty of football to be played but Kelty won't lose 2 of their last 6 games.

1 minute ago, Gimme said:

Na just the usual CSS tactic of 11 men behind the ball at all times and time wasting (sorry game management) from kick off combined with our inability to get the ball over the line. Struggled to break them down, created few chances and didn't take the ones we did.

For what it's worth the ref and linos were horrendous, but in equal measures to both sides.

He booked Currie when it probably should have been a red card so we got away with that, chopped off a winner for CSS that didn't look offside from where I was and generally failed to manage the game, but that's not why the game was lost.

Still plenty of football to be played but Kelty won't lose 2 of their last 6 games.

Still a long way to go but it gives some breathing space. Sounds like CSS had a plan and executed well.

Sounds like an entertaining 0-0 draw then......

snookers required, but we need to regroup and get through the next two games. 3 games in 8 days was a stretch.

its not over, just a lot more difficult.

been in worse positions - #spiritofashfield

At least today was only a cup game, otherwise that's 2 poor points to drop after Kelty failing to win last night.

Don’t think they’ll bother much tbh. They’ll win the replay easy next week, Civil are a bunch of jobbers