Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

2 hours ago, Gimme said:
3 hours ago, gogsy said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnyrigg_Rose_Athletic_F.C.#Current_squad
21 players , looks like the only teams with a bigger squad are Cumbernauld colts, East Stirling and Stirling Uni.

Jamie Docherty is on that list twice. Laidlaw and Neave are from the 20's but have featured this season and are signed on for next year.

Lee Currie is on the list twice too.

Game of two halves today, with the wind playing a part as Kelty had the better of the first half and Bonnyrigg the second. A draw would have been a fair result on the balance of play.

The quality of play wasn't the greatest as both sides went long more often than not. However there were two outstanding goals from Currie's free kick and Easton's strike from distance.

Both sides were guilty of "going down easily" with Austin the main culprit. It took him half an hour to get a touch of the ball, but he had already hit the deck four times.

Kelty's highlights should be an interesting watch, assuming that they show some of the Bonnyrigg chances and penalty claims in the second half.

Just now, Gimme said:
5 minutes ago, BS7 said:
Kelty scored more goals and the ref was honking.

Yep that sums it up for me. We had plenty chances in the second half but couldn't get the ball over the line.

Three minutes injury time. Totally taken up with a conflab on the touch line by ref and linesman that lead to No action. Numpty

gave ourselves a lot to do and couldn’t quite pull it back.

I thought it was a strange game in which I can't recall either keeper making a save until there had been five goals. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the highlights as I was at the wrong end of the ground from the second hald stramashes and penalty claims. 

I would agree that the ball spent too long in the air but two of the goals were worth the entrance money alone. 

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Some of the Bonnyrigg supporters being naughty boys according to replies on Kelty Hearts facebook. :(

Don’t listen 2 any of that mate. These so called innocent kelty laddies (30-40 of them) attacked a Bonnyrigg laddie initially before any bottle was thrown! They then threw a bottle into the Bonnyrigg fans which then was thrown back towards them (was a plastic bottle but still not big or clever by either side)! A kelty official then appeared and moved the kelty laddies away before it turned ugly! Hats off 2 the Bonnyrigg fans 4 the restraint they showed throughout all this! Kelty need 2 have a long hard look at why these laddies were seemingly not under anyone’s supervision and allowed 2 almost cause a riot! Must say though on both sides the laddies involved must have been no more than 10 year old but still unacceptable either way! Where were the parents? 

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Dinnae believe any of that post for a start. Looks like you've got previous for blaming other supporters on here. Maybe got previous for causing trouble at matches as well. :unsure2:

I only ever deal in facts and blame whoever is at fault! Hence the it’s unacceptable either way! The kelty official deserves credit 4 dealing with the situation because there certainly weren’t any parents bothered about it but aye cos of my previous posts I must be talking pish! 

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

I thought it was a strange game in which I can't recall either keeper making a save until there had been five goals. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the highlights as I was at the wrong end of the ground from the second hald stramashes and penalty claims. 

I would agree that the ball spent too long in the air but two of the goals were worth the entrance money alone. 

Kelty were slightly better team throughout imo but nothing really in it could’ve went either way in the end but will take that result awe day long , pressures in Bonnyrigg now in return game but confident we will beat you at yours 😳👏👏😂

On reflection:

it’s pretty poor that for a “big game” we get a ref parachuted in that Bonnyrigg hadn’t seen before. I don’t know if he’s reffed many kelty games other than the Talbot game.

We’ve seem something like 50 different refs in the last season and a half. I don’t think that’s producing consistency.

35 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Kelty were slightly better team throughout imo but nothing really in it could’ve went either way in the end but will take that result awe day long , pressures in Bonnyrigg now in return game but confident we will beat you at yours 😳👏👏😂

We probably had to win one of the games to keep ourselves in it, so nothings really changed for us.

Interesting two games for you v bsc. They could pull themselves right back in it.

On reflection:
it’s pretty poor that for a “big game” we get a ref parachuted in that Bonnyrigg hadn’t seen before. I don’t know if he’s reffed many kelty games other than the Talbot game.
We’ve seem something like 50 different refs in the last season and a half. I don’t think that’s producing consistency.

What the he’ll is this garbage? It’s not boys club fitba where the guy who lives in your wee town refs all your home games. It’s the 5th tier of Scottish fitba.

35 minutes ago, surely not! said:

What the he’ll is this garbage? It’s not boys club fitba where the guy who lives in your wee town refs all your home games. It’s the 5th tier of Scottish fitba.

You've really not understood the point I'm making.

The clubs in the top 4 tiers won't have had 50 different referees in the last two seasons - but if you have information that is contrary to that, by all means produce it.

As it stands the lowland league can be reffed by cat1/cat2 and cat3 refs. League 2 however is restricted to cat 1s.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for the lowland league to ask for the refs to be restricted to a smaller pool of referees, in theory of a higher standard. It's not boys club football after all - it's the fifth tier of Scottish football.