Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

8 hours ago, KHFC said:

You wouldnt want to host Glastonbury on that pitch let alone SPFL games. 

Well another big result in appalling conditions, thought we did well to keep our heads in front throughout the game and deserved the victory. Another 3 2 win on the road. At least Big Dan scored the winner with 15 mins to go and saved us from biting our nails(if you dare take your gloves off). So a great 3pts. Hope the weather is better in Fife next Saturday.

C’mon The Rose 

Well another big result in appalling conditions, thought we did well to keep our heads in front throughout the game and deserved the victory. Another 3 2 win on the road. At least Big Dan scored the winner with 15 mins to go and saved us from biting our nails(if you dare take your gloves off). So a great 3pts. Hope the weather is better in Fife next Saturday.
C’mon The Rose 
How close was the final goal? Looks like it could be offside from Edusport's highlights. Terrible angle though

9 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
11 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:
C’mon The Rose 

How close was the final goal? Looks like it could be offside from Edusport's highlights. Terrible angle though

Mile off their trying to hand Bonnyrigg the title 😂😂😂😂😂

15 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
17 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:
C’mon The Rose 

Currie's free kick looks like it came off a defender before Baur knocked it into the net. If it came off a Bonnyrigg player then Baur looks offside, at least from the halfway line where I was on the stand side of the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Currie's free kick looks like it came off a defender before Baur knocked it into the net. If it came off a Bonnyrigg player then Baur looks offside, at least from the halfway line where I was on the stand side of the pitch.

Braves marking at set pieces leaving a lot to be desired 🤣

Good result for the Rose - makes next week even tastier!

1 hour ago, Forbes55 said:

You got any predictions for the score? I'm predicting a 1-1 draw.

I really don't know how it will go, there's not really a lot to go on. Bonnyrigg and Kelty have virtually identical away records, while Kelty seem to score more goals at home against teams lower down the table. Neither has dropped many points. Without having seen Kelty this season, other than when they got rag dolled by Auchinleck, my hunch would be that there isn't much between the players - both teams have some very good players. Where I do think Bonnyrigg will have the edge is tactically I think Robbie is better than Barry.

I think neither side will want to lose, that normally points to a draw, and the hype getting ratched up for the rematch at the end of March.

22 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I'm backing Bonnyrigg to win and to ultimately win the league. Admittedly I haven't seen Kelty yet, but certainly from what I've heard and from what ive seen of Bonnyrigg they are miles ahead of anyone we've played in the league.

I've only seen your team once this season and that was the Friday night match against BSC and your team played very well that night, although BSC made it a tough game I thought. I've seen Kelty several times and I think if they play to their best it will be a close match. 

Same Bonnyrigg squad for next season.

https://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/news/contract-extensions-2516060.html

Ten players pledge future with the Rose

We are delighted to announce that we have agreed contract extensions with Alan Horne, Dean Brett, Ewan Moyes (one year), Johnny Brown, Johnny Stewart, Keiran McGachie, Kerr Young, Lee Currie, Lewis Turner and Mark Weir who have all committed to two year deals. The management team and officials have been working hard behind the scenes on these agreements but in truth they were straightforward conversations, with both the players and club keen to continue the relationship.
The above ten players have collectively spent forty nine seasons with the club and close to sixteen hundred appearances and is a massive boost to the club as we come towards the business end of the season to retain the services of the above players.
With George Hunter already under contract next season and the three under 20 players signed last month it puts us in good stead for next season and beyond.
Talks remain ongoing with other players at the club at the moment and we hope to make further announcements in due course.

Apart from the Gray brothers thats basically our starting team signed up for next year.

Great work by the club to get this announced and sorted early.

If we are lacking anything in the squad its maybe an option of a midfielder that is at home playing wide. Our full backs are excellent at getting high up the pitch and creating width but most of our midfielders look more comfortable in a central position. (minor issue)

2 hours ago, Boomtown Boy said:

Apart from the Gray brothers thats basically our starting team signed up for next year.

Great work by the club to get this announced and sorted early.

If we are lacking anything in the squad its maybe an option of a midfielder that is at home playing wide. Our full backs are excellent at getting high up the pitch and creating width but most of our midfielders look more comfortable in a central position. (minor issue)

Our squad is too small for this level, but we don’t want to bring in bodies to make up the numbers. It’s worked so far!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnyrigg_Rose_Athletic_F.C.#Current_squad
21 players , looks like the only teams with a bigger squad are Cumbernauld colts, East Stirling and Stirling Uni.
Jamie Docherty is on that list twice. Laidlaw and Neave are from the 20's but have featured this season and are signed on for next year.

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnyrigg_Rose_Athletic_F.C.#Current_squad

21 players , looks like the only teams with a bigger squad are Cumbernauld colts, East Stirling and Stirling Uni.

So far we've played 31 games using 22 players. Of that 22:

• Louis Swanson has left
  • Jamie Devlin has left
  • Robbie Neave, Aaron Laidlaw and Nicky Weir have played 77 minutes between them

We're running with 17 players of which 2 are goalkeepers plus the academy boys. A body or two in wouldn't go amiss if they would add to the squad.