Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

5 minutes ago, Gimme said:
25 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:
Yes I am also happy with that, but have to ask the question Where is Kerr Young?
C’mon The Rose 

Kerrs father died suddenly just before Christmas.

Ah I had not heard this news. My belated condolences to the Young family.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Keeper looking a bit suspect for the goal. Not seen anything from him this season that has justified his position as number 1 at the club. You could have so much better

It was a tight game between two very well matched sides - I was racking my brains as to the last time there was a manager in the away dug out who had won a national cup competition as a manager.

I thought Clyde changed things and got a bit of momentum, giving them an edge as the game went on. I thought we matched and possibly bettered them for the first 60 minutes, and if one of the chances had gone it, well who knows, but that's cup football. Ultimately the team that scores the most goals wins, and everything else is just chatter.

Alan Horne was the outstanding player on the park. I don't think the goalie did much wrong, but I think overall the team didn't do much wrong either. Very disciplined performance in front of a crowd bigger than 6 of the other 15 cup ties. The club has come a long way, and there is so much potential to continue on their journey.

Exciting times.

We all gave him pelters yesterday but McGachie is night and day compared to what he was like when he played for us a few years ago. My only criticism is he spent alot of his time on his arse but thats part of the game nowadays for a striker. He's certainly improved a hell of a lot since I last saw him play.

Well another new ground to visit tomorrow, and the longest away trip of the season. Must admit I have never been to Dalbeattie before so I am looking forward to a long day out.

I am sure the squad will have got over last weeks disappointment and get on with the main business of the season and get 3pts. Dalbeattie have a reputation of making it a difficult venue for their visitors.

C’mon The Rose 

We all gave him pelters yesterday but McGachie is night and day compared to what he was like when he played for us a few years ago. My only criticism is he spent alot of his time on his arse but thats part of the game nowadays for a striker. He's certainly improved a hell of a lot since I last saw him play.
He coaches the football team my wee boy plays for. He's a really lovely guy, very enthusiastic, encouraging, funny, just the exact type of person you'd want doing that role who can make the training fun. (The kids are only six.)

15 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well another new ground to visit tomorrow, and the longest away trip of the season. Must admit I have never been to Dalbeattie before so I am looking forward to a long day out.

I am sure the squad will have got over last weeks disappointment and get on with the main business of the season and get 3pts. Dalbeattie have a reputation of making it a difficult venue for their visitors.

C’mon The Rose 

Bonnyrigg bringing many supporters down?

6 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Vale's park makes your tattie field look half decent

Well it’s been a long drive back in the dark, but an enjoyable day and a very welcome 3pts. The Star trying to stop The Rose by solid defence even more solid after they went down to 10 men. Once again our battling  and never say die attitude got us another late winner and how fitting it was for Kerr Young to get that goal. Well done lads.

C’mon The Rose 

It was a OG headed in by player/manager Ritchie Maxwell

Well it’s been a long drive back in the dark, but an enjoyable day and a very welcome 3pts. The Star trying to stop The Rose by solid defence even more solid after they went down to 10 men. Once again our battling  and never say die attitude got us another late winner and how fitting it was for Kerr Young to get that goal. Well done lads.
C’mon The Rose 

All the best for the rest of the season,U dont want to visit again as Rose will get promoted

I’ll still take it. It gave us a very important 3pts. Hope your club remain in the LL as I look forward to visiting again.
C’mon The Rose