Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

First half was so boring and the 2nd had everything. Goals, poor referee decisions and some handbags on the touchline.

Bonnyrigg were awarded a soft penalty and McCormack shipped the jerseys for the 2nd. I almost went hom as I thought the game was done.
Grehan came on and made a difference and BSC deserved to get back into the game.
At 2-2 the draw was probably a fair result but the big no 5 got above everyone and headed home. His celebration was the fastest I seen him run all night.

Robbie Horn deserved his 2nd yellow for being a p***k to Collins and the BSC coach should've seen red for pushing Horn.

Good travelling support tonight and quite a few neutrals. Reckon the crowd was 300+.

Bonnyrigg manage to get another 3 points in a vital game, probably ending BSC's chances of sneaking the title at the end of the season.

The squad is looking a bit thin with another injury to McGachie not helping things, will be interesting to see how they cope with this going forward.

The Bonnyrigg fan who booted the ball onto out the ground onto the main road is a total fanny. Absolute no need for that.

The way the referee spoke to the players was appaling too, in particular when he booked Orr.

Good 3 points for Bonnyrigg that will be even better when we beat Kelty tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

First half was so boring and the 2nd had everything. Goals, poor referee decisions and some handbags on the touchline.

Bonnyrigg were awarded a soft penalty and McCormack shipped the jerseys for the 2nd. I almost went hom as I thought the game was done.
Grehan came on and made a difference and BSC deserved to get back into the game.
At 2-2 the draw was probably a fair result but the big no 5 got above everyone and headed home. His celebration was the fastest I seen him run all night.

Robbie Horn deserved his 2nd yellow for being a p***k to Collins and the BSC coach should've seen red for pushing Horn.

Good travelling support tonight and quite a few neutrals. Reckon the crowd was 300+.

Bonnyrigg manage to get another 3 points in a vital game, probably ending BSC's chances of sneaking the title at the end of the season.

The squad is looking a bit thin with another injury to McGachie not helping things, will be interesting to see how they cope with this going forward.

The Bonnyrigg fan who booted the ball onto out the ground onto the main road is a total fanny. Absolute no need for that.

The way the referee spoke to the players was appaling too, in particular when he booked Orr.

Good 3 points for Bonnyrigg that will be even better when we beat Kelty tomorrow.

I saw the guy booting the ball out of the ground, brainless barsteward.

the game itself was fairly even and a draw would have been fair. A bit of contrast of styles as well, but 2 good teams putting on a good advert for the league.

59 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'd echo the comments above about the game and the 2nd half in particular.

If I heard the announcement correctly, there were 339 at tonight's game, BSC's biggest crowd of the season by some distance.

Bit of a travesty that BSC don't get more support - they've a very good team, and seem to have the infrastructure in place to move forward.

The ref was, well, inconsistent. Five minutes injury time was a piss take.

Bonnyrigg are a bit light on bodies, and it was very welcome to see Johnny Stewart back. Onwards and upwards. I still think BSC will have a role to play in where the title ends up. Lets hope East Stirlingshire do tomorrow n all.

Edited by BS7

Well done to Bonnyrigg, by far the best team we’ve played this season. Didn’t think we did enough to win it. Ross Smith was a big miss for us tonight. That was probably the difference between us getting a draw and losing tonight. Can’t be too disappointed though as the lads have been outstanding this season. With both ourselves and Bonnyrigg still to play Kelty twice in the league it’s a bit early for throwing in the towel. We need to pick ourselves up with a tough away day to Civil Service to come before we face EK in the Scottish Cup. Cracking away support tonight (apart from the plick the booted the matchball out the ground at full time) made for a great atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Cracking away support tonight (apart from the plick the booted the matchball out the ground at full time) made for a great atmosphere. 

Ah, is that what happened? Nearly hit me as I was crossing the road, the ball ended up on the wee side-street beyond the main road. I'd thought it might have been booted by a less-than-happy player, there were a few who struggled to keep the heid.

Cracking entertainment, better than anything on the telly tonight and a bargain at £7. Minor quibble about I and many others missing a chunk at the start because of the big queue at the solitary open turnstile, but I probably should have anticipated that.

18 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ah, is that what happened? Nearly hit me as I was crossing the road, the ball ended up on the wee side-street beyond the main road. I'd thought it might have been booted by a less-than-happy player, there were a few who struggled to keep the heid.

Cracking entertainment, better than anything on the telly tonight and a bargain at £7. Minor quibble about I and many others missing a chunk at the start because of the big queue at the solitary open turnstile, but I probably should have anticipated that.

Aye It was cracking entertainment (second half anyway). Yeah I heard a few complaints about the queue, tbf I think that’s the biggest crowd we’ve had since we played Beith in the Scottish Cup a few seasons back. The club probably weren’t expecting that many.

17 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I'm heading through again to watch the return fixture. If BSC get as in your face as they did last time there's only 1 winner and it'a not Bravehearts Dad.

Ah Selfie, glad you were able to afford the £3 entrance fee at the long queue at the gate. Bet you were gutted with the final result. A bad start to the year for you and your punditary. I enjoyed my 3 p(o)Ints when I got back to Bonnyrigg and certainly had sweet dreams when I went to sleep. 

Your team could also do the League a favour today by getting something out of your match at the former junior club just off the M90 in Fife. You witnessed a team that fight and battle right to the last whistle to get a result(not for the first time this season).

We know that you are a closet Rose fan and when we meet up some day I will have a gift for you(promise).

C’mon The Rose 

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Ah Selfie, glad you were able to afford the £3 entrance fee at the long queue at the gate. Bet you were gutted with the final result. A bad start to the year for you and your punditary. I enjoyed my 3 p(o)Ints when I got back to Bonnyrigg and certainly had sweet dreams when I went to sleep. 

Your team could also do the League a favour today by getting something out of your match at the former junior club just off the M90 in Fife. You witnessed a team that fight and battle right to the last whistle to get a result(not for the first time this season).

We know that you are a closet Rose fan and when we meet up some day I will have a gift for you(promise).

C’mon The Rose 

I am a fan of that team just off the M90, but I have to say that I was very impressed by both sides last night, it was an excellent game and both teams battled hard right to the end. Kelty will have to play very, very well to take any points off either side.

C’mon The Rose 

A BSC win was probably better for us in the long run.

We battered Kelty and tried our best to win. Dodgy refs giving dodgy penalties never helped.

Dont get my hopes up, this might be the only season we see each other for a while.

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

A BSC win was probably better for us in the long run.

We battered Kelty and tried our best to win. Dodgy refs giving dodgy penalties never helped.

Dont get my hopes up, this might be the only season we see each other for a while.

I’ve watched the highlights of yesterday’s game now. I had to replay the penalty incident 4 times before I could possibly maybe  see what the ref saw. The big number 5 for Kelty as he starts his run is getting his shirt pulled. However almost as soon as he moves away from the Shire defender the player lets go of his shirt. I don’t even think the lad knows his shirts being pulled. Letter of the law it’s a penalty. Did it impede the attacking player in any way? Definitely not.

50 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I’ve watched the highlights of yesterday’s game now. I had to replay the penalty incident 4 times before I could possibly maybe  see what the ref saw. The big number 5 for Kelty as he starts his run is getting his shirt pulled. However almost as soon as he moves away from the Shire defender the player lets go of his shirt. I don’t even think the lad knows his shirts being pulled. Letter of the law it’s a penalty. Did it impede the attacking player in any way? Definitely not.

That wasn't even what the penalty was for! Referee's report says it was a foul by Shire 5 (Malone) on Kelty 9 (Austin). 

I had to watch it a few times to figure out who was fouling who. We've got a close up video of it on our supporters' Facebook page. Not sure how you share it. I tried saving it to my phone but where it disappears to is even more of a mystery to me than the penalty! 🤔

Technology isnae ma thing. 

On 03/01/2020 at 22:34, leomessi1984 said:

Cracking value for money at the Indodrill tonight! Thought a draw would have been a fair result but Rose did well to grab a winner with the momentum in BSC's favour. Pressure on Kelty tomorrow.

Value for money if you turned up after an hour, the first half and the next 10 minutes or so were sleep inducing. The entertainment value of the last half hour was up there though.

53 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

Value for money if you turned up after an hour, the first half and the next 10 minutes or so were sleep inducing. The entertainment value of the last half hour was up there though.

It's one of the biggest games in the league, very tight between two evenly matched sides. I thought it was compelling viewing.