Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

12 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

It's never good to see anyone injured. Hope he has a speedy recovery and it's not as bad as you fear!

Huge loss for you if that is the case.

Blimey me again generous words from you. Have you changed your diet, tactics or an early New Year resolutions?

Blimey me again generous words from you. Have you changed your diet, tactics or an early New Year resolutions?
At the end of the day its only a game and you'd never wish that on anyone, especially at his age and if he has to take time off work etc.

All good to have a windup and that but this isnt a laughing matter.

I'll never forget about 10 or so years ago we were up at Montrose and John Gemmell went down with an injury. He was clearly in agony and we had shouts from the stands to dig a hole and that he was a diving cheating b*****d and deserved the injury etc. As much as I disliked him it left me with a sour taste in my mouth and I just dont like to see it.

So he gets my best wishes, as does anyone who is injured!

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

At the end of the day its only a game and you'd never wish that on anyone, especially at his age and if he has to take time off work etc.

All good to have a windup and that but this isnt a laughing matter.

I'll never forget about 10 or so years ago we were up at Montrose and John Gemmell went down with an injury. He was clearly in agony and we had shouts from the stands to dig a hole and that he was a diving cheating b*****d and deserved the injury etc. As much as I disliked him it left me with a sour taste in my mouth and I just dont like to see it.

So he gets my best wishes, as does anyone who is injured!

Fair play to you Selfy 👍

250 up for Alan Horne yesterday great achievement. 

A comfortable victory last night and once more goals all over the park. I thought we played well and much better than we did last Saturday.

So  a third of the League programme  completed and 25pts out of 30, think we would have taken that at the start of the season.

C’mon The Rose 

44 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

A comfortable victory last night and once more goals all over the park. I thought we played well and much better than we did last Saturday.

So  a third of the League programme  completed and 25pts out of 30, think we would have taken that at the start of the season.

C’mon The Rose 

Thought the Rose were excellent last night Braveheart. Great to watch going forward the Uni couldn’t cope with the intensity. 

Big crowd midweek 249. 

On 29/09/2019 at 10:22, Gimme said:

I believe its a continuation of the injury he picked up last season and the liklihood is that an operation is required to sort it out.

Confirmed in Robbie’s programme notes today Gimme. He was still not feeling right and a scan revealed a tear in ankle ligaments. 

Sorry to hear about big Kieran. 

Big game today and 3 points for rose would make it difficult for EK to make ground back up. 

Also a big welcome back to NDP to EK keeper Aldo Martin, who last visited with Dumbarton.....

Edited by db11
Typo

So we welcome new opposition to NDP today in East Kilbride last seasons champions of course. They don’t seem to be as strong as last season but it will be a tough game.

Good luck to big Kieron of course and look forward to seeing him back on the field terrorising the opposition.

C’mon The Rose

1 minute ago, ham89 said:

When do we start to consider the Rose as a shot at the title?

Well it was another great result today and 2 brilliant goals to beat last seasons champions. Still a long season ahead  and tough assignments along the way. Our feet are still firmly on the ground.

C’mon The Rose (well done today)

All we can do is take one game at a time.

Professional performance today, looked good at the back and going forward.

Referee awarded EK a penalty at 1-0 which was correctly overturned after discussion with the linesman.

Thought EK were perhaps a little unlucky to have the man sent off. It was a poor late challenge after play had stopped but not sure it was a straight red.

Few players found it difficult to stay on there feet early on and both goalkeepers certainly earned their wages.

The tackle for the red wasn't great, I think the referee was poor and why he waited to blow for the initial foul is a mystery. Allowing the game to continue led to the red which helped Bonnyrigg see out the game.

The linesman on the enclosure side was never up with play the whole game.

For the penalty it was hard to tell whether Weir made contact with the player or the ball first, it was a relief that the decision from the refs angle was overturned.

All in all a great win against last season's champions and pay back for the cup final last year. 2 great goals too