Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

Bonnyrigg were just better, created more chances, closed down quickly, retained possession well. Don't think our keeper actually made a save.

Cumbernauld look decent up front and certainly have the ability to create chances but they just had no answer tonight, they didn't appear to have any Plan B when things weren't going there way.

They defended really poorly compared to last week. Bonnyrigg deserved their win tonight, they played some good football and very little hoofball.

Dont rate the big lad on loan from Hearts. He's a bit scary to watch [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Not convinced by the keeper too.

Arnie 'the destroyer' is one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen. It amazes me how much game time he gets

I thought it was a great team performance last and again an even better result and three points, along with a clean sheet. Colts never got a chance to play and the Rose were much superior in all departments. No man of the match nomination from me I give it to the whole team.

C’mon The Rose 

Good win for the Rose last night at a ground where we (and others) have often come unstuck! Rose will be in the top 4 come end of season in my mind.  A solid, well drilled unit with a good bit of quality.  Looking forward to seeing them back at NCP after a few seasons away.

After a sluggish start Bonnyrigg looked formidable, and the only blot on their evening would be not scoring several more goals: quite apart from the Cumbernauld 'keeper pulling off many good saves, the visitors also squandered a few sitters, blazing shots high and wide and missing an open-goal header in the first half. Their victory could have looked more impressive than 0-2.

Contrasting with their 3-5 victory at Shielfield a few weeks ago they were more inventive, with more creativity and energy up-front, and solid in defence. On last night's showing they'll be a contender.

It was interesting hearing the clutches of old chaps sat about me, wondering over playing a league game in a venue the size of Broadwood, and occupying a league position which would see them playoff for Scottish League football come April. It's a reminder how far the likes of Kelty and Bonnyrigg have come since leaving the Juniors and the opportunities the pyramid is opening-up for ambitious sides like these.

They were less enamoured with the near-incessant loudhailer/horn/drums from the "Cumbernauld Young Team" or whatever they were...!

3 goals, 3 points, clean sheet and decent attendance. Can't really ask for much more.

Should have scored more but didnt. Missed (or did the keeper get a touch) a penalty in the first half.

Good performance and most importantly another 3 points in the bag.

11 minutes ago, Gimme said:

3 goals, 3 points, clean sheet and decent attendance. Can't really ask for much more.

Should have scored more but didnt. Missed (or did the keeper get a touch) a penalty in the first half.

Good performance and most importantly another 3 points in the bag.

Sums today’s game up really you forgot the troublesome wind. When did Lee Currie last miss a penalty? 

And still top of the League for another week.

C’mon The Rose 

5 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:
I see that Hearts has recalled Daniel Baur for their colts Challenge Cup tie over in Waterford on Friday night.
I'm sure that Bonnyrigg has sufficient cover in the CB / LB  areas that he won't be missed.

He's pish anyway

He scored two of Bonnyrigg's goals against Caledonian Braves last weekend. 

12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I see that Hearts has recalled Daniel Baur for their colts Challenge Cup tie over in Waterford on Friday night.

I'm sure that Bonnyrigg has sufficient cover in the CB / LB  areas that he won't be missed.

Doubt Baur was recalled. Players in on loan from SPFL clubs can play for their reserves. 

12 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

He's pish anyway

My Grandad informs me that East Stirling had plenty pish players over the years.  

Its time for you to go and get treatment for your infatuation with the Big Rose.

C’mon The Rose 

14 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
23 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:
My Grandad informs me that East Stirling had plenty pish players over the years.  
Its time for you to go and get treatment for your infatuation with the Big Rose.
C’mon The Rose 

I'm talking about the present though.

You have to have had a past to have a present.  

Bye catch up again in March or April when we visit your rented ground.

C’mon The Rose 

Edited by bravehearts dad