Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

Possible penalty shout for the Vale early on going by the new rules but well worth the win. All the best for the season.

Certainly will be harder games to come but a great start to their Lowland League campaign today scoring six goals. 

14 hours ago, Bonnyrigg Vid said:

You are spot on. There is no impasse from our end as we were quite happy to meet with the decision makers at the club and sit down and have a discussion about where we were going next season. All they needed to do was pick up the phone but they have chose not to do so unfortunately. The door was always open at this end and still is.

Just a shame many will spend their sunday not watching the highlights and six goals. Anyways lets put this to bed and concentrate on the football,

I will have 1 last word on the subject.

Saturday 27th July 2019 Bonnyrigg Rose make the debut in the Lowland League. After events the previous season when they won the East of Scotland League initially denied promotion because the SFA moved the goalposts, then through efforts of many achieved and gained the licence.

Also on 27th July 2019 the President of the SFA attends the match to present SFA membership certificate. 

So a big big day in the history of the Football Club is not captured on film for future posterity. It appears to me that the powers at be of our proud Football Club have insulted those who helped get the License, the fans, and the Most important thing Bonnyrigg Rose FC.

Get it sorted!!!

1 hour ago, leftbehind said:

According to the Bonnyrigg Rose Twitter  page they had a new photographer  covering the game yesterday and his shots are available for viewing..  End of story it appears.

His website tells us he is a keen amateur photographer who does not take on commissions or weddings. Appears to me he just turned up to view the game with his camera as a one off. We will soon find out if he turns up at Berwick on Tuesday.

Still no reply from the powers that be!!!

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

His website tells us he is a keen amateur photographer who does not take on commissions or weddings. Appears to me he just turned up to view the game with his camera as a one off. We will soon find out if he turns up at Berwick on Tuesday.

Still no reply from the powers that be!!!

The same guy was announcing last week that he’s now Whitehill’s official snapper.

Such a shame that people are so keen to find fault rather than concentrating on what the club has achieved in gaining promotion (whether or not you agree with the overall direction) along with overcoming the ridiculous decisions made by the SFA. So much work went into this by those “powers that be” and yet people expect them to be sitting around doing nothing better ready to reply to these comments, most of which aren’t even true. Please also remember that those keen to jump forward first with their story are simply ensuring that their version is out there before the truth is. The club don’t respond simply because they have better things to do than respond to fabrication; club to run,games to be played,money needs to come in to keep the club afloat and perhaps they feel it’s better to do that than respond to made up stories online.

42 minutes ago, Redwhite&rose said:

Such a shame that people are so keen to find fault rather than concentrating on what the club has achieved in gaining promotion (whether or not you agree with the overall direction) along with overcoming the ridiculous decisions made by the SFA. So much work went into this by those “powers that be” and yet people expect them to be sitting around doing nothing better ready to reply to these comments, most of which aren’t even true. Please also remember that those keen to jump forward first with their story are simply ensuring that their version is out there before the truth is. The club don’t respond simply because they have better things to do than respond to fabrication; club to run,games to be played,money needs to come in to keep the club afloat and perhaps they feel it’s better to do that than respond to made up stories online.

If this post is a dig at me I resent the comment about finding fault. It seems to me that one of the powers at be has resurrected themselves under a new non de plume. There is no way I would find fault with the the club that has had lots of success over a number of seasons and a club that is very dear to my heart.

So what about the club sponsors? Don’t they like to see their boards that they have financially contributed to with their company name and logo on it being shown on the highlights feature and thus spreading the name of their Company and services. That seems  a win-win situation whereas at the moment it’s a lose-lose situation.

I hate to say this but if the sponsors starting creating noises about the lack of advertising of their Company by the denial of a highlights package I would suggest that that would prompt positive action. And as mentioned in a previous post Keeping the Profile High.

It wasn’t a dig at anyone. I think one of your posts did suggest that the powers that be had insulted their supporters though, which seems a shame given how hard they have worked.  I posted simply because I read several comments which were either untrue or unnecessarily critical.

It’s also shame re there being no highlights, it would have been nice to have Saturday’s 6 goals recorded. You would be better speaking to someone at the club if you have queries on that though rather than believing comments made on here. 

12 hours ago, Redwhite&rose said:

Christ calm doon, i hardly think anyone is having a go at tge club, in fact in the last 2 years u can hardly think of a club that's had more favourable press attention and supporr from its fans, people are merely curious as to why a seemingly good media set up has been stopped, you saying peo9le are getting there version  out there befire the truth comes out is ironically, probably the most controversial thing posted yet.....

I didn’t attack anyone, merely responded with my view on the comments offering up criticism. Like it’s been said, everyone is allowed their own view. 

Not surprised at all at people being curious re the media setup. Just surprised at people again being quick to suggest this is some sort of wrongdoing by those at the club, rather than just asking them the question.  

ffs can we talk about the fitba please, the "last word" on "mediagate"  was supposed to be aboot 18 posts ago....

Great start to season lets see if we can keep it going, liking the way we are shaping up, particularly impressed with the lad Docherty that cam on a sub on Saturday, very exciting wee player. 

C`mon the Rose

3 points is 3 points, we certainly weren't at our best tonight but we'll play better and lose.

Berwick didn't look that bad in the midfield and going forward, defensively they were poor though.

Some uncalled for shouts from a Berwick supporter though, is it really acceptable in this day and age to continually shout that the referee is a spastic?

That’ll look an even better 3 points later in the Season for me delighted we’ve got the Berwick away out the road they’ll get better with games for me was always going to be a difficult game fully expected a response from Berwick after the league cup going into there first lowland league fixture and that proved so but our boys used there experience soaked up the pressure and took a deserved win.