Bonnyrigg Rose 2019-20

bravehearts dad

10 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I don’t think, other than cup finals, I’ve seen any of the U20s charge to get in over the last 5 years so that’ll probably be why. 

Not from my experience from watching a lot of U20s games last season. Clubs do charge for entry, even for league games. It's definitely sporadic though.

Edited by RampantFM

1 hour ago, RampantFM said:

Not from my experience from watching a lot of U20s games last season. Clubs do charge for entry, even for league games. It's definitely sporadic though.

I was at a couple of Haws games and it was £2 which I didn't mind given the costs they have for away games, matches I was at at Kelty were free as far as I can mind. 

17 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was at a couple of Haws games and it was £2 which I didn't mind given the costs they have for away games, matches I was at at Kelty were free as far as I can mind. 

Agree Cowden good on them for getting organised and doing it. When WW had a decent 20s side a couple of seasons ago and played just along the road we were getting bigger crowds than the 1st team and we thought about it. 

1 hour ago, HeartOfLothian said:

Jealousy is a really bad affliction Spyro. Why not just crawl back to the EoS section and concentrate on your own team.

Steady there lad, if you knew me and follow what I post, you’d know I’ve got all the time in the world for BR :lol:

It’s just that some of their supporters can be... hows best to put this... ever-so sensitive at times... :whistle  

Another new sub forum, this moving hoose every year malarky is quite exciting.

New boys again and we will be looked at by the incumbents to see what we are made of and prove our worth in  this league.

Reading the last few pages about where we might end up in this league is interesting, surely every team going into the season thinks their team can finish first......no?

I would be really disappointed if our aim was anything other than to win the league, we have shown over the games we have played against LL sides that we are a capable side. This isnt saying its easy and winning is expected but we are a good team.  Yeah EK must be favourites and rightly so, Bonnyrigg might not even be in the top 5 favourites at the bookies but i am just looking forward to more competitive games and i think we will thrive on the challenge week to week rather than getting 1 tough game in every 5, as per last seasons opponents which left us not as sharp some weeks as we maybe should have been.

Will we win it? Who knows, but i for one am certainly looking forward to this coming season as much as i have to any in the last 20 years.

Extremely glad to be here and bring on the Lowland League, i genuinely hope the current members will feel we can bring something that adds to the set up.

8 hours ago, Boomtown Boy said:

Another new sub forum, this moving hoose every year malarky is quite exciting.

New boys again and we will be looked at by the incumbents to see what we are made of and prove our worth in  this league.

Reading the last few pages about where we might end up in this league is interesting, surely every team going into the season thinks their team can finish first......no?

I would be really disappointed if our aim was anything other than to win the league, we have shown over the games we have played against LL sides that we are a capable side. This isnt saying its easy and winning is expected but we are a good team.  Yeah EK must be favourites and rightly so, Bonnyrigg might not even be in the top 5 favourites at the bookies but i am just looking forward to more competitive games and i think we will thrive on the challenge week to week rather than getting 1 tough game in every 5, as per last seasons opponents which left us not as sharp some weeks as we maybe should have been.

Will we win it? Who knows, but i for one am certainly looking forward to this coming season as much as i have to any in the last 20 years.

Extremely glad to be here and bring on the Lowland League, i genuinely hope the current members will feel we can bring something that adds to the set up.

Of course Bonnyrigg will bring something to the table , cracking team and no too shabby support all very welcome at every ground I’m sure , Can’t  wait to lock horns again  

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, lowenan said:

First at home to the relegation favorites, and then away to the team that was two divisions above you last season. Interesting. 

The Berwick vs bonnyrigg game is inteeresting as its berwicks first Lowland League game. The pressure on and against a Former JUnior side aswell shows how Scottish Football is turning upside down

2 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

5 away games on a week night and all home games are on Saturdays. Thank goodness for the floodlights eh?!!

If you're in all of the cups like last season then I'm sure there will be some rearranged midweek games to play.

If you're in all of the cups like last season then I'm sure there will be some rearranged midweek games to play.
I'm sure there will be games played under the lights, just seems a little ironic that they are not scheduled to be used.

As far as the 3pm kick offs go I think Kelty adjusted most of their kick off times last year.

Anyway I'm delighted seeing the fixtures coming out, hopefully I can make the games at Dalbeattie, Gretna and Berwick as well as catching up with our old friends at Kelty!

16 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

I'm sure there will be games played under the lights, just seems a little ironic that they are not scheduled to be used.

As far as the 3pm kick offs go I think Kelty adjusted most of their kick off times last year.

Nah, they were all 3pm kick-offs at Kelty. Just the way it's worked out - most LL teams are playing midweek week at the end of August, but Bonnyrigg don't have a Qualifying Cup tie so you're playing  matchday 6 on Saturday 17th August instead. And since you have a home game to start with, you don't play at home a few days later at the end of July.

1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

Anyway I'm delighted seeing the fixtures coming out, hopefully I can make the games at Dalbeattie, Gretna and Berwick as well as catching up with our old friends at Kelty!

Kelty played 3pm that's kick off time in lowland league  so that's why you need them

Seen on Facebook that Vince and Susie Raeburn won’t be covering the first team next season. What’s gone on there? They were doing great work with the media side of things. Hopefully the club still has someone videoing their games as highlights are a must these days in terms of promotion.