West Region Premiership 2019/2020

SaturdaySammy

With Troon, Rutherglen and Cumnock all winning it's opened up the relegation battle a bit but must be a bit gutting for Glencairn to get their first league win for 5 months and relegation rivals win apart from Benburb.
To be honest, I looked at it from the opposite angle, ie had we not won then it would have been a disastrous afternoon for us. We did our bit for ourselves this afternoon, we can't control what happens elsewhere.

We're very much still in this.

In the old set up with 12 teams no team ever got relegated with 24 points, barely over a point per game, over the 22 game season. If we are now playing 30 league games per season it would be natural to use the same kind of scenario, two points over and above the games played, so 32 seems like a very safe call.

I still think rutherglen and Rob Roy are down but from clydebank down to 3rd bottom troon none of these teams will feel safe but if I had to make a call on the 3rd team to go down I would say troon would agree about the 32 points think that would be a safe amount to stay up.

Guest Rob Roy no 1
11 hours ago, Shannon said:

With Troon, Rutherglen and Cumnock all winning it's opened up the relegation battle a bit but must be a bit gutting for Glencairn to get their first league win for 5 months and relegation rivals win apart from Benburb.

I took the glencairn game in yesterday as our game was off. I think Clydebank could be in a bit of trouble they don’t look as though they are safe yet.

7 points behind Troon with 5 games in hand, and still to play them at home.

8 points behind Benburb with a game in hand, and still to play them twice.

14 points behind Cumnock with 7 games in hand.

All is far from lost for Glencairn, with half of our league season and 9 home games still to be played.

One thing we've learned about this league is that very few teams play pretty football in it. It's back to front mostly, and it's a big physical battle. Yes the players are probably the best in the junior scene, but it not overly pleasing on the eye.

One thing we've learned about this league is that very few teams play pretty football in it. It's back to front mostly, and it's a big physical battle. Yes the players are probably the best in the junior scene, but it not overly pleasing on the eye.

Have to agree some of the football on show at times is non existent. I took in the Cumnock v Irvine meadow game yesterday and although it was a good 3 points for Cumnock it was a very scrappy game. Cumnock did however try and keep the ball on the deck and play some football, the Medda just constantly played long balls up to there strikers which wasn’t pleasant to watch but there league position obviously shows it works for them.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:
3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
Benburb 0-1 Clydebank
Kilwinning Rangers 6-2 Kilbirnie Ladeside
Troon 1-2 Rossvale

Good day for us without kicking a ball.

I think it is now 3 from 4.. for the drop. Be very surprised if any other team is dragged into it. For me it will be KRR, Glencairn and Troon... but who knows

I think it is now 3 from 4.. for the drop. Be very surprised if any other team is dragged into it. For me it will be KRR, Glencairn and Troon... but who knows

Rob Roy are gone for me which leaves another 2 from 3.Will be very tight.i think Glencairn will string a wee run together at some point to stay up but it will be close.

Rob Roy are gone for me which leave another 2 from 3.Will be very tight.i think Glencairn will string a wee run together at some point to stay up but it will be close.
Hopefully our run has already started, 4 points from 6 since the start of the decade.

Hopefully kennie will rearrange our game v glencairn next sat to newlandsfield if the glens pitch is waterlogged
and ours is ok since we havent played each other yet in the league.minimal inconvenience for everybody imo

Makes sense if it suits all parties. The forecast is not great this week.The groundsman at the Glens puts a lot of effort and time along with pride in getting the pitch ready but sometimes the weather is just too much.