West Region Premiership 2019/2020

SaturdaySammy

Still can't believe the Ref gave a foul to Glencairn when McIlroy knocked the ball past the keeper!! Stonewall penalty and Red Card. [emoji85] Also, Bradley very lucky to not be sent off for losing the plot.
Bradley should have been sent off for the tackle alone, it is a shocker. I think Grant Hay gets a touch on the ball in the incident with McIlroy, which possibly makes the decision a correct one.

50 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Bellsdale Boy said:
Still can't believe the Ref gave a foul to Glencairn when McIlroy knocked the ball past the keeper!! Stonewall penalty and Red Card. emoji85.png Also, Bradley very lucky to not be sent off for losing the plot.

Bradley should have been sent off for the tackle alone, it is a shocker. I think Grant Hay gets a touch on the ball in the incident with McIlroy, which possibly makes the decision a correct one.

Doesn't matter that it touched the keeper on the way past he took the striker out stonewall penalty .
It wouldn't have been a red card for Hay if the ref had given a penalty, as Hay got a touch on the ball. A red card is only given in those circumstances if there is no attempt to play the ball.

Thought at the time it was a dreadful decision by the referee to give a free kick against McIllroy, clear penalty for me how he saw it that was a mystery, didn't think it was a red for the keeper but it was just bizarre the whole incident, also he got the Bradley one wrong as well so no bias just poor refereeing for me.

Bradley should have definitely walked. The McIlroy incident would be a good one for VAR - the keeper touched the ball but only because it hit off him as it went through his legs when McIlroy prodded it past him. Is that a genuine attempt to play the ball?? Regardless of the card to be shown, it's a pen all day long.

Bradley should have definitely walked. The McIlroy incident would be a good one for VAR - the keeper touched the ball but only because it hit off him as it went through his legs when McIlroy prodded it past him. Is that a genuine attempt to play the ball?? Regardless of the card to be shown, it's a pen all day long.
Spot on.

On 29/12/2019 at 11:10, Viewparker said:

Rossvale are having an amazing season. I think Rutherglen are in trouble and it will need a quick turn around for them not to go down. 

Is benburbs astro as bad as it looks? Looks really worn out

• 2 weeks later...

With Troon, Rutherglen and Cumnock all winning it's opened up the relegation battle a bit but must be a bit gutting for Glencairn to get their first league win for 5 months and relegation rivals win apart from Benburb.