West Region Premiership 2019/2020

SaturdaySammy

from sat 21 sept  till sat 21 dec    13 saturdays   lok have 1 home league game rossvale
away cup ties at forres + linlithgow  split gates (  money losers )
home cup tie v ashfield split gate
hardly any home income if any        even our home game v glencairn  was switched since they were in the same boat
wonder if lok will ask kennie for a switch   will need sat nav to find my way back to newlandsfield
What about all the income from cup finals over the years. Other teams never had that privilege and still need to go ahead with the help of supporters and sponsors.

1 hour ago, Ringford10 said:
On 07/10/2019 at 15:24, nicotina said:
from sat 21 sept  till sat 21 dec    13 saturdays   lok have 1 home league game rossvale
away cup ties at forres + linlithgow  split gates (  money losers )
home cup tie v ashfield split gate
hardly any home income if any        even our home game v glencairn  was switched since they were in the same boat
wonder if lok will ask kennie for a switch   will need sat nav to find my way back to newlandsfield

What about all the income from cup finals over the years. Other teams never had that privilege and still need to go ahead with the help of supporters and sponsors.

What about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about logical fallacy what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about.

• 2 weeks later...

The league table is a bit false at the moment with Talbot so many games behind everyone else and will need to see how they do when caught up with their games.

Quite happy with Meadows start to the season. If we keep battling away we can hopefully stay in top 3/4 and challenge for as long as possible and go far in a cup competition (West or Scottish) then a successful season. I would love to see us challenge but don't think we have the strength in depth as got a couple of important midfielders out for the season.

At the bottom I do think Rob Roy will unfortunately go down, the 5 years of waiting for the new ground to be built and ground sharing has finally taken its toll I feel and looks like Cumbernauld have benefited and coming up to top league for first time I can remember?

Then other two relegation spots could be any of 5 or 6....I do think Benburb looked excellent yesterday against Meadow and likely could have drawn. Just their defence let them down on occasions.Screenshot_20191103_094043_com.android.chrome.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Shannon said:

The league table is a bit false at the moment with Talbot so many games behind everyone else and will need to see how they do when caught up with their games.

Quite happy with Meadows start to the season. If we keep battling away we can hopefully stay in top 3/4 and challenge for as long as possible and go far in a cup competition (West or Scottish) then a successful season. I would love to see us challenge but don't think we have the strength in depth as got a couple of important midfielders out for the season.

At the bottom I do think Rob Roy will unfortunately go down, the 5 years of waiting for the new ground to be built and ground sharing has finally taken its toll I feel and looks like Cumbernauld have benefited and coming up to top league for first time I can remember?

Then other two relegation spots could be any of 5 or 6....I do think Benburb looked excellent yesterday against Meadow and likely could have drawn. Just their defence let them down on occasions.Screenshot_20191103_094043_com.android.chrome.jpeg

When was the last time buffs and medda were top of the league and have to play each other at the end of the month if league positions stay the same till then it's going to be one of the biggest buffs and medda games for many years.

25 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

Talbot will win the league comfortably, 

Clydebank, Kilwinning and Pollok will battle it out for second.

Rob Roy, Troon and Benburb to go down.

Thats my thoughts! 

PS Darvel/Talbot Scottish cup final unless they meet! 

Wasn't meaning buffs or medda will win the league , just that the two are top at the moment and are due to play each other at the end of the month so adds a bit of spice to this derby fixture.

Aye your probably right talbot will go on and win it it won't be comfortable for them like any other team they will have to work hard to win it and you don t win leagues in November. 

Teams going down as most are saying rob Roy are doomed this early because of their continued ground sharing.

Other than that it could be benburb, troon,rossvale, rutherglen or cumnock  still lots of games to go to before we see a clearer picture.

As for the Scottish darvel are good and with the luck of the draw could go all the way but I think there are still good West premier teams in the cup other than talbot that will be able to beat darvel.

Edited by wow-wee

Wasn't meaning buffs or medda will win the league , just that the two are top at the moment and are due to play each other at the end of the month so adds a bit of spice to this derby fixture.

Aye your probably right talbot will go on and win it it won't be comfortable for them like any other team they will have to work hard to win it and you don t win leagues in November. 

Teams going down as most are saying rob Roy are doomed this early because of their continued ground sharing.

Other than that it could be benburb, troon,rossvale, rutherglen or cumnock  still lots of games to go to before we see a clearer picture.

As for the Scottish darvel are good and with the luck of the draw could go all the way but I think there are still good West premier teams in the cup other than talbot that will be able to beat darvel.

Read an article saying buffs chairman quoted if they finish on 30pts for season then it will be successful season for the club, as usually need 30 to finish safe in top half. Only November and sitting top with 30pts. As Strain says Saturday game was a free hit - with the pressure of them they look good, know they carrying few injuries but who isn’t 🤷‍♂️.

Yes Talbot are so so strong, seen a comment the other day which was interesting and tend to agree that they have so much belief that they will get goals if there behind (not often)/heading for a draw, they have a knack that has been perfected for a while. Tucker is a tactical genius - so hard to play against over 90mins.

As for us we are nursing some bad injuries but have came off a run of 5 aways (3 league and 2 cup) but still getting results. We will need our key players back along with some serious luck in running to make a final let alone beat Talbot but we have to beleive or else no point on going eh🤷‍♂️

Big game against Beith WoS this weekend 🤞🤞

KRR/Benburb/Glens to go down, Rossvale and Troon will be safe. Both not as bad as would seem

17 hours ago, Darvel_Marvel said:

KRR/Benburb/Glens to go down, Rossvale and Troon will be safe. Both not as bad as would seem

Time will tell, and you're entitled to your prediction.

However, Troon are already below Glens in the league, having played 3 games more. Rossvale have more than double the points of Troon, from one game less, so it's strange that you have bracketed the two of them together.

Troon's manager was quoted in the Sunday Mail yesterday as saying something like if he is sacked he wouldn't complain as they are losing all the time. I thought it was an odd comment to make, as if he was encouraging it to happen.

Next Saturday 4 club's will reach the halfway point in their league fixtures with most club's only a game behind and we are not at the end of November yet . Reading on another thread the poster from cumnock saying now that they are out both cups barring the weather and if they play every Saturday their season will be over by March checking most club's fixtures barring the weather most will have played 19 to 20 games before the end of the year which will be good going and well done to kennie on getting so many games on. My only concern if the weather stays favourable in the new year some teams will be having a few free weeks of the season for some will finish early unless you are waiting to play talbot who are behind most because of their continued success. 

Hopefully reports of Cumnocks demise may need to be shelved meantime as Cumnock “brushed aside “ Rossvale yesterday and the shoreline of 2-3 greatly flattered Rossvale
Much more impressed with work rate and attitude yesterday and , hopefully , the Pollok fans friend will keep us in the league

Hopefully reports of Cumnocks demise may need to be shelved meantime as Cumnock “brushed aside “ Rossvale yesterday and the shoreline of 2-3 greatly flattered Rossvale
Much more impressed with work rate and attitude yesterday and , hopefully , the Pollok fans friend will keep us in the league

Predictive texting bu**er , however , shoreline may have been quite appropriate as Rossvale may as well have been down Ayr beach yesterday

Wouldn’t say the score line flattered rossvale as they had a good spell about half way through the 1st half and maybe the last 15 mins of the 2nd half but Cumnock definitely deserved the win in the end. If we fight and play like that for the remainder of the season I’m sure we will be fine.

• 1 month later...