West Region Premiership 2019/2020

SaturdaySammy

On 24/09/2019 at 00:27, theesel1994 said:

Talbot will win the League......or possibly Pollok (but probably Talbot).

Relegated - Troon, Rossvale and Rob Roy.

If I'm wrong I'll eat a Pot Noodle.

After watching Rossvale brush Cumnock aside on Saturday I wouldn’t bet against Cumnock going down. 

I agree, think Cumnock are in real danger of going down. This is based off of the game at the tail end of last season and the game this year against meadow so admittedly I may have just witnessed them on two poor occasions but they really seemed to lack any cutting edge. Going by reports from their games aswell they seem to be struggling. 

Edited by Agueroo

from sat 21 sept  till sat 21 dec    13 saturdays   lok have 1 home league game rossvale

away cup ties at forres + linlithgow  split gates (  money losers )

home cup tie v ashfield split gate

hardly any home income if any        even our home game v glencairn  was switched since they were in the same boat

wonder if lok will ask kennie for a switch   will need sat nav to find my way back to newlandsfield

1 hour ago, nicotina said:

from sat 21 sept  till sat 21 dec    13 saturdays   lok have 1 home league game rossvale

away cup ties at forres + linlithgow  split gates (  money losers )

home cup tie v ashfield split gate

hardly any home income if any        even our home game v glencairn  was switched since they were in the same boat

wonder if lok will ask kennie for a switch   will need sat nav to find my way back to newlandsfield

... and that one scheduled home game is (with all due respect to the new wee Rose) very likely to be off, and replaced with another split gate, possibly at the end of another long away trip!

3 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Away at Largs at the weekend there & next home league game is the 16th November . . Got a share of the gate away to Cumbernauld in the west & Gartcairn in the Scottish to keep us going though .

The Cumbernauld game is now on the Sunday 10th November so hopefully a few extra punters through the gate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2019 at 20:06, superpollok said:

It looks a lot more than just Pollok and Talbot at this stage. Meadow going about their business well, never rule out teams who have been done it before in Beith and Hurlford too.

Pollok are picking up points while not playing well and nursing injuries meaning, which is a good sign. However 3 huge league games coming up next and if offered 3 draws would take them now!

For a team who isn’t Talbot to win the league they need Talbot to not have a season like last, to drop a handful of points over 30 games is impressive, it needs a ‘normal’ title race for someone else to win it. 3 or 4 teams fighting for the league and therefore taking points of each other and hopefully off Talbot would open it up, but a long long way to go.

Notice Fanny of the Juniors desperate to have a childlike spelling of Pollok. Obsessed by us.

How are Pollok feeling after those 3 games?  Did you deserve more than one point over the three games?

How are Pollok feeling after those 3 games?  Did you deserve more than one point over the three games?

We deserved a point as that is all we got.

However I don’t feel we played that badly in the second half against Meadow and the game yesterday. Just didn’t take chances.

Played a lot of away games against the top sides, so need to stay near the top and home when the run of home games come we can maximize on that.

However Talbot still a class above anyone in the league, then lots of teams of similar standard