That Jo Brand "Joke"

I think Jo Brand is the funniest female comedian in Britain.
Which to be fair is a bit like having to choose who is the best player in the Thailand Women's football team.
Based on this post alone, most women I've ever met are funnier than you.

5 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Did anyone out there in P&B land find Brand's joke funny?

Umm, I found it quite funny.  Not "Dundee Utd taking penalties" level of funny, but it did raise a chuckle.  It was quite obvious in the context of the show that it was a joke, not a bloody call to arms.  Jesus, if people want to get offended, there are plenty of really obscene things happening in the world to get worked up about.  Not this. 

30 minutes ago, Helpma said:

Umm, I found it quite funny.  Not "Dundee Utd taking penalties" level of funny, but it did raise a chuckle.  It was quite obvious in the context of the show that it was a joke, not a bloody call to arms.  Jesus, if people want to get offended, there are plenty of really obscene things happening in the world to get worked up about.  Not this. 

I doubt if anything could compete with "Dundee Utd taking penalties" level of funny.

Very good analogy!

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

People should listen to the joke. She followed it immediately by saying of course she didn't mean it, it was a fantasy and that throwing milkshakes at people is pathetic. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0005t9g

What, you want people to actually consider context? f**k that i've already sharpened my pitchfork. 

Fucking awful thing for Brand to say. No getting away from it..
What are you on about? She's a comedian, and comedians use shock tactics for effect on a regular basis. Do you always react in this way?

Similar jokes would've been told about Thatcher at the time, and rightly so.

She literally pointed out that she was not being serious in the next sentence.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

She literally pointed out that she was not being serious in the next sentence.

That is not enough. The whole world must know just how offended everyone who never actually heard it live or even knew the show existed is. 

I can't believe people are actually losing their shit over Brand's joke :lol: 

I expect Farage and his impotent followers to be angry because they are by and large emotionally immature losers but everyone else, fucking hell.