Bugs on phone app

jamamafegan

Question

16 answers to this question

Also I can’t unfollow forums. I accidentally followed general nonsense and have tried unticking follow but it doesn’t work and I keep getting notifications every time someone starts a new thread in there. V annoying.

I've updated the App integration files to the latest release today to see if that sorts your issue, but I am an iOS and having no such problems.

Maybe try an uninstall and re-install of the App?

Forum shows you are not following Gen Nonsense, did you sort that?

I've updated the App integration files to the latest release today to see if that sorts your issue, but I am an iOS and having no such problems.
Maybe try an uninstall and re-install of the App?
Forum shows you are not following Gen Nonsense, did you sort that?

Just reinstalled the app there, still following general nonsense and tv and film forums every time I go on them after I’ve deselected them. It seems to happen every time I close the app and open it again.

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

IMG_5707.jpg

Now I’m subscribed to all GN forums and I can’t untick. Every time I go a step back and return it’s ticked again. Nightmare. This problem is restricted to the app.

Just tap that white tick?

Thanks for the update on the app. Looks great!
One small bug I've notices is when I try and edit a lengthy quote of more than ~28 lines (on my phone) the text disappears. It's still there and I can still select it/delete it etc. just can't see it. It comes back when I delete enough characters of the quote to take it back down to ~28 lines.

I've started using the app as on Chrome and Safari on my phone it says I'm banned (fine on pc though). More often than not if I look at who has quoted me etc it says "there is nothing to show" and the thread appears empty. 

On desktop, not phone, but if I write:

Quote.JPG.c4223110a18fc05c34644a85f556b07a.JPG

then I get:

A

B

... and once that happens then I can't select or edit the B line whilst in edit mode.

Edited by Hedgecutter

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

On desktop, not phone, but if I write:

Quote.JPG.c4223110a18fc05c34644a85f556b07a.JPG

then I get:

... and once that happens then I can't select or edit the B line whilst in edit mode.

Looks like a wee bug in the editor, I will log in the support centre. Ta.

Additionally, I don't see strikethroughs on the iPad app using the [ s ] function despite it working on the desktop version.

eta: I uninstalled and reinstalled the app in case it was a version issue. Still the same.

Edited by Hedgecutter

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Additionally, I don't see strikethroughs on the iPad app using the [ s ] function despite it working on the desktop version.

eta: I uninstalled and reinstalled the app in case it was a version issue. Still the same.

Thanks for reporting.

The App in it's current version is no longer supported by the suppliers, so it won't be bug fixed.

Meantime you  have two alternatives;

1) You can download the free "Tapatalk" app to connect to the forum
2) You can just use the forum through your mobile browser.

We're hoping to have a better App solution coming at some point but it is still some way off I'm afraid.

On 07/11/2019 at 02:38, harkinsbaldpatch said:

Getting alot of images that dont show up, using the android version and has been like this for a couple months now.

All I can suggest is that you use the mobile version of the site rather than the app.

Or try using the Tapatalk app from your Google Play store and see if that resolves the issue.

The existing App will be getting withdrawn and replaced with the new Invision App as soon as it's released.

All I can suggest is that you use the mobile version of the site rather than the app.
Or try using the Tapatalk app from your Google Play store and see if that resolves the issue.
The existing App will be getting withdrawn and replaced with the new Invision App as soon as it's released.
Cheers Div, switched to the Tapatalk app a few weeks back and all good now.