Attendances

MrMartinBlack9

You only get the odd snippet. I'm not aware of any of the HFL that publishes their attendances. Going by a bit in the SFA licensing manual every club should have a system in place to account for the numbers going through the gate as a minimum.

Don't know if @Burnieclub78 has tried to include the Highland League as part of his impressive attendance project. I know I would appreciate seeing their inclusion (sorry for suggesting even more work your way!)

image.thumb.png.2b2e9762d1338be78bd474b640d4a12b.png

12 hours ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Hi guys,

I was just wondering what the attendances tend to be like in the Highland League? Have tried Google but not having much luck. 

Probably a bit of a geeky question but genuinely interested, thanks for any info in advance :)

As a guess I'd say the average is between one and two hundred.

Thanks for your replies chaps - does that go for every club in the league welshbairn? Wasn’t sure if the teams normally in the top 5 like Formartine, Fraserburgh etc had higher attendances. 

Just noticed you’re a Clachnacuddin fan, that’s a ground I’m looking forward to visiting - decent stand behind the goal :)

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You only get the odd snippet. I'm not aware of any of the HFL that publishes their attendances. Going by a bit in the SFA licensing manual every club should have a system in place to account for the numbers going through the gate as a minimum.

Don't know if @Burnieclub78 has tried to include the Highland League as part of his impressive attendance project. I know I would appreciate seeing their inclusion (sorry for suggesting even more work your way!)

image.thumb.png.2b2e9762d1338be78bd474b640d4a12b.png

Already looking to add HL this coming season. Hopefully I can get similar response to what I've had from Lowland,  EOS & SOS. If I can get from clubs first great if not I'll be looking for headcounts ( volunteers required) This includes counting all on spectators side of barriers including paying, free, kids, committee and helpers etc. I will be looking for all league and all cup games. Keeping the same format as Lowland, EOS & SOS.

Edited by Burnieclub78

Fraserburgh reliably get 500 or so for home games, more than that for derbies or games v league leaders. Buckie would be about the same and get more when they are doing really well. Wick also have a very loyal support.

Inverurie I'd guess average attendance 250-300 depending on opposition, Formartine rarely break the 200 mark, normally 100-150.

The smaller teams get anything between about 30 (Fort William, Keith) to around the 120 mark. Last HL game I went to last season was Deveronvale v Clach, there were about 130 or so there.

16 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Fraserburgh reliably get 500 or so for home games, more than that for derbies or games v league leaders. Buckie would be about the same and get more when they are doing really well. Wick also have a very loyal support.

Inverurie I'd guess average attendance 250-300 depending on opposition, Formartine rarely break the 200 mark, normally 100-150.

The smaller teams get anything between about 30 (Fort William, Keith) to around the 120 mark. Last HL game I went to last season was Deveronvale v Clach, there were about 130 or so there.

Broch publish home crowds  on their website occasionally - some I noted from 18-19 were:

Aberdeenshire Cup v Huntly: 200

League v Clach: 304

League v Buckie: 300

Aberdeenshire Shield v Locos: 156

League v Fort: 200

Scottish v Talbot: 727

The only Highland game I have been at was Fort v Huntly in 17-18 - just over 30 in attendance.

Edited by cmontheloknow

If you’re talking about folk who actually pay the full admission fee , then the official attendance will usually be considerably less than the number of spectators........especially in the second half

Committee members , guests of sponsors , miscellaneous hangers-on (eg mates and/or partners of players) and folk who get in through the unmanned gates after half time make up a significant proportion of the crowd.

Edited by A96

9 hours ago, A96 said:

If you’re talking about folk who actually pay the full admission fee , then the official attendance will usually be considerably less than the number of spectators........especially in the second half

Committee members , guests of sponsors , miscellaneous hangers-on (eg mates and/or partners of players) and folk who get in through the unmanned gates after half time make up a significant proportion of the crowd.

The figures I look for should include everyone on spectators side of barriers to be counted. This gives the most accurate attendance imo. I believe most if not all Lowland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland clubs / supporters now do this. 

I've included spreadsheets from all from last season, gives an idea of how it went. I got figures from around 1280 games with only around 20 games tbc. 

Most clubs now help with giving figures but sometimes I rely on supporters for headcounts. 

IMG_20190602_192425.JPG

IMG_20190602_192313.JPG

IMG_20190602_192331.JPG

IMG_20190602_192235.JPG

IMG_20190602_192159.JPG

IMG_20190602_192023.JPG

IMG_20190602_191951.JPG

5 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

The figures I look for should include everyone on spectators side of barriers to be counted. This gives the most accurate attendance imo. I believe most if not all Lowland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland clubs / supporters now do this. 

I've included spreadsheets from all from last season, gives an idea of how it went. I got figures from around 1280 games with only around 20 games tbc. 

Most clubs now help with giving figures but sometimes I rely on supporters for headcounts. 

IMG_20190602_192425.JPG

IMG_20190602_192313.JPG

IMG_20190602_192331.JPG

IMG_20190602_192235.JPG

IMG_20190602_192159.JPG

IMG_20190602_192023.JPG

IMG_20190602_191951.JPG

Would it be better/easier if you recorded figures for league games only? You could then compare teams within divisions based upon the same number of games without the distortions which cup games give. You could then also compare attendances for league games across the Pyramid.

1 minute ago, Dev said:

Would it be better/easier if you recorded figures for league games only? You could then compare teams within divisions based upon the same number of games without the distortions which cup games give. You could then also compare attendances for league games across the Pyramid.

He already gives the league average for every club

image.png.a6c2d04085d9c6b03b109e0ccac4eb12.png

36 minutes ago, Dev said:

Also have spreadsheets for league only. 

Clach also have a knot of 15-20 fans who go to away games. They were very vocal in the aforementioned game with the Vale :lol: last season, particularly when their giant lump of a Polish centre forward, a cross between Dolph Lundgren and one of the less successful Frankenstein prototypes, got himself sent off.

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:38, A96 said:

It is a feature of HFL fixtures that there and a good number of 'extra' hanging around the grounds.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Clach also have a knot of 15-20 fans who go to away games. They were very vocal in the aforementioned game with the Vale :lol: last season, particularly when their giant lump of a Polish centre forward, a cross between Dolph Lundgren and one of the less successful Frankenstein prototypes, got himself sent off.

He was great, with the ball at his feet he looked like a newborn giraffe though.