Pre-season friendlies

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a closed door friendly at Oriam tbf

I've never known so many people at a closed door friendly, a man on the gate charging admission and a programme being produced. 

But you live and learn. 

9 hours ago, scrooge1928 said:
12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Have you got any knowledge of our line up?
Cant find it anywhere.

Afraid not RG. There wasn't a teamsheet and I didn't see the referee's copy of the teamlines.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've never known so many people at a closed door friendly, a man on the gate charging admission and a programme being produced. 

But you live and learn. 

It's just what was said on our forum over the past week tbh, official club Twitter has never acknowledged the game so there was no reason to not believe it.

Don't think there was ever a suggestion the game at the John Brydson Arena was going be closed doors but Saints were clearly keen not to leave fans in any doubt that this wasn't a first team fixture, so not to travel expecting it to be as such. 

Not sure fans would have been too chuffed to pay their £6 then see our sports scientist Stuart MacFarlane playing centre back. 

From what I heard, first half could have become embarrassing but the young Saints did better in the second half. Shows them all the level they need to reach if they want to get a contract and a loan move when they finish with the U18s. 

5 hours ago, Cumbo said:
14 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:
It's not our league but deserves a mention

Jeanfield swifts 3 - 9 Fort William

It was Swifts under 19s they were playing

Aye and they still managed to lose 3 goals to a 19s side I imagine it will be normal service once the HL starts.

5 hours ago, Radford said:

Don't think there was ever a suggestion the game at the John Brydson Arena was going be closed doors but Saints were clearly keen not to leave fans in any doubt that this wasn't a first team fixture, so not to travel expecting it to be as such. 

Not sure fans would have been too chuffed to pay their £6 then see our sports scientist Stuart MacFarlane playing centre back. 

From what I heard, first half could have become embarrassing but the young Saints did better in the second half. Shows them all the level they need to reach if they want to get a contract and a loan move when they finish with the U18s. 

Aye 1st half I thought City would give them a bit of a doing but it settled down more in the 2nd. It was a strong City side but they had a few bodies watching on from the stand including last seasons top scorer Blair Henderson.

If you have a similar side out against Cove in the Carmel Wafer Cup I think they could be in for a bit of a pumping as I imagine Cove will be taking that seriously and want to make an impression in the cup.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

If you have a similar side out against Cove in the Carmel Wafer Cup I think they could be in for a bit of a pumping as I imagine Cove will be taking that seriously and want to make an impression in the cup.

We don't have a reserves this season and Tommy Wright says he wants to send all of the players too old for the U18s out on loan. There are only half-a-dozen of them though. Not sure the criteria for eligibility in the Tunnock's have been made clear yet but it could be just a team similar to that, minus the sports scientist...