Nutmeg  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From one of the articles you've posted, I only bothered clicking the one and looking at the very first paragraph;

-

What is a ‘nutmeg’?

A ‘nutmeg’ or ‘panna’ is when you put the ball through an opponent’s legs either while dribbling or passing. A player is said to be ‘nutmegged’ or ‘megged’ when his opponent successfully dribbles, pushes, rolls or passes the ball cleanly through his legs.

-

Also, these things aren't decided by what someone puts into their article or blog anyway, just playing yourself is sufficient [emoji23]

7 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Those last two articles are lifted directly from the Wiki definition in the first link. 

I'm more interested in what the good people of Scotland refer to as a nutmeg anyhow. 

I’m only going off playing football at school or five a sides but whenever you put the ball through someone’s legs it was a nutmeg.

You were normally too busy taking the piss out of the person to collect the ball after megging them.

I thought the whole point of the nutmeg was to take the piss out of an opponent by putting the ball through his legs and getting it back on the other side of him rather than trying to dribble  past him.  Passes to a teammate or shots through a keepers legs aren't my perceived definition of a nutmeg. 

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Done a few minutes research and come across that, the goals after 45 seconds are extremely satisfying. The 2 futsal ones and the Messi one emoji7.png

Messi's got about 6 or 7 in there, including a double meg at the end.