Euro 2020 tickets

Mods, please feel free to delete if not allowed.

I am now unable to make London for the game v England.

If anyone is struggling to get return train tickets (Thurs am - Sat am from Edinburgh) I need to get rid of mine.

Selling for less than I paid / less than face value.

Hope everyone that is making the trip has a great time 👍

Tickets from before 10am cancelled and will be available again next week.
I think that's the wrong decision. They should cancel ALL orders, and have a clean slate. The two fan zone days I booked were showing as sold out earlier, so fingers crossed I can get them second time around.

I think that's the wrong decision. They should cancel ALL orders, and have a clean slate. The two fan zone days I booked were showing as sold out earlier, so fingers crossed I can get them second time around.
Why should anyone who adhered to the rules have their tickets cancelled ?

If any were to be cancelled due to administrative error then it rightly should be only those sold early. Chancers always going to take a chance and this time it has backfired.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

If any were to be cancelled due to administrative error then it rightly should be only those sold early. Chancers always going to take a chance and this time it has backfired.

It’s a bit unfair to call someone who got tickets when they were on sale a chancer. It’s fairly common to go on a website early when tickets are going on sale, and if they’ve been put on sale you would presumably be concerned that other people are taking them up too.

"the rules"... Come on now. Nobody broke any "rules" . Some clown at SEE Tickets or UEFA put them on sale early. That's not anyone who bought tickets fault.

Are you telling me if you went on the website at 9.55 am and saw they were available, you'd wait until 10 am to order so you could be seen to be "adhering to the rules"?

26 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What even is this post. There was ambiguity as to when the tickets go on sale, you look and they are on sale so you purchase them. 

Are you meant to sit and think “Ahh they don’t go on sale until ten, I better wait.” 

Tickets often go on sale early, so it is an utter shambles to cancel them. People should be better organised - not that difficult. 

Edited by No_Problemo

It’s a bit unfair to call someone who got tickets when they were on sale a chancer. It’s fairly common to go on a website early when tickets are going on sale, and if they’ve been put on sale you would presumably be concerned that other people are taking them up too.
They took a chance = chancer

What even is this post. There was ambiguity as to when the tickets go on sale, you look and they are on sale so you purchase them. 
Are you meant to sit and think “Ahh they don’t go on sale until ten, I better wait.” 
Tickets often go on sale early, so it is an utter shambles to cancel them. People should be better organised - not that difficult. 
Funnily enough I knew they went on sale at 10.00. Logged on at 10.10 and was able to get 4 sessions. There was no ambiguity some folk took a chance and tried pre 10am and it has backfired.

I'm not advocating that those sold early have them cancelled but I'm most certainly advocating those who booked them post 10am should not be penalised which was my original point.

Has anyone seen an email cancelling their tickets? What a shambles.

First off weeks and months of not knowing if we've got tickets and now a few days of not knowing of we've got the fanzone

On 24/05/2021 at 12:34, Billy Jean King said:

I don't think it is 6000 capacity. It's 6000 in a day but there are 2 "sessions" each day so it could on be 3000 per session. All seated and socially distanced also suggests 6000 "seats" which would seem unlikely.

You just know this is going to go tits up

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Funnily enough I knew they went on sale at 10.00. Logged on at 10.10 and was able to get 4 sessions. There was no ambiguity some folk took a chance and tried pre 10am and it has backfired.

I'm not advocating that those sold early have them cancelled but I'm most certainly advocating those who booked them post 10am should not be penalised which was my original point.

Actually there was ambiguity as it was only on Twitter that they mentioned 10am as the sale time. I had seen their article on the website which didn’t (and still doesn’t) have a time, only the date. It’s why I went on when I woke up as I never knew about a 10am sale time, I read the post on here but it was after I got mine.

5DE292AB-70F0-4591-927E-6F46D1155F6C.jpeg

Edited by Jambomo

5 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

"the rules"... Come on now. Nobody broke any "rules" . Some clown at SEE Tickets or UEFA put them on sale early. That's not anyone who bought tickets fault.

Are you telling me if you went on the website at 9.55 am and saw they were available, you'd wait until 10 am to order so you could be seen to be "adhering to the rules"?

1 - nobody bought tickets. They are free. Can’t complain over freebies.

2 - They were available after 9am. 

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:
8 hours ago, RobbieD said:
1 - nobody bought tickets. They are free. Can’t complain over freebies.
2 - They were available after 9am. 

They were available long before 9am.

What sort of time? Should be fine for tickets bought in good faith at 10am then.

What sort of time? Should be fine for tickets bought in good faith at 10am then.
I got a couple random ones at 8.45am. Personally I'm not overly bothered about if I get tickets for the Fan Zone or not second time around. It's the people who got them for the Scotland games pre 10am I feel most sorry for, as it's not their fault they were accidentally made available.

Anyway, I took a walk round Hampden last night and it's starting to get all Euro'd up. So much work going into doing up the facade of stadium, media centres in the car park, all just for 4 matches. Euro 2020 banners on basically every lamp post in the streets around Hampden. Getting exciting!
IMG_20210526_201719.jpeg

14 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
15 hours ago, giannijambo said:

They took a chance = chancer

It was only a chance if you knew 10am was somehow an official start time. I knew the date, but not the time, so logged on to make sure I had the correct site/page etc. and saw they were available so took them. Usual shambles - how difficult do they make things.  

On 14/05/2021 at 10:29, HibeeJibee said:

Chat about tickets being mobile phone apps only. Will every person need this or just the lead person having the ticket account?

Among our party somebody doesn't have a smartphone and another has a Blackberry which apparently sometimes isn't fully compatible with these sorts of apps... FFS. Will there be no paper or 'print-at-home' alternative?

Anyone know more about this?