Euro 2020 tickets

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Yep, that's part of my point really. They seem content to allow fans in at Hampden because it suits certain needs, whether it be financial, home advantage or whatever really, which doesn't really add up with the messages of caution and firm stance on domestic football they've adopted on the grounds of health and safety. They can't claim it is unsafe to have substantial numbers of domestic fans attending matches while simultaneously making an exception for the Euro matches.

This has been the thing throughout that maybe hasn't been well communicated. It's not a question of drawing a line and saying "everything more hazardous than this is out". It's about balancing the risks and benefits. There will be a Scottish cup final every year. There will be a league champion every year (and it'll only be one of two clubs), But Scotland will probably never play a tournament finals game at home again. (I do feel for St Johnstone fans, but at least they got to have gatherings outside pubs on Saturday).

There's nothing wrong with exceptions. Exceptions are fine when there's a strong enough rationale. Rangers winning the league isn't nearly as important as the Euro 2020 games. If we hadn't admitted the minimum number of fans requested by UEFA then the matches would have been taken away from Scotland altogether. I'm sure that would have had a painful financial impact on the SFA too, as the owners of Hampden.

And if the virus situation continues to worsen it could still be moved or played behind closed doors. 

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

This has been the thing throughout that maybe hasn't been well communicated. It's not a question of drawing a line and saying "everything more hazardous than this is out". It's about balancing the risks and benefits. There will be a Scottish cup final every year. There will be a league champion every year (and it'll only be one of two clubs), But Scotland will probably never play a tournament finals game at home again. (I do feel for St Johnstone fans, but at least they got to have gatherings outside pubs on Saturday).

There's nothing wrong with exceptions. Exceptions are fine when there's a strong enough rationale. Rangers winning the league isn't nearly as important as the Euro 2020 games. If we hadn't admitted the minimum number of fans requested by UEFA then the matches would have been taken away from Scotland altogether. I'm sure that would have had a painful financial impact on the SFA too, as the owners of Hampden.

And if the virus situation continues to worsen it could still be moved or played behind closed doors. 

I think this is where our opinions will differ. I don't believe it is fair or reasonable to place stricter crowd restrictions on domestic matches than the Euro matches simply because one is seen to be more important than the other or there was a risk that the games would be moved elsewhere.

We've constantly been told that any decisions made are taken with health and safety at the forefront of the decision making process, influenced and supported by the science and research undertaken. To make a "special dispensation" for the Hampden matches purely on the basis that it is more financially beneficial or seen to be more important totally contradicts this decision making process.

Has anyone been able to view their tickets on the Euro 2020 ticket app? Mine says there's no tickets associated with my email address but I've had the confirmation today.
They'll email you when they are ready in the app.

Got a Category 1 ticket for the games at Hampden but says it’s restricted view! Not aware of any restricted views at Hampden and Category 1 is North or South Stands. Anyone shed any light on it. I’m thinking it’s maybe front rows where the view isn’t as good or something unless they’re moving the pillar from Parkhead to put in front of my seat [emoji23]

Got a Category 1 ticket for the games at Hampden but says it’s restricted view! Not aware of any restricted views at Hampden and Category 1 is North or South Stands. Anyone shed any light on it. I’m thinking it’s maybe front rows where the view isn’t as good or something unless they’re moving the pillar from Parkhead to put in front of my seat [emoji23]

€185 for a restricted view?

€185 for a restricted view?

€145 as I said only thing I can think of is it’s first few rows as the views are worse down there. Either that or they’re bringing a pillar just for my seat [emoji23]

Just curious if anyone knew, honestly I’m just glad I got a ticket.

Anyone who still thinks they have tickets from the original UEFA ballot for Hampden had any confirmation? I’ve not been told that my tickets for the Czech match are being refunded but I’ve also not been told I’m definitely getting them. 

Got an email today confirming tickets for Scotland Croatia game.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

€145 as I said only thing I can think of is it’s first few rows as the views are worse down there. Either that or they’re bringing a pillar just for my seat emoji23.png

I’ve been to a few games in the upper tier of the south stand, depending on how far back you are you can miss the touch line nearest you.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

€145 as I said only thing I can think of is it’s first few rows as the views are worse down there. Either that or they’re bringing a pillar just for my seat emoji23.png

I was in the front row of either North or South, around the 18-yard line for the Russia game at Hampden a while back, and I wasn't quite prepared for just how shite the view was going to be.  Great for any action right in front, but as soon as it went beyond the half-way line, very difficult to tell even what direction players were running in.  Could well be that.

Highlight of that game ended up being a wee mouse that decided to make an appearance in the second half.  Even he thought it was shite and left soon after.

Just wondered if anybody else who has been successful in getting tickets for any of the games at Hampden also happened to have under 18 tickets?

Im sure i read on the SFA email last week or maybe it was somewhere else, that UEFA stipulated under 18s couldn't attend? Just had confirmation my 4 tickets (2 x adult and 2 x 10 year olds) via UEFA for croatia had been successful.

Just hoping for peace of mind that i have misread that info and the kids arent likely to get turned away on the day?

cheers

[mention=37521]Christophe[/mention] The Fanzone tickets are actually on sale already. I just got all mine. Just in case you want some before they sell out.
https://glasgowfanzone.seetickets.com/tour/uefa-euro-2020-fan-zone/list/1/100
Are the food garden tables different from seating for watching the games?

1 minute ago, true_rover said:
55 minutes ago, Jambomo said:
[mention=37521]Christophe[/mention] The Fanzone tickets are actually on sale already. I just got all mine. Just in case you want some before they sell out.
https://glasgowfanzone.seetickets.com/tour/uefa-euro-2020-fan-zone/list/1/100

Are the food garden tables different from seating for watching the games?

I don’t know tbh, there is a picture of the area posted up on the gates but it doesn’t give much info beyond the area of the Fan Park. I think (hope) it’s the same seats,  they will probably not want loads of folk wandering about as much as possible. The website seemed to suggest that it’s mainly seated.

13 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Cheers for that.

I'm just down the road from the Green so just booked a few random days and hope the weather is decent.

So am I, the house overlooks Glasgow Green so I booked quite a few - I am not sitting in the house when everyone else is outside having a laugh. It’ll be noisy as f**k anyway so I may as well join them.