Euro 2020 tickets

22 hours ago, sparky88 said:

it's cancelling tickets that are already paid for to give them to people who didn't enter the original ballot that I have a problem with. 

I bought my ticket back in 2019 and got it cancelled by email on Monday.  I will be raging if people who didn't originally enter end up getting to go and I don't.

13 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

I bought my ticket back in 2019 and got it cancelled by email on Monday.  I will be raging if people who didn't originally enter end up getting to go and I don't.

That's exactly what's going to happen. The people they'll give the tickets to are members of the Scottish Supporters Club (and other countries supporters clubs too). It's not the SSC's fault of course but still rather unfair.

7 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

That's exactly what's going to happen. The people they'll give the tickets to are members of the Scottish Supporters Club (and other countries supporters clubs too). It's not the SSC's fault of course but still rather unfair.

Unfair to who?

5 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

I'm on 11. Hopefully some trickle down.

This.

7 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

I heard through the grapevine today that for Wembley if you're a 12+ pointer then you're guaranteed a ticket. Pretty reliable source.

A lot of us got booked up last night on our supporter group's trip. Busses leaving Glasgow/Ayr late Wednesday evening, hotel stay on the Thursday, and returning after the match on Friday night.

Wonder if they’ll make everyone try to get to one game at most. So the high pointers get Wembley while the rest get any of the Hampden games. 

I am a fan of England, North Macedonia, Poland, Scotland, Slovakia, Spain or Sweden. When will tickets go on sale?
Tickets for the matches of the teams mentioned above will go on sale in May, after we know the final capacities of the stadia and after the necessary ticket cancellations have been completed.

Noticed this on the Uefa Website.

Edited by Lyle Lanley

28 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I am a fan of England, North Macedonia, Poland, Scotland, Slovakia, Spain or Sweden. When will tickets go on sale?
Tickets for the matches of the teams mentioned above will go on sale in May, after we know the final capacities of the stadia and after the necessary ticket cancellations have been completed.

Stopped reading when you claimed to support 7 different countries. Ridiculous behaviour 

Aye that's been there for around a month now. "May"... So vague! It really is a joke. The ballots for Hampden's group stage matches have been done, so UEFA absolutely know what allocations we are going to get by now, so why are they dragging their heels? Must be frustrating for the SSC too who are no doubt being contacted by members asking the same questions.

ETA - https://support.tickets-euro2020.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021563480-Tickets-sales-for-fans-of-Slovakia-for-UEFA-EURO-2020-

At the bottom of that page it actually says "later in May". So we might only get 2/3 weeks notice if we have tickets.

I just got told the daily record has a story about all the £107 ticket holders getting to keep their briefs and it was mainly the £45 ticket holders that lost out. Not surprising from uefa if true but you’d think they’d have been a little bit more coy given their recent statements regarding greed and the ESL.

That's the UEFA ballot happened for England's group stage matches.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/may/12/estc-initial-group-stage-ballots-announced-20210513?s=09

Found that link, and it has the allocation on it for England supporters at Wembley for each game, so I assume we're going to get the same number for Wembley (2,968). Mostly €50 tickets.

The sale for England supporters is on Tuesday at 1pm. I assume ours will be then too? Would be good to hear something like this from the SFA/SSC.

Also, 2,968 supporter club tickets is around 12% of Wembley's 25,000 capacity. 12% of Hampden's is around 1,400, which is guaranteed for 17+ pointers. The remaining % we are getting must be going to SFA sponsors, players family members etc?

That's the UEFA ballot happened for England's group stage matches.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/may/12/estc-initial-group-stage-ballots-announced-20210513?s=09

Found that link, and it has the allocation on it for England supporters at Wembley for each game, so I assume we're going to get the same number for Wembley (2,968). Mostly €50 tickets.

The sale for England supporters is on Tuesday at 1pm. I assume ours will be then too? Would be good to hear something like this from the SFA/SSC.

Also, 2,968 supporter club tickets is around 12% of Wembley's 25,000 capacity. 12% of Hampden's is around 1,400, which is guaranteed for 17+ pointers. The remaining % we are getting must be going to SFA sponsors, players family members etc?

Unbelievable that the tickets cancelled are being resold yet those still valid after the 2nd UEFA ballot haven't even had confirmation of that yet. Surely those with allocated tickets need that confirmed before the next sale phase starts !

On 11/05/2021 at 09:36, OSP said:

Not only have mine been cancelled, but I just realised I paid for them on a card I have now closed off. So need to chase them to get my money back. Double kick in the teeth.

They said that if the refund gets rejected they'll contact you for your bank details to make a transfer. There's a section on your profile where you can put in your bank details, it might save you some time to fill that in now.

I wasn't sure which card I'd used and was worried I'd used a now-closed card too, so I contacted them to ask. They replied quickly with the last 4 digits of the card I used, I was impressed with their service tbh.

3 hours ago, Gdog85 said:

I just got told the daily record has a story about all the £107 ticket holders getting to keep their briefs and it was mainly the £45 ticket holders that lost out. Not surprising from uefa if true but you’d think they’d have been a little bit more coy given their recent statements regarding greed and the ESL.

File this one under "Daily Record puts internet rumours on the front page without doing any fact-checking."

It's a big folder.

It's not unfair for the SSC to get a small allocation but its harsh that 30000+ fans paid the working capital for uefa for over 2 years

I mean, I don't think you can blame UEFA for that, they didn't conjure up some elaborate scheme to postpone the games and keep people's money for all that time. There have been plenty of opportunities to apply for refunds if people wanted their money back.

Really feel for people who had Scotland tickets and then lost them in the ballot. That’s beyond harsh but unavoidable sadly. 

Presume the SFA will allocate as usual on points? Given the circumstances, I’d like to see the SFA give as many SSC members as possible the chance to go to a game. If it’s 2,000 a game for example, I’d rather see 6,000 getting to a match than the same 2,000 at all three games.  The folk on the most points would complain like hell but spread the experience to as many as possible. 

Can see where you're coming from, but the people who would be guaranteed tickets for the games based on points are the ones who've likely traipsed all over Europe while we were shite.  If someone's sitting at full points because they've sat through some of the displays we've shat out, they deserve to be at every match.  This is their reward.

And just to be clear, I say this as a glory-hunting scrub who only returned to the SSC once we were good after dropping out for a campaign.  Only a couple of away games to my name, and certainly not any of the less glamorous.  Am I gutted I'm not going?  Absolutely, but nowhere near as gutted as someone would be if they were denied a ticket on top points.

Edited by forameus

34 minutes ago, forameus said:

Can see where you're coming from, but the people who would be guaranteed tickets for the games based on points are the ones who've likely traipsed all over Europe while we were shite.  If someone's sitting at full points because they've sat through some of the displays we've shat out, they deserve to be at every match.  This is their reward.

Admire their loyalty, but to me it’s a no-brainer. Give 2,000 select punters the experience of seeing their nation at the Euros or give 6,000 the opportunity.  It’s not as if the extra 4,000 aren’t committed Scotland fans. They’ll have earned their points at pretty much every home game and the odd away I suspect. so they are hardly undeserving. The reality is also that not everyone has the resources to afford to travel all over Europe following the national team accumulating points.

Given that so many folk have had Scotland tickets taken away from them, I’d like to see the SFA do as much as possible to let as many Scotland fans experience the Euros as possible. In the current circumstances, when tickets are  severely restricted, handing anyone tickets to all three games seems the wrong choice. It’s not as if distributing the tickets more equitably will mean those on the most points  miss out completely, they will still be at one of the games. 

Realise this won’t be popular with the Tartan Army diehards, as the two red dots already show for even just suggesting it 😂 

Edited by roverthemoon