Euro 2020 tickets

12 hours ago, forameus said:

Maybe I'm completely misremembering Trafalgar Square, but seems odd that they're wanting to limit capacity on an outdoor stadium to about a quarter, but are happy to cram the same amount into a Square.  But maybe the place is a lot bigger than I remember.

I think that will be it at reduced capacity, had a look through fanzones from previous Euro’s and the smallest were 30ishK.

Edit - if you look at the other thread, I am unfortunately completely wrong.

Edited by No_Problemo

Are fanzones any good? I've always imagined them to be like the worst parts of festivals - long queues, shite and expensive pints and drunken arseholes everywhere. 
My personal experience was that they are fine and a great way to see the game with thousands of other people. Like anywhere, if there are annoying people it was solved just by moving ten metres.

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are fanzones any good? I've always imagined them to be like the worst parts of festivals - long queues, shite and expensive pints and drunken arseholes everywhere. 

The fans zones at the World Cup in Russia were the opposite of that in the main

even on the day Russia played Spain we were in the main fan park in Moscow less than 1/2 a mile from the ground with 80,000 at both venues and it was superb. The pints were cheaper than the pubs and they had so many vendors the queues were not too bad.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Enjoyed the fan zones in Paris at the last Euros, can’t remember the pints being wildly expensive.

When I went to world cup in 98 we bought bottles of wine in plastic bottles from corner shops for 70p

Utterly revolting but got you very gassed

On 15/04/2021 at 11:31, The Moonster said:

I was in fanzones in Paris and Bordeaux in 1998, they were definitely the next best way to watch the games if you couldn't be there and in some ways might have been better. The 7 minutes from Collins' equaliser against Brazil until half time stand out as a great memory. I wouldn't travel just for a fanzone though. 

Hopefully find out in next week or two if tickets i got in ballot for me and my grandson will still be valid!

Would be gutted if i didnt get them as my grandson first ever tournament he has been excited since they qualified, but i can understand the supporters club getting majority of tickets if it happens

Hopefully find out in next week or two if tickets i got in ballot for me and my grandson will still be valid!
Would be gutted if i didnt get them as my grandson first ever tournament he has been excited since they qualified, but i can understand the supporters club getting majority of tickets if it happens
I think the majority will still go to the ticket holders from the original ballot.

I've got tickets for Scotland v Croatia so I'm praying I'm still lucky in any new draw.