Euro 2020 tickets

44 minutes ago, The Master said:

According to Derek Rae on Twitter, the German Newspaper Bild is reporting that Israel has approached UEFA offering to host the later stages of the CL/EL but, more importantly for us, the entire Euros. The rationale being that Israel is well-advanced in its vaccine programme. 

I’m not sure UEFA will bite. At least not for the Euros. Not least because it looks like the UK government are already considering allowing fans at the EFL and FA Cup finals. If UEFA were to look at a single host, I’d imagine they’d go with one already due to stage games, so England (rightly or wrongly) might be in a position to be that country.

It’s possible that Scottish Government will allow fans by June, which could leave open a GB-based tournament (possibly including Wales, although the the Millennium Stadium will need to be stood-down as a COVID hospital first)

But I don’t think anyone would dare predict the SG’s thinking either way. 

Scottish government will not do exactly as England do so lets hope that the numbers are at such a level they have no choice, if the numbers are low but not low enough the the SG will not allow fans as they have to be different to Westminster.

If presented with the opportunity to vote for an all-GB based euro 2020 finals with fans, I'd vote a firm 'No'.
The thought of fans of every other country coming here (taking our jobs, women etc*) and the potential for a variant to emerge and possibly undermine the vaccine progress just fills me with the fear. Any other year it'd be brilliant. Right now it'd be inviting fate.

*Kidding!
I don't think there would be fans coming from abroad, would there?

I liked this video about how Euro 2020 in the UK would work:

I don't think there would be fans coming from abroad, would there?

I liked this video about how Euro 2020 in the UK would work:

Good wee vid that.

It didn't - unless I wasn't paying attention and missed it (highly likely these days) - explicitly say whether it would be restricted to UK fans. You really would hope so tho.

On 16/02/2021 at 12:43, The Master said:

According to Derek Rae on Twitter, the German Newspaper Bild is reporting that Israel has approached UEFA offering to host the later stages of the CL/EL but, more importantly for us, the entire Euros. The rationale being that Israel is well-advanced in its vaccine programme. 

Aye, they're well advanced, just so long as you don't count the occupied territories.

Israel bombed Syria the night before last and Hezbollah seem to be getting the mood for another wee skirmish in southern Lebanon, so I really, really can't see them jumping out of the frying pan into a very burny fire.

It’s possible that Scottish Government will allow fans by June, which could leave open a GB-based tournament (possibly including Wales, although the the Millennium Stadium will need to be stood-down as a COVID hospital first)

But I don’t think anyone would dare predict the SG’s thinking either way. 

Millennium Stadium isn't a hospital any more - Wales played Ireland in the Six Nations there the week before last.

I'm sure SG will move heaven and earth to keep Scotland's games at Hampden, even if it means a reduced crowd, locals only and only open to those who have been vaccinated.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Millennium Stadium isn't a hospital any more - Wales played Ireland in the Six Nations there the week before last.

Ah, fair enough. I've only watched Scotland's games in the Six Nations and assumed that Wales were still playing at Parc Y Scarlets.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I'm sure SG will move heaven and earth to keep Scotland's games at Hampden, even if it means a reduced crowd, locals only and only open to those who have been vaccinated.

The obvious issue there would be if UEFA opted for a single host nation. If that nation were England then arguing that Scotland be allowed to play at Hampden would be music to the ears of the proponents of a unified UK football team.

Just now, The Master said:

Ah, fair enough. I've only watched Scotland's games in the Six Nations and assumed that Wales were still playing at Parc Y Scarlets.

The obvious issue there would be if UEFA opted for a single host nation. If that nation were England then arguing that Scotland be allowed to play at Hampden would be music to the ears of the proponents of a unified UK football team.

We've had shared tournaments in Austria/Switzerland and Netherlands/Belgium, I don't think there would be any problems with Scotland/England. Even more so when Hampden was already a venue, Wembley was the main venue and it would be to allow the tournament to take place at a literally unprecedented time.

Not that it's relevant, but the World Cup after next will be shared by three countries, which I still find bizarre. 

If UEFA opt to move the Euros it will be to prevent the risks associated with international travel, rather than some sort of objection to a multi-country tournament in principle.

Having a Great Britain-wide tournament would still allow them to hold it on a single island where teams could be ferried around on buses or local charter flights without any major issues. I can't see why anyone would have a problem with that.

As a bonus, it would also let them have three qualified teams hosting their games in their own stadiums, which might boost attendances if they're allowed.

26 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Can see it being April at the earliest once the SG provide a more detailed info regarding easing restrictions.

I'm guaranteed tickets through the points system so hopefully they announce it soon. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-desperate-cheer-scotland-23557938?aa=l

Some small hope of getting to Wembley. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I'm guaranteed tickets through the points system so hopefully they announce it soon. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-desperate-cheer-scotland-23557938?aa=l

Some small hope of getting to Wembley. 

Likewise here although if there is a maximum of 10k allowed then it all depends on how tickets are allocated. I think it will be in their interest to get more into the game to have less about the city.

20 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Likewise here although if there is a maximum of 10k allowed then it all depends on how tickets are allocated. I think it will be in their interest to get more into the game to have less about the city.

That would be great but they may only offer tickets to locals to minimize travelling around the country.

I think the timing of this may be a few months too early. The EPL is talking about 25% of fans at the last game of the season and possibly still limits at the start of next season. They can't go full bung on the Euros in that scenario.

Hurry up with the vaccines!!!!

4 minutes ago, ahemps said:

That would be great but they may only offer tickets to locals to minimize travelling around the country.

I think the timing of this may be a few months too early. The EPL is talking about 25% of fans at the last game of the season and possibly still limits at the start of next season. They can't go full bung on the Euros in that scenario.

Hurry up with the vaccines!!!!

You're probably right and I wouldn't really argue with that. If it was only Scottish fans at Hampden I wouldn't complain.

Along as every Tom, Dick and Harry doesn't get a ticket ahead of those in the supporters club based on the points system.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How many tickets would we likely get if it's 10k at each game down South? A couple of thousand?

10,000 per game is the step 3 limit. Step 4 is expected to start on 21 June which would mean full stadiums, but you can bet your bottom dollar that a fudge would be done to allow larger crowds in the first 10 days of the tournament, for the home nations games at least. My guess is the UKG would designate them as "test events"

Just now, Donathan said:

10,000 per game is the step 3 limit. Step 4 is expected to start on 21 June which would mean full stadiums, but you can bet your bottom dollar that a fudge would be done to allow larger crowds in the first 10 days of the tournament, for the home nations games at least. My guess is the UKG would designate them as "test events"

IMG-20201113-WA0008.thumb.jpg.fccf66648ef8d4941ccb7b58efc1b0e2.jpg

Me irl watching us draw 0-0 with the Czechs at the Stadium of Light