Euro 2020 tickets

8 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
On 16/11/2020 at 18:21, AndyDD said:
I managed to be lucky enough to get tickets for Hampden already, but unlucky enough that it's Czechs V Croatia. 
I'm sat on 20 points in SSC, though, so I should be right in line to get any tickets going. 
^SSC Points-w**k, who'd ever have thought it. 

See, I also have a ticket for that game and am worried that it will stop me getting a Wembley ticket if they're all sold through the uefa platform as I already have a ticket for a game that day.

I know people who put multiple applications into UEFA by slightly changing the spelling or initials of their name, maybe worth a go. Though if you have SFA qualifying points they probably treat that route separately, so hopefully you'll be ok.

• 1 month later...

They also have changed the terms and conditions today with the mention of cancellation of tickets where games are played with reduced capacity or matches behind closed doors. I guess they need to do that now.

https://support.tickets-euro2020.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018894819-Changes-to-the-Terms-Conditions-Refund-Policy-and-Privacy-Notification

• Reduction of stadium capacity: the Refund Policy now covers situations in which a reduction of stadium capacity may occur, after the sales of tickets have taken place. If UEFA notifies the ticket buyer that their tickets are not valid following a reduction of stadium capacity, the ticket buyer will receive a refund of an amount equal to the face value of the ticket(s).

• Match played behind closed doors: the Refund Policy now covers situations in which a match may be played behind closed doors (i.e.: spectators are not permitted to attend the match), after the sales of tickets have taken place. If UEFA notifies the ticket buyer that their tickets are not valid due to the match being played behind closed doors, the ticket buyer will receive a refund of an amount equal to the face value of the ticket(s).  

2 hours ago, Latino Lover said:

Looks a bit sneaky some of the t and c’s about change of venue due to covid. I’m unable to go to bilbao now so asked for Refund for those. Still got tickets for all Czech games bizarrely and the last 16 at hampden.

Can you refund only some of the tickets if you have been successful for more than one match? 

Eta Just checked and you can. Delighted with that. Returned my tickets for czech/croatia. They were 125 euros each FFS. That'll pay for going to London instead that weekend assuming travel is allowed by then.  

Edited by CountyFan

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

Can you refund only some of the tickets if you have been successful for more than one match? 

Eta Just checked and you can. Delighted with that. Returned my tickets for czech/croatia. They were 125 euros each FFS. That'll pay for going to London instead that weekend assuming travel is allowed by then.  

I’m at that game and booked digs as close to hampden as possible so I can watch england Scotland afterwards as I’m guessing pubs will be rammed  and it will be a huge rush to catch ko after going to earlier game, also my accent may not go down great in the pubs. 

2 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

What is this 'pubs'? I am unfamiliar with the term. 

Seriously considering jacking the whole lot, Scotland tickets and all. Over a grand I'm due and I just cant see it going ahead in the current format. 

Stick in there, at least with your Scotland tickets. If you end up sitting at home while we're in the stadium watching Scotland beat Croatia, well, there's not enough alcohol in the world to drown that regret.

12 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Stick in there, at least with your Scotland tickets. If you end up sitting at home while we're in the stadium watching Scotland beat Croatia, well, there's not enough alcohol in the world to drown that regret.

Very fair point. However, I will be absolutely seething if UEFA move the games to e.g. Russia and declare my ticket valid, thus rendering me ineligible for a refund. That's what they've given themselves the right to do with the Ts and Cs update today. Pathetic. 

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Very fair point. However, I will be absolutely seething if UEFA move the games to e.g. Russia and declare my ticket valid, thus rendering me ineligible for a refund. That's what they've given themselves the right to do with the Ts and Cs update today. Pathetic. 

Haven't found that, pretty sure you'd get a refund for the ticket but they wouldn't be liable for hotel or travel expenses etc.

P.S. WTF! A pandemic is definitely within the bounds of Force Majeure. Cheeky c***s, I think they must be trying to reduce the numbers.

Change of Venue
For the purposes of this refund policy, a “change of venue” shall occur if the Match is, for any reason,
re-scheduled by UEFA to an alternative stadium compared to the scheduled venue at the time of
purchase of the Ticket (whether such alternative stadium is located within the same host country or a
new host country).
If UEFA notifies the Successful Applicant that their Ticket(s) is not valid for the re-scheduled venue for
the Match (e.g., due to limitations of the replacement stadium), UEFA shall not have any liability to the
Successful Applicant but shall issue the Successful Applicant with a refund of an amount equal to the
face value of the Ticket(s).
If UEFA notifies the Successful Applicant that their Ticket(s) is valid for the re-scheduled venue for the
Match then where the change of venue was made for:
(a) any reason of Force Majeure, no refunds shall be made
; or
(b) any reason other than Force Majeure, the Successful Applicant shall be entitled to cancel their
Ticket(s) and request a refund equal to the amount of the face value of the Ticket(s) if the
Successful Applicant is unable, or opts not, to attend the rearranged playing of the Match.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/Ticketing/02/58/34/35/2583435_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Edited by welshbairn

It’s seems a strange rule, if Covid is still bad enough for stadiums to need to be shut in a country, then it’s likely travel will still be banned as well. It may not be legally possible to travel to another country for the game so UEFA would have trouble applying that decision.

I have 2 x €50 tickets for Czech Rep vs Croatia and Scotland vs Croatia and I'm just going to hang onto them in the hope they are still happening at Hampden. I'll be seething if I can't get a refund because UEFA decide to shift the games to Kaliningrad or some other shithole 3000 miles away.

The Croatia Czech game is a 5ko so I'd want most of the day free for our game anyway so happy to get my money back for that. Was also concerned having it may complicate me trying to get a Wembley ticket but that's now definitely not going to be an issue.

I managed to get the 50 quid tickets for all four hampden games so happy enough to take the risk on them getting moved and me listing out on £150.

50 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I have 2 x €50 tickets for Czech Rep vs Croatia and Scotland vs Croatia and I'm just going to hang onto them in the hope they are still happening at Hampden. I'll be seething if I can't get a refund because UEFA decide to shift the games to Kaliningrad or some other shithole 3000 miles away.

I cannot speak for Kaliningrad but in 2018 we went to most of the other Russia 2018 cities during the World Cup and i'm sure most fans who were at that World Cup would actually refer to Hampden and the football infrastructure as a "shithole" and have some justification in that statement. 

I agree if you cannot travel to games in Russia its not correct and refunds should be offered if the games are moved from the original venue (Even from Scotland to having all the games in England)

I wonder how long they'll give themselves to make a decision either way.  It looked hopeful towards the end of last year, but the events of December mean that it's looking decreasingly likely the Euros will happen "as normal" from our perspective.  I expect it'll still happen, but any option on the table seems more likely than it being hosted all over Europe with full stadiums.  

But how long can you leave that decision?  It's not like there's magically going to be this turning point.  It's basically whether or not the current vaccine plans in country make it seem realistic, and - although I can't speak for other countries - it looks like we'll be nowhere near.  By time the tournament comes around, it looks like we'll be done with at risk people, but what percentage of those would likely have been sitting in Hampden for our first game?  Hopefully their idea of making a decision isn't what it seems like now - shutter up the ticket office and hope no-one complains.