Euro 2020 tickets

8 hours ago, forameus said:

Absolutely delighted for those that took the chance of having to watch Serbia vs Croatia/Czech Republic in the hope that we'd be there.  It would've looked like we stood little chance, and now you'll be watching us at a tournament.  

I mean, I fucking hate youz too, but you're some bois x

I would still be a bit concerned.

I can't see any way Hampden will have a 52,000 capacity in June. Half - 26K - is more realistic or possibly they may only allow every third seat to be occupied which would be around 17,000.

This would either require reallocation of already purchased seats or cancelation of some or all tickets.

It would be fair I suppose to give previous purchasers priority in a second sale.

There was a woman on Radio Scotland this morning who was delighted she had four seats for the Czech game but she may find two cancelled although its possible if they are from the same household they might still be allowed to sit together.
I also hear that down south they are seriously considering allowing entry for league matches this season only to those who can prove they have had the vaccine.

I would suspect UEFA would follow a similar line and of course if you are a healthy twenty year old you will be well down the list  and the chance of you getting it before June must be low,

I'd be well wary given that the tickets haven't been issued, many haven't yet been sold and they're supposed to be non-transferable. Sign up with UEFA and be ready to jump when sales go online. Category 1 are most expensive, Category 3 are behind the goals.
Sorry but are the category seats for neutrals? And what's the chances of this going on general sale for TA members as I have a membership but no points as not been to a game since I opened the account again.

11 minutes ago, Empty It said:
14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
I'd be well wary given that the tickets haven't been issued, many haven't yet been sold and they're supposed to be non-transferable. Sign up with UEFA and be ready to jump when sales go online. Category 1 are most expensive, Category 3 are behind the goals.

Sorry but are the category seats for neutrals? And what's the chances of this going on general sale for TA members as I have a membership but no points as not been to a game since I opened the account again.

I'd have thought the categories would apply to SFA tickets as well as people applying directly to UEFA, if that's what you mean by neutrals. No idea about the TA membership bit, I gave up on that route years ago.

Edited by welshbairn

Has anyone been able to go onto the UEFA site and look at the games you have tickets for. I got tickets for the Czech Rep and Croatia games back in the original sale but can't see anywhere once logged in that actually lists this on the ticketing site. Bit concerning. 

Annoyed that I didn’t renew my membership for the last qualifying campaign, no chance of getting tickets now. Went on the supporters club website this morning and it was an hours wait to get access for most of the morning, a lot of people will be annoyed when they find out Czech Republic and Croatia technically aren't home games for us.

Edited by IainMorton

I’ve got 10 points the now what’s likely to be the cut off to get tickets for the hampden games. I would think with Wembley being 86000 most of travel club would be able to get tickets?
According to The Times:

Uefa's allocation for European Championship group games permits the visiting team 16 per cent of the tickets, with the English FA having had 19 per cent...

For Hampden, five points will guarantee you a ticket and four should be OK. Wembley will be 3+ points to guarantee you and 2 points for around a 50/50 chance.

That's providing a) stadiums can be full and b) my maths isn't a disaster. Neither are a sure thing.

10 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

According to the website 10 points puts you between 3312 and 3805 on the list of members.

I’ve got 11 points. I’ll just be happy with getting the Hampden games and hopefully get down to London for the party. 

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

Has anyone been able to go onto the UEFA site and look at the games you have tickets for. I got tickets for the Czech Rep and Croatia games back in the original sale but can't see anywhere once logged in that actually lists this on the ticketing site. Bit concerning. 

Found my tickets here by clicking on "Create account", although I already have one. Then click on "order history".

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/ticketing/#/

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

Looking at 3rd party sellers online for the Wembley game (I know I know) what end are Scotland in and anyone found any decent websites selling tickets online? willing to pay through the nose for this.

And could some explain the category 1, 2 and 3 tickets I presume these are intended for neutrals?

Cat 3 - Behind either goal

Cat 2 - Any of the 4 corner sections

Cat 1 - North or South Stands

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Found my tickets here by clicking on "Create account", although I already have one. Then click on "order history".

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/ticketing/#/

Have since found them! Cheers though. Was beginning to think I'd dreamt the whole thing up, but can confirm I'm off to watch Scotland in a finals! Ya fucking DANCER! 

3 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

I’ve got 10 points the now what’s likely to be the cut off to get tickets for the hampden games. I would think with Wembley being 86000 most of travel club would be able to get tickets?

Guy on tartan army page on facebook seemed to think 6 points for hampden and 4 points for Wembley providing a full capacity. I’ve got 7 so that’d be decent, mrs only has 5 tho 😬

Seen so many folk already booking flights and accommodation for Wembley . I just hope the world is in a position for this to go ahead with fans. 

I thought I read we'd get a 25,000 allocation and there are 24,000 supporters club members, not all of whom would go. Don't know how it's likely to work out.

Regretting not buying Hampden tickets in pre-sale but it didn't look likely and it would have been a lot of money to go and watch the likes of Czech Republic against Serbia.

The ticket categories, as some have already mentioned, are purely down to cost. Category 1 tickets are the most expensive (usually in the central part of the main stands). Category 2 are usually near the corner flag area and category 3 behind the goals or the seats with the poorer view (which is less of a factor in most of the big grounds nowadays).

The ticket application opened from about last March onwards if I remember correctly. Like most UEFA tournaments. You normally have to buy them before you know who will be playing in the matches and often a year in advance. Although for this tournament you knew which games the host nations would be involved in at the group stage if they qualified, more so as the qualifying progressed.

Again, like some have mentioned. The 'home' team have approx 19% of the tickets and the away team approx 16%. I think Scotland are the home team for the Czech game and the away team for the Croatia game (and also the England game). If Scotland win the group, the round of 16 game will be in Dublin. If they are second, the game will be in Copenhagen (capacity of only 38,000). If they are third and one of the four best third place teams, the game might be at Hampden on June 29th. Depends on position in list of best third place teams. If they were at Hampden for this, they would likely be up against Spain.

All the standard neutral tickets, bar possibly a small quantity (some which have been returned) are sold. There may be a small number of standard tickets on sale early next year on the UEFA portal, as anyone deciding to cancel their tickets due to the uncertainty of the games being played when they were supposed to be had until June this year to do so. Although, from experience, when a game is in Scotland or involves Scotland or a Scottish club side, the neutral tickets for these games are usually the hardest tickets to get hold off, so I wouldn't bet on many tickets being returned. We seem more determined than any other nationality to go irrespective of who might be playing. 

The only tickets still to be sold/allocated are what's left of the hospitality tickets and of course the home and away fans allocation. I would guess that the SFA will offer the fan allocation to those with the most points in the official supporters club. So, if you are in it and have a reasonable amount of points, you will be more or less guaranteed the option to buy a ticket. There will actually be more chance of a ticket for the Wembley game than the Hampden games because of the capacity.

If you desperately want tickets for the England v Scotland game and you are loaded, you can buy them right now (although I suspect these will be gone in a day or so, maybe longer), as UEFA are still selling the hospitality tickets. This is unusual. Normally they would be all sold out quickly. All the Hampden and Copenhagen hospitality tickets are already sold out, but almost every other game is still available, including all the Wembley games. The cheaper hospitality tickets for England v Scotland are sold out, but there are still lots available at 1500 and 1900 euro's a ticket, plus vat. For the 1500 option, you can buy 1 ticket. For the 1900 option, you have to buy all 12 tickets! They are in a private box with food and drink included. If you have the money, you can guarantee yourself some tickets.

The venue ticket option is also still available. This ranges from 800 euro's upwards, plus vat, per game. The 'cheap' option is 4 games. England's 3 group games, plus the round of 16 game at Wembley. You can buy from 1 person upwards (so 3600 euro's plus vat each). There are a range of other options for first 4 Wembley games, or just 2 semi's and final, or for all 7 games. These cost all the way up to 23200 euro's a person! The latter one gets you tickets for all the Wembley games, but you have to buy for 2 people. For some options you can buy for 1 person. There are various private box ticket options for first 4 Wembley games (8, 12 or 20 people), or the knockout games, or all 7 Wembley games. Pricing depends on where the seats are located in the ground.

Also, accommodation is reasonably priced just now in Central London for the game next June. Premier Inn is around £100 for a double/twin room and you can slum it for around about £30, but I wouldn't advise it. If you can afford these tickets though, I doubt you would need to slum it.

Edited by PELE

8 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This was really my point. I can’t see them possibly taking the chance and just hoping it’ll be fine as is, because it would be some turnaround from where we are/have been for 9 months to be mixing with hundreds of thousands of others in full stadiums across multiple cities in Europe. I just can’t see it.

For me it’s either got to be moved to one country where it should in theory be easier to control, or be behind closed doors, regardless of whether there is a vaccine or not. I think people are being very optimistic in thinking a vaccine will be rolled out globally and work well enough to revert the planet back to normal in just 7 months. 

They might just issue refunds to the traveling support and sell these tickets to fans in the host country. Then it is only the squad players who travel, as they do now anyway, like for recent games. That would be the easiest option. 

11 hours ago, PELE said:

All the standard neutral tickets, bar possibly a small quantity (some which have been returned) are sold.

You might be right for Hampden and Wembley, but I've had the impression anecdotally that a load of people returned their tickets when it was postponed, and expect there to be a sizeable ticket lottery session early Spring if UEFA are confident they'll have procedures sorted for it to go ahead. If someone's prepared to gamble I'd be looking for Bilbao and Budapest for R16 as well as Hampden. Both are possible and they should be easy to sell on through UEFA's resale hub.