Euro 2020 tickets

Guest DAVIDB69
Good i will be getting my refund. Hard to see how this euros qualifiers and tournament will ever get played. 

Could see the whole tournament being moved to Germany would be one way although I appreciate they have it in 2024 though

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/uefa-chief-issues-update-euros-22041031

There are concerns with three cities hosting , would assume Glasgow being one of them .

They are saying they will scale back hosting cities if issues can’t be resolved
I thought Glasgow confirmed it can still host a few weeks ago?

Bilbao, Rome and Copenhagen were all rumoured to be uncertainties. Copenhagen seem to have gotten their issues with the Tour de France sorted.

Guest DAVIDB69
I thought Glasgow confirmed it can still host a few weeks ago?

Bilbao, Rome and Copenhagen were all rumoured to be uncertainties. Copenhagen seem to have gotten their issues with the Tour de France sorted.

Be delighted if we have confirmed we can host but I don’t recall any announcement there was a deadline about a fortnight again from memory.

I don’t see why Glasgow would be one of the host cities to be in doubt. It’s hardly like we’re overrun with Covid atm let alone in over a year from now. When the tournament was first put back a year, a few media outlets were saying Glasgow might get handed MORE games. Personally I’d find it sad if Hampden didn’t get to host games, I was looking forward to going to all the games there 

Be delighted if we have confirmed we can host but I don’t recall any announcement there was a deadline about a fortnight again from memory.
I was sure I saw it on a news site a few weeks ago. Must be just imagining it.
It seems likely to be confirmed at some point anyway as everyone involved seems to want it to stay in Glasgow.

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

I was sure I saw it on a news site a few weeks ago. Must be just imagining it.
It seems likely to be confirmed at some point anyway as everyone involved seems to want it to stay in Glasgow.

The SFA put out a statement saying "That were close to an agreement to host the games" about 5 days before the deadline and then there has been no news at all.

I have tickets for games at Hampden and have had e-mails from UEFA asking if I wanted to cancel but I assumed this was being sent to all venues. 

3 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

The SFA put out a statement saying "That were close to an agreement to host the games" about 5 days before the deadline and then there has been no news at all.

I have tickets for games at Hampden and have had e-mails from UEFA asking if I wanted to cancel but I assumed this was being sent to all venues. 

Yeah, the emails apply to all venue tickets, I'm holding on till they confirm the new schedule.

P.S. Glasgow's confirmed according to this.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hampden-line-euro-2020-boost-22042821

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If the dates work out this might end up saving me a fortune compared to what I'd paid out and got refunded for flights and accommodation for this year.

How's that? Here's the new schedule.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/EURO/02/64/21/93/2642193_DOWNLOAD.pdf

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I left it late to book flights and accommodation in case I picked up other tickets on the portal when folk sold off some of their tickets. Flights for next year are far cheaper from me than what I paid for this year as are hotels so it being in 2021 works out well for me.