Euro 2020 tickets

Exactly this.
Would think that the airline industry generally, but especially the budget sector, will take a sever rinsing as a result of this.
International air travel will become considerably more expensive as a result of this.
New cheapo airlines (probably lots of them owned by the same rich p***ks) will pop up and buy the planes and start running the routes.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Barring any clashes with anything else, I wouldn't be surprised to see the entire fixture calendar just lifted and dropped into those dates. In other words, go back a day and change the year to 2021.

They'll need to work out what to do with World Cup Qualifiers too.  Presume they'll have two dates planned for the Summer given the Nations League takes over the Autumn dates.   Guess they could can the latter, as the alternative would be trying to fit in 3 games in some of their "weeks of football" at a time where most clubs are probably still going to be wandering around in a bit of a daze.

6 minutes ago, forameus said:

They'll need to work out what to do with World Cup Qualifiers too.  Presume they'll have two dates planned for the Summer given the Nations League takes over the Autumn dates.   Guess they could can the latter, as the alternative would be trying to fit in 3 games in some of their "weeks of football" at a time where most clubs are probably still going to be wandering around in a bit of a daze.

They may well shorten the Nations League to three matches rather than six and squeeze those summer qualifiers into the November dates.

Edited by craigkillie

• 1 month later...

What did everyone make of the e-mail from Uefa last week.

I had assumed the dates and fixtures would just move over.

Could they be looking at a different format or different host cities?

Currently, the match schedule of the 2021 tournament is still being finalised. However, we understand you are eager to know the next steps relating to your tickets. Consequently, we have prepared some FAQs to provide you with some further information. 

Will my existing tickets be valid for the 2021 tournament? 

Our intention is that, where possible, your existing tickets will remain valid for the 2021 tournament. However, before we can confirm whether your existing tickets are valid or not, the 2021 match schedule needs to be finalised.

19 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

What did everyone make of the e-mail from Uefa last week.

I had assumed the dates and fixtures would just move over.

Could they be looking at a different format or different host cities?

Think the plan was just to move them a year, it was all supposed to be done a week ago. Must have had some comeback from participating venues, Bilbao and Rome were rumoured to have doubts. Might be having second thoughts too about the multi nation format too with mass movement maybe still being problematic next summer. 

50 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Could they also be looking at shifting it a month or so later to give a bit more breathing room for the completion of the 2020/21 season?

Would that then clash with the Olympics.

Is there not some sort of agreement with football being one of the events not to have clashes, hence the women's Euros being moved to 2022 (As well as the fact the qualifying will never have finished before the 2021 event at this rate)

The Olympics is an U23 competition for men (now U24 since the tournament is a year later), and France, Germany, Italy and Romania are the only European competitors, so there's probably little overlap of players. The women's event is different because it's for players of any age and generally takes on much more significance in women's football.

They may have an agreement not to clash, but chances are agreements are going to have to be loosened or breached regardless of what happens.

I hate going into the doom and gloom that a lot of people seem to revel in nowadays, but I have my doubts it'll even go ahead.  This coming season looks like it'll not start on time, and I'd expect International football to be quite far down the list of priorities, particularly for the Euros and not the World Cup.  Could well be they just can it completely.

If they are to run it, I think it'd be much more sensible to pick a host and stick to it.  I never really disliked the idea of multiple hosts, but a year after something like this, it seems like less of a good idea.  But then who would want to host in those circumstances?  You're replacing people jetting all over Europe for EVERYONE jetting into one country.  Then everyone comes home again.  

But at the end of the day, we've just no idea.  People with all the data and all the qualifications don't either.  This time next year, we could be looking at everyone - or at least enough - having it to render it relatively harmless.  We could, by some miracle have a vaccine just about ready.  Or it could have mutated, or still be moving around at its current virulence.  We just don't know, and that's fucking shit.

I hate going into the doom and gloom that a lot of people seem to revel in nowadays, but I have my doubts it'll even go ahead.  This coming season looks like it'll not start on time, and I'd expect International football to be quite far down the list of priorities, particularly for the Euros and not the World Cup.  Could well be they just can it completely.
If they are to run it, I think it'd be much more sensible to pick a host and stick to it.  I never really disliked the idea of multiple hosts, but a year after something like this, it seems like less of a good idea.  But then who would want to host in those circumstances?  You're replacing people jetting all over Europe for EVERYONE jetting into one country.  Then everyone comes home again.  
But at the end of the day, we've just no idea.  People with all the data and all the qualifications don't either.  This time next year, we could be looking at everyone - or at least enough - having it to render it relatively harmless.  We could, by some miracle have a vaccine just about ready.  Or it could have mutated, or still be moving around at its current virulence.  We just don't know, and that's fucking shit.
UEFA are still in the denial phase.I don't see them give up on any of their tournaments any time soon. Think they're still trying to get the NL to go ahead judging from the talk of three game international breaks at the end of the year.
FIFA seem to have their head screwed on more firmly and don't see international football until March at the earliest.
Like you said, it's impossible to predict.
We don't even know the effect it has on professional athletes yet either. I was reading a story this morning about a new article in a medical journal saying as athletes tend to have more respiratory issues than the general population we have to be careful when resuming sport/high intensity training.

Do they actually have more respiratory issues, or is this all down to dopers pretending to have asthma so they can take PEDs?
Likely true in some sports but from what I've read in the past week there does seem to be evidence that intense exercise leads to lowering of the immune system.

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

The Irish government commits to hosting by the deadline

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0430/1135917-government-commits-to-host-euro-2020-next-summer/

Hopefully we get some sort of announcement today.

Copenhagen got an extension till 8th May to decide, not sure about the others, so we'll have to wait a bit longer.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/19692/11981226/euro-2020-denmark-football-union-reaches-uefa-extension-over-host-city-copenhagen

Guest DAVIDB69

Did we agree to host next summer or has nothing happened and we have dropped out. Whenever next season starts can see it being paused to get the euros completed, for teams with any players involved.

Guest DAVIDB69

I wonder if the announcement from the Netherlands today means that’s Amsterdam out of the hosting equation