Euro 2020 tickets

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 18:06, Neilly said:

I've applied for Hampden and some other random shite like Amsterdam and Budapest.

I am assuming the applications will be broken down and each individual day you have applied for will be taken on it's own merit? As if it is just one big mad application I will be due 2 grand off the bat before I have arranged travel from Amsterdam to Budapest for the next day.:lol:

I was having a look at this the other day. Once your application comes through with the ballot results, you have to take everything you have been allocated. You can't pick and choose - its take them all or leave them all.

from the FAQs

Do I have to buy all the tickets that I apply for?

If you are successful in the lottery, you will have to pay for all the tickets that are allocated to you – i.e. you will not be able to remove certain tickets or matches from your order. If you decide not to proceed with payment, the entire application will be cancelled.

I was going to apply for a few games, but to be honest, the prices are ridiculous, and as far as I'm concerned not worth paying if Scotland don't qualify - I'll wait and see if we qualify, and just apply through the Scotland Supporters Club for an official allocation ticket if and when they are available. Assuming they'll do it through the points system as they do for all away games.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:12, RobbieD said:

Applied for one Hampden and 3 Wembley group games. Assuming if we qualify, we’ll play England at wembley

that's not a given - I believe if we qualify as well, it comes down to the toss of a coin - and we could end up with all 3 games at Hampden, with an official allocation of only 6-8,000 tickets!

Scary thing is speaking to a lot of Scotland fans, many still don't realise its not a home game, and many think they'll just get tickets in the normal manner.

that's not a given - I believe if we qualify as well, it comes down to the toss of a coin - and we could end up with all 3 games at Hampden, with an official allocation of only 6-8,000 tickets!
Scary thing is speaking to a lot of Scotland fans, many still don't realise its not a home game, and many think they'll just get tickets in the normal manner.

How many members does the travel club have? If successful would going to all the home games be enough points wise to get a ticket?

How many members does the travel club have? If successful would going to all the home games be enough points wise to get a ticket?
If they went on sale tomorrow with an allocation of 8,000 then everyone with 5+ points would get a ticket and around half of those on four would. That's assuming everyone in that bracket bought a ticket, which I'd imagine would be very close to being true given the gap since we last qualified.
The numbers will probably change slightly as we still have at least five more home games between now and Euro 2020.

I applied for two cheapskate 50€ tickets for the Friday group stage game at Hampden. Thought process goes, ‘buy the cheap tickets, then just move into an unsold seat in a better area.’ Could happen.

I was going to apply for tickets for the Final in London, but they seem a bit pricey so I decided not to bother.

I was having a look at this the other day. Once your application comes through with the ballot results, you have to take everything you have been allocated. You can't pick and choose - its take them all or leave them all.

from the FAQs

Do I have to buy all the tickets that I apply for?

If you are successful in the lottery, you will have to pay for all the tickets that are allocated to you – i.e. you will not be able to remove certain tickets or matches from your order. If you decide not to proceed with payment, the entire application will be cancelled.

That’s true but there will be an opportunity for you to sell your unwanted tickets (at cost price) through a UEFA resale site which will open March next year. Bit of a pisser that you’ll be out of pocket for a few months but at least you’ll be able to get it back later on.

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 15:07, skippy2015 said:

approx. 24k in the Scotland Supporters Club at present. At present you'd need about 5 or 6 points assuming an allocation of 7 or 8,000  but I'd expect that to jump up to around 10 points. - at the moment only 6 games on the Home Points list, so all 4 will be added. You'd also have the home playoff semi final which should be popular, and then the playoff final which could be home or away..... by that point, the poorly attended friendlies v Costa Rica and Belgium will have dropped off.

Away games could also change it slightly as the last 2 1 point away games (Lithuania and Slovenia) coming off and being replaced by away games which now carry 2 points. Russia won't change the points much, as we'll only take around 1,000 but Cyprus will be popular potentially for new away travellers, or those that don't travel regularly, and could be around similar numbers to San Marino - 2,500-3,000

Those talking about qualifiers receiving an allocation of 6,000 to 8,000 tickets are assuming all would be allocated to SSC members? Almost certainly a solid proportion would be hived off to SFA officials and sponsors, member clubs, national associations/leagues and so on.

Having had experience of applying for Olympic, Commonwealth Games and European Championship, World Athletics tickets etc. over recent years it seems to work differently each time around.

I'm correct that for this you cannot select a spread of pricebands (being allocated the cheapest available) and you must buy all tickets you win: but there will be facility to sell back unwanted tickets?

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Those talking about qualifiers receiving an allocation of 6,000 to 8,000 tickets are assuming all would be allocated to SSC members? Almost certainly a solid proportion would be hived off to SFA officials and sponsors, member clubs, national associations/leagues and so on.

Having had experience of applying for Olympic, Commonwealth Games and European Championship, World Athletics tickets etc. over recent years it seems to work differently each time around.

I'm correct that for this you cannot select a spread of pricebands (being allocated the cheapest available) and you must buy all tickets you win: but there will be facility to sell back unwanted tickets?

You get the choice of sticking to your ticket price or accepting a category next to it. ie. if your choice isn't available you accept one above or below. A Uefa regulated secondary market should be set up in March. You also can't apply for more than one match on the same day.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You get the choice of sticking to your ticket price or accepting a category next to it. ie. if your choice isn't available you accept one above or below. A Uefa regulated secondary market should be set up in March. You also can't apply for more than one match on the same day.

Thanks.

Application-wide, or can you do that game-by-game... i.e. nominate 1 game to go "up bracket" as an insurance policy?

Can you have it activate only if otherwise totally unsuccessful?

Does selecting it affect your chances in "cheap seats" ballot?

17 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Thanks.

Application-wide, or can you do that game-by-game... i.e. nominate 1 game to go "up bracket" as an insurance policy?

Can you have it activate only if otherwise totally unsuccessful?

Does selecting it affect your chances in "cheap seats" ballot?

You just get a box to tick at the end of your whole application. If you go for a "cheap" seat the only difference is that you can't get offered a cheaper one. I went for mid priced tickets and ticked the flexible box because the dates and venues are perfect for me, so want to make it as certain as I can. No intention or wish to go to Qatar so prepared to blow a bit on this one.

Edited by welshbairn

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Under the UEFA rules and procedures for the Euros (both qualifiers and finals) each home nation have to get an allocation for supporters, and another allocation of VIP tickets - these are the ones which are normally given to players/sponsors/commercial partners.

I'm defo not applying - will get one through the points system if we do qualify - no real interest going if we don't qualify.
Pretty much where I'm at. I think I'll be fine with the points system, I have about 13 now. Depends how many tickets we get allocated I suppose. Knowing UEFA it'll be about 3000 per team.