Euro 2020 tickets

4 hours ago, ropy said:

Just realised Monday will be the first time ever that I have worn my glasses with a face mask.  Have people solved the steaming up issue?

Presumably contacts aren't an option?

A dab of washing up liquid (applied via fingertip, i.e. put the washing up liquid on your fingertip first) rubbed in on both sides of each lens, then wiped off with kitchen roll. That does the trick for me. Lasts a good few hours too. Give a try over the weekend.

If possible, have the flexible metal/plastic bit of the mask (if you are wearing the kind that has that) moulded tight to your nose. Also, have the bridge of your glasses over the mask if you can (will depend on type of mask and glasses though).

Edited by DA Baracus

A dab of washing up liquid (applied via fingertip, i.e. put the washing up liquid on your fingertip first) rubbed in on both sides of each lens

Washing up liquid inside contact lens, that may sting a little.

29 minutes ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

I bought my ticket from a third party site. I've received it, so no issues with that but are you saying that it will be classed as "Neutral"?

What does that mean in terms of wearing my Scotland colours, etc? Will that be allowed? Will I be somewhere with a mixture of Scotland and Czech fans?

You'll must likely be in the middle of the Merkinch Czech Ultras, what you wear is up to you.

3 hours ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

Just spent a crazy amount on a CAT 1 ticket and I'm not even sorry! 

What is the best way to get there? Driving I'd imagine is a no-go since you probably won't get closer than an hour's walk I'm guessing.

How is everyone else getting there?

As well as Scotland games I’ve been lucky enough to go to various cup finals at Hampden including the champions league and europa league finals not to forget Olympic football and the commonwealth games, never parked more than a 25-30 min walk away.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A dab of washing up liquid (applied via fingertip, i.e. put the washing up liquid on your fingertip first) rubbed in on both sides of each lens, then wiped off with kitchen roll. That does the trick for me. Lasts a good few hours too. Give a try over the weekend.

If possible, have the flexible metal/plastic bit of the mask (if you are wearing the kind that has that) moulded tight to your nose. Also, have the bridge of your glasses over the mask if you can (will depend on type of mask and glasses though).

Just my luck to get huckled out the stadium for smuggling in fairy liquid.

1 minute ago, Ton_1874 said:

As well as Scotland games I’ve been lucky enough to go to various cup finals at Hampden including the champions league and europa league finals not to forget Olympic football and the commonwealth games, never parked more than a 25-30 min walk away.

I don't mind even a half hour walk but just unsure of where is best to park, in terms of which street to make it easiest. Any suggestions man?

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

Just my luck to get huckled out the stadium for smuggling in fairy liquid.

Fire it in to a hand gel bottle!

I've tried hand gel for this and it isn't very effective. Washing up liquid is the stuff you need.

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Is it one rule for football and one for rule for cricket? If you switch on BBC2 just now you will see most of the crowd sitting side by side in packed stands at the England v New Zealand test match. No distancing in most areas, not a mask in site and a lot of them swigging lager.

Ignore the paranoia.

It's a trial event at 70% capacity. You must have a negative PCR test to get entry, and you must have a home test after the event. There's an app that every is requested to use, it'll show who's been in contact with who, a heat map of how busy areas in and around the ground are also shows things like how busy the queues are for food and the loos. There will be observers all round the ground and they'll be studying it carefully.

That's an option for a one-off event but I don't think they could have picked out one European Championship match for a trial.

13 minutes ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

I don't mind even a half hour walk but just unsure of where is best to park, in terms of which street to make it easiest. Any suggestions man?

Really depend on your entrance, we usually park around millbrae road, which is at the west end of the ground, if you’ve to go in the east side it’s a bit more complicated.

menock road is decent for the east end. If

also depends on what time you’ve to be there, my tickets are the 2-5 - 3 hrs before the game and it is only 1/4 full so should be ok.

Edited by Ton_1874

6 minutes ago, Ton_1874 said:

Really depend on your entrance, we usually park around millbrae road, which is at the west end of the ground, if you’ve to go in the east side it’s a bit more complicated.

menock road is decent for the east end. If

also depends on what time you’ve to be there, my tickets are the 2-5 - 3 hrs before the game and it is only 1/4 full so should be ok.

Yeah, I'm 11:00-11:30 as well unfortunately.

I'm entrance A according to the ticket, so what parking would be best for that would you think?

Really appreciate the help offered with this, I never normally drive so really unsure of where is best so very grateful for any advice.

4 minutes ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

Yeah, I'm 11:00-11:30 as well unfortunately.

I'm entrance A according to the ticket, so what parking would be best for that would you think?

Really appreciate the help offered with this, I never normally drive so really unsure of where is best so very grateful for any advice.

Off the M74 at Polmadie (think it’s 1a) it’s then a straight road down to Hampden, there could be areas closer but we do tend to park around the Menock road area when going to that side so it’s straight passed Hampden, under the railway and either left or right, if you can park around there you then walk back in yourself, it’s about a mile walk to entrance A.

You the streets off to the sides before going under the railway are restricted so can’t park there on match days

22 minutes ago, Ton_1874 said:

Off the M74 at Polmadie (think it’s 1a) it’s then a straight road down to Hampden, there could be areas closer but we do tend to park around the Menock road area when going to that side so it’s straight passed Hampden, under the railway and either left or right, if you can park around there you then walk back in yourself, it’s about a mile walk to entrance A.

You the streets off to the sides before going under the railway are restricted so can’t park there on match days

I tend to park on Calder Street junction with Aitkenhead Road. No restrictions and should be a breeze with only 12,000 crowd. M74 to Polmadie junction turn left onto Polmadie Road then right at the lights on to Calder Street. Drive past the fire station and straight through the lights and park.

3 hours ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

I bought my ticket from a third party site. I've received it, so no issues with that but are you saying that it will be classed as "Neutral"?

What does that mean in terms of wearing my Scotland colours, etc? Will that be allowed? Will I be somewhere with a mixture of Scotland and Czech fans?

If you are in a neutral end, you can do as you please. Wear full Scotland gear and shout for Scotland etc. Nobody bothers. I have been to previous Euro's and been in neutral ends mixing with home and away fans.

There would have been an area for the Czech fans, but obviously most of them would have returned their tickets due to travel issues.

If it's from a third party site it could be in any section. At the end of the day, nobody really bothers. I doubt there will be more than a handful of Czech fans there anyway.