Euro 2020 tickets

ATAC attended a meeting with the various stakeholders for the Hampden games and their minutes are linked below. No kiosks to be open for food and drink but they'll give out free water. :lol:

https://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/2021/06/05/meeting-3-with-glasgow-host-city-stakeholders-03-06-2021/?fbclid=IwAR1tI_Wl-Z5AeZZzfiFJFTOxwoGHyUIBOVBFVSO7a0zLMKOJ7NcRe-JVi5A

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

ATAC attended a meeting with the various stakeholders for the Hampden games and their minutes are linked below. No kiosks to be open for food and drink but they'll give out free water. :lol:

https://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/2021/06/05/meeting-3-with-glasgow-host-city-stakeholders-03-06-2021/?fbclid=IwAR1tI_Wl-Z5AeZZzfiFJFTOxwoGHyUIBOVBFVSO7a0zLMKOJ7NcRe-JVi5A

That's absolutely ludicrous and, as the lad points out there, potentially dangerous for folk with certain medical conditions. As he rightly states, expecting fans to be in a ground for 5 hours with no food or drink (bet the bottles of water run out very quickly) is not acceptable.

"The reasons given for no food outlets was that socially distanced queuing could not be guaranteed"

This excuse is such nonsense. The majority of folk have been queuing socially distanced absolutely fine for over a year now! Just paint lines on the ground and get a steward or two to ensure social distancing is enforced when queuing.

They really need to sort this, and it isn't remotely hard to have the appropriate measures in place.

Edited by DA Baracus

On 30/05/2021 at 14:04, ChrisTel said:

Thanks for this. Sleeper was very good to deal with. Bought Croatia v Scotland tickets  in the original ballot but lost them due to the capacity changes. He has made a father and son very happy

I was still excited but very excited now!

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/euro-2020-ticket-exchange.2105606/page-12

Sleeper is preparing to put some more tickets for the Croatia game on the forum and has a cat 2 package available atm as far as I am aware . He is very well known and the two times I have bought tickets from now have went very smoothly. It was the poster Juan Mata on here that posted about Sleeper when I got my first tickets and his post is on page 75 I believe.

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's absolutely ludicrous and, as the lad points out there, potentially dangerous for folk with certain medical conditions. As he rightly states, expecting fans to be in a ground for 5 hours with no food or drink (bet the bottles of water run out very quickly) is not acceptable.

"The reasons given for no food outlets was that socially distanced queuing could not be guaranteed"

This excuse is such nonsense. The majority of folk have been queuing socially distanced absolutely fine for over a year now! Just paint lines on the ground and get a steward or two to ensure social distancing is enforced when queuing.

They really need to sort this, and it isn't remotely hard to have the appropriate measures in place.

It is clearly totally unacceptable to say you're not permitted to bring your own food or drink (except it apparently no longer extends to "a small snack")... and yet to also have none available inside (except for "free water")... nevermind in June, with masks being demanded, and with drawn-out arrival slots + kickoff times comfortably spanning lunch.

However merchandise will be available. Standing in line for T-shirts and browsing posters is evidently OK.

That government and organisers even came to a stakeholders meeting with such intentions betrays how out-of-touch with reality they are and in what contempt they seem to hold fans.

It would also heavily discourage people with early arrival slots to actually turn-up on time.

I looked into it when they announced you needed to get a lateral flow test at one of the testing centres for the FA Cup final and there was a load of places in London to get it done and some of them were walk in. Seemed fairly straightforward tbh, just a bit inconvenient.

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

No kiosks to be open for food and drink but they'll give out free water. :lol:

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That's absolutely ludicrous and, as the lad points out there, potentially dangerous for folk with certain medical conditions.

As he rightly states, expecting fans to be in a ground for 5 hours with no food or drink (bet the bottles of water run out very quickly) is not acceptable.

Just on this... in Scotland people arrested and taken into police custody are entitled to water as required, and food after 4 hours. They're literally wanting to treat fans worse than prisoners 😐.

51 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Found this out on Wednesday, ordered LFT from NHS website Thursday, delivered yesterday. Apparently you input your (negative) test result online and are furnished with proof of test and result.

For the test events at Wembley in the past month they didn't accept tests done at home,  you needed to get it done at a test centre.

Is it safe to buy a ticket for the opening Hampden game from a third party website?

Unfortunately it's a crazy price, but I'm happy to bite the bullet just to be there.

What I'm worried about is, with Covid restrictions have they put checks in place where the tickets are linked to a specific person and you need to show ID that matches their records for who bought the tickets, for example in order to gain entry?

Is it safe to buy a ticket for the opening Hampden game from a third party website?
Unfortunately it's a crazy price, but I'm happy to bite the bullet just to be there.
What I'm worried about is, with Covid restrictions have they put checks in place where the tickets are linked to a specific person and you need to show ID that matches their records for who bought the tickets, for example in order to gain entry?
Zero mention of that on the actual tickets themselves but it appears a further instruction email is scheduled to be issued to all ticket holders in the days before each game going by the meeting minutes posted earlier. We might look to sell our Czech v Croatia tickets if able to as going looks like it might dtop us seeing the England game anywhere.

See they're still attempting to pour cold water over the Fanzone plans, despite said Fanzone looking like its had the meat already built. Screens look to be mostly built, yet SG now saying "nah, huvnae decided yet, pal". I know this is difficult stuff and that things can change, but its gone beyond being cautious now.

And the news about no refreshments...Jesus christ. Is that UEFA or SG deciding? Like people have said, there'll be those with conditions, and I dare say some might end up a bit worse for wear, particularly if it ends up in hot weather. Great we all avoided covid from the drinks stand, but wee Tams now in hospital from dehydration. Then he caught covid anyway.

See they're still attempting to pour cold water over the Fanzone plans, despite said Fanzone looking like its had the meat already built. Screens look to be mostly built, yet SG now saying "nah, huvnae decided yet, pal". I know this is difficult stuff and that things can change, but its gone beyond being cautious now.
And the news about no refreshments...Jesus christ. Is that UEFA or SG deciding? Like people have said, there'll be those with conditions, and I dare say some might end up a bit worse for wear, particularly if it ends up in hot weather. Great we all avoided covid from the drinks stand, but wee Tams now in hospital from dehydration. Then he caught covid anyway.

They’re taking the absolute piss now with stuff like this, there’s been beer gardens open all over the country for weeks.