Euro 2020 tickets

Clicks on link to see some VL with 55 in their username whining about Rangers bring discriminated against.

Leaves satisfied.

3 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Superb news. Been holding out for this as both my brothers are under 18 and wanted to take them somewhere they could still be in amongst it for the England game. Fingers crossed I can get tickets now...

Clicks on link to see some VL with 55 in their username whining about Rangers bring discriminated against.

Leaves satisfied.

Probably because GCC and the SG know 6000 Scotland fans won’t run riot over the city and destroy George Square while knocking 7 shades of shite out each other [emoji23]

That link says available to book from Tuesday. Have downloaded the new Euro 2020 app and that still says "keep an eye out" on their "festival" section. Does anyone know what time they will be available tomorrow? 

Also I have followed the link from ticket confirmation email, and am now in a massive queue, similar to the original ballot where there is a red bar showing progress to being allowed into the portal. Am assuming everyone is just checking at once, but sitting like a clown watching it through FoMO on something! 

3 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Also I have followed the link from ticket confirmation email, and am now in a massive queue, similar to the original ballot where there is a red bar showing progress to being allowed into the portal. Am assuming everyone is just checking at once, but sitting like a clown watching it through FoMO on something! 

That's where I am. Taking ages to access unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Leaves satisfied.

Not to get drawn on a "Rangers have been wronged" type debate, but I genuinely think domestic football fans across the board have been unfairly treated.

We are seeing instances where only 500 fans are being allowed to attend a match tonight in Kilmarnock yet in less than 3 weeks time we will see up to 12,000 fans inside Hampden with an additional 6,000 allowed into a fan zone. It just simply doesn't make sense.

4 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Don't bother waiting, it just lists your  ticket and order numbers, but those were up last week, there isn't any useful new info that isn't in the Email

Is that the SSC one? Be amazed if there’s any left as there was less than 130 and they went on offer at 10am. Or is it directly through UEFA? Fingers crossed you get one.

No, the original UEFA ballot. Only left with 1 Croatia ticket after the refunds. And the email says "we are happy to inform you some of your tickets are still valid"....so I know it's ok. Just want to see it in black and white! 

Not to get drawn on a "Rangers have been wronged" type debate, but I genuinely think domestic football fans across the board have been unfairly treated.
We are seeing instances where only 500 fans are being allowed to attend a match tonight in Kilmarnock yet in less than 3 weeks time we will see up to 12,000 fans inside Hampden with an additional 6,000 allowed into a fan zone. It just simply doesn't make sense.

The attendances should have been a bit higher and it’s probably more UEFA that are driving the push for fans and a fan-zone rather than the SG who would probably reduce the numbers if they could as they’ve been very cautious about large gatherings.

Domestic fans haven’t helped their cause obviously Rangers fans have had a couple of high profile gatherings against the rules but not fair to just blame them as at the height of lockdown Celtic were gathering at Parkhead to demand Lennon’s resignation and I’m sure there’ll have been others at various clubs.

No, the original UEFA ballot. Only left with 1 Croatia ticket after the refunds. And the email says "we are happy to inform you some of your tickets are still valid"....so I know it's ok. Just want to see it in black and white! 

That’s good news then, I know the feeling I was only certain I’d got tickets when I saw the money go out my bank [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

The attendances should have been a bit higher and it’s probably more UEFA that are driving the push for fans and a fan-zone rather than the SG who would probably reduce the numbers if they could as they’ve been very cautious about large gatherings.

Domestic fans haven’t helped their cause obviously Rangers fans have had a couple of high profile gatherings against the rules but not fair to just blame them as at the height of lockdown Celtic were gathering at Parkhead to demand Lennon’s resignation and I’m sure there’ll have been others at various clubs.

Yeah, there's not a lot I can disagree with there. I think one of the issues I have is that we were essentially told that Hampden would not be able to host Euro matches if there were no fans allowed. All of a sudden we were then confirming 12,000 could attend with a "special dispensation" of reduced physical distancing which has not been replicated for domestic football.

I think this casts a bit of doubt on the whole cautious approach as it seems like they simply agreed to forego their own restrictions just because UEFA were threatening to withdraw Hampden as a host venue and no doubt the money that goes with it would vanish as well.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

It looks like some additional risks are being accepted because the alternative was Scotland losing the opportunity to play two European Championship matches on home turf. It could be the difference between us ever making it out of a group and not. There's no other sports thing going on in the country that comes close to that.

I'm surprised at the fan zone being confirmed with the amount of uncertainty just now due to rising infection in Glasgow and the Indian variant. They say it's 3,000 at a time and they'll be in allocated seating, but it's still a lot of people going for drinks and to the toilets simultaneously at half time. If the Covid situation isn't much better in Glasgow by then I wouldn't be surprised to see it scaled back or cancelled.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

It looks like some additional risks are being accepted because the alternative was Scotland losing the opportunity to play two European Championship matches on home turf. It could be the difference between us ever making it out of a group and not. There's no other sports thing going on in the country that comes close to that.

I'm surprised at the fan zone being confirmed with the amount of uncertainty just now due to rising infection in Glasgow and the Indian variant. They say it's 3,000 at a time and they'll be in allocated seating, but it's still a lot of people going for drinks and to the toilets simultaneously at half time. If the Covid situation isn't much better in Glasgow by then I wouldn't be surprised to see it scaled back or cancelled.

Yep, that's part of my point really. They seem content to allow fans in at Hampden because it suits certain needs, whether it be financial, home advantage or whatever really, which doesn't really add up with the messages of caution and firm stance on domestic football they've adopted on the grounds of health and safety. They can't claim it is unsafe to have substantial numbers of domestic fans attending matches while simultaneously making an exception for the Euro matches.