Euro 2020 tickets

We bought 'Category 2' tickets to both Scotland games at Hampden during original sales process. It's all getting a bit confusing and late now.

Can anyone answer these 2 queries:

Firstly - my relative who has the ticket account says they are showing as "Purchase" with "Ticket Allocated" beside. I read online that some people have seen theirs go to "To Be Refunded". So does this mean we've been lucky in the ballots for both ties - or does it mean ballots still due? No email has been received (unless they've been careless and not checked spam/etc).

Secondly - seen some chat about tickets being mobile phone apps only. Will every person need this or just the lead person having the ticket account? Among our party somebody doesn't have a smartphone and another has a Blackberry which apparently sometimes isn't fully compatible with these sorts of apps... FFS. Will there be no paper or 'print-at-home' alternative?

Thanks good P&Bers.

Admire their loyalty, but to me it’s a no-brainer. Give 2,000 select punters the experience of seeing their nation at the Euros or give 6,000 the opportunity.  It’s not as if the extra 4,000 aren’t committed Scotland fans. They’ll have earned their points at pretty much every home game and the odd away I suspect. so they are hardly undeserving. The reality is also that not everyone has the resources to afford to travel all over Europe following the national team accumulating points.
Given that so many folk have had Scotland tickets taken away from them, I’d like to see the SFA do as much as possible to let as many Scotland fans experience the Euros as possible. In the current circumstances, when tickets are  severely restricted, handing anyone tickets to all three games seems the wrong choice. It’s not as if distributing the tickets more equitably will mean those on the most points  miss out completely, they will still be at one of the games. 
Realise this won’t be popular with the Tartan Army diehards, as the two red dots already show for even just suggesting it [emoji23] 
Should 100% be on the points system, what's the point in it otherwise.

22 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Admire their loyalty, but to me it’s a no-brainer. Give 2,000 select punters the experience of seeing their nation at the Euros or give 6,000 the opportunity.  It’s not as if the extra 4,000 aren’t committed Scotland fans. They’ll have earned their points at pretty much every home game and the odd away I suspect. so they are hardly undeserving. The reality is also that not everyone has the resources to afford to travel all over Europe following the national team accumulating points.

Given that so many folk have had Scotland tickets taken away from them, I’d like to see the SFA do as much as possible to let as many Scotland fans experience the Euros as possible. In the current circumstances, when tickets are  severely restricted, handing anyone tickets to all three games seems the wrong choice. It’s not as if distributing the tickets more equitably will mean those on the most points  miss out completely, they will still be at one of the games. 

Realise this won’t be popular with the Tartan Army diehards, as the two red dots already show for even just suggesting it 😂 

And I'm sure these people that either didn't want or couldn't afford to do all that travelling will fill the gaps left by people who would, quite rightly, sack off doing any travelling next campaign after the goalposts suddenly got moved.

The SFA aren't - and shouldn't - go pissing off essentially their most loyal group, by taking away the one big reward they get for said loyalty.  

Edited by forameus

Just now, forameus said:

And I'm sure these people that either didn't want or couldn't afford to do all that travelling will fill the gaps left by people who would, quite rightly, sack off doing any travelling next campaign after the goalposts suddenly got moved.

So are you suggesting these folk are only diehards if they’re getting rewarded for it in some way. Surely they travel to support the team not accumulate points. 

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

So are you suggesting these folk are only diehards if they’re getting rewarded for it in some way. Surely they travel to support the team not accumulate points. 

No, but they've done so knowing that if we ever get to a tournament, they'll be guaranteed tickets as a result of loyalty.  If you take that away suddenly, they should be furious.

The 6,000 allocation would still be based on the points system. It’s just about a more equitable distribution of tickets and rewarding 6,000 loyal fans rather than 2,000. 

In normal circumstances the yeah, absolutely give the 2,000 everything going. These aren’t normal circumstances. 

30 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Realise this won’t be popular with the Tartan Army diehards, as the two red dots already show for even just suggesting it 😂 

Say you buy a Raith season ticket, one of selling points of the ST is first dibs on away tickets. Hypothetically your top of the Premiership after 10 years and  have 3 away games to go to win the league. Raith suddenly turn around and say "right to keep it fair only 1 of the last 3 games will give season ticket holders priority" and you don't get to see Raith win the league becuase it was fairer to let another fan, who has attended maybe 10 or 15 games that season when they fancied it, jump in for a ticket.

Would you be bothered?

I admire your sentiment. We would all love for everybody to see each game, its a big occasion for the country to pull together but its just not going to happen and shouldn't happen.

They are normal circumstances as far as the SSC is concerned. When there's a capacity limit where demand exceeds supply the people with the most points get priority. I don't see why the capacity limit being down to COVID should be treated any differently to when we have an away game with a small away allocation.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

There’s a difference to away tickets and tournament tickets, I would agree it should be done so as many Scotland fans can experience the tournament as possible. Highest points could be used to guarantee the most desirable game at Wembley for example.

The tartan army have an element obsessed with badge collecting and boring you with how many away days they have done, they are likely to agree with this of course, as they believe they are entitled to every game and f**k everyone else.

11 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Say you buy a Raith season ticket, one of selling points of the ST is first dibs on away tickets. Hypothetically your top of the Premiership after 10 years and  have 3 away games to go to win the league. Raith suddenly turn around and say "right to keep it fair only 1 of the last 3 games will give season ticket holders priority" and you don't get to see Raith win the league becuase it was fairer to let another fan, who has attended maybe 10 or 15 games that season when they fancied it, jump in for a ticket.

Would you be bothered?

I admire your sentiment. We would all love for everybody to see each game, its a big occasion for the country to pull together but its just not going to happen and shouldn't happen.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be bothered. They’d have had every right to be absolutely raging or at the very least bitterly disappointed.  In the same way I’m sure folk who speculatively bought Hampden tickets before we’d even qualified and who have just lost them in a ballot have every right to be bitterly disappointed.  But COVID has disrupted many parts of our life. If the last year has taught us anything, it’s that no one has a right to expect anything when there’s a pandemic on. Things change, and COVID has fucked the normal rules around capacities. 

Also, the points system isn’t without its flaws. It’s a reward of both loyalty AND the ability to afford to travel.  These guys on the maximum points both have the dedication but also the disposable income to follow Scotland to away games. I’m sure loads of working class Scotland fans would love to travel the world supporting Scotland. They can’t. Some can only afford home games and the occasional away trip. Others will only be able to afford home matches. The points system works against these people. 

For me, it’s  a question of equity given the extremely unusual circumstances. I’d rather see more fans experience at least one of our games that’s all, rather than a handful experience all three.  Who knows, this might not happen again for a generation. 

1 minute ago, Mexico said:

There’s a difference to away tickets and tournament tickets, I would agree it should be done so as many Scotland fans can experience the tournament as possible. Highest points could be used to guarantee the most desirable game at Wembley for example.

Exactly. Give the folk with the most points choice of game - Wembley or the last match. And priority for the R16 if we get there.  Then there’s still a tangible reward for their loyalty. 

10 minutes ago, Mexico said:

The tartan army have an element obsessed with badge collecting and boring you with how many away days they have done, they are likely to disagree with this of course.

Perhaps it’s these sort of folk red dotting the posts instead of just responding with their alternative view 🤔

Anyway, commiserations to anyone who lost out on a ticket. That’s a b*****d. And hopefully those that do get in make enough noise for the rest of us. 

Edited by roverthemoon

If we had 10,000 SSC tickets in a full Hampden would you be advocating the same approach of splitting tickets between the two games?

Personally I think anyone with a SSC membership should have the opportunity to see Scotland play tournament football, points could be used as a “first access “ to pick the game you want in the first instance, therefore rewarding the loyalty somewhat.

Just my opinion like.

Email from the SSC just received

UEFA has now confirmed the ticket allocations for our three group stage matches in UEFA EURO 2020. All available tickets for Scotland supporters will be sold exclusively to SSC Members, using the Loyalty Points system to prioritise access. Allocations for our Group D fixtures are listed below:

Scotland v Czech Republic, 14 June 2021
1,972 standard seat tickets: Available to members with 15 Loyalty Points and above
8 Wheelchair Bays & 8 PA: Available to members with 12 Loyalty Points and above
5 Easy Access & 5 PA: Available to members with 20 Loyalty Points and above

England v Scotland, 18 June 2021
2,655 standard seat tickets: Available to members with 13 Loyalty Points and above
25 Wheelchair Bays & 25 PA: Available to members with 8 Loyalty Points and above

Croatia v Scotland, 22 June 2021
1,940 standard seat tickets: Available to members with 15 Loyalty Points and above
8 Wheelchair Bays & 8 PA: Available to members with 12 Loyalty Points and above

UEFA EURO 2020 TICKET SALES PROCESS

Sales will begin at 1pm on Tuesday, 18 May and will remain open until 1pm on Tuesday, 25 May. Eligible members with enough loyalty points will be emailed an access link on Monday, 17 May. These links are unique to each member and must be used when applying for a ticket. You can only use the link once for each relevant match and it must not be transferred to anyone else.

As UEFA is conducting this sale, there is no set sales schedule based on loyalty points, as there would be for an away qualifier. However, we will keep in close contact with UEFA about the progress of sales and should there still be tickets available, we will issue further access code links to the next points’ level.