Euro 2020 tickets

7 hours ago, the tactician said:

Hopefully find out in next week or two if tickets i got in ballot for me and my grandson will still be valid!

Would be gutted if i didnt get them as my grandson first ever tournament he has been excited since they qualified, but i can understand the supporters club getting majority of tickets if it happens

Hopefully in the next week i would imagine. 

I’d given up on going to bilbao anyway but it’s odd that it’s moved down to Seville and automatically refunded. Anxious wait now for the last two I’ve held on to, got more expensive tickets for England - Czechs so hopefully that stands me in good stead. 

17 hours ago, realmadrid said:

What an embarrassment for the Irish to be the only host who cannot hold games.

I wonder if that would have been us if we had not won the shoot out in Belgrade. 

Why is it an embarrassment?  With the Irish not qualifying, I'd imagine there was very little appetite to stick their necks out and risk hosting just to let some neutrals watch some group stage games.  

If we hadn't qualified, I'd imagine we'd have done the same.  

I’d given up on going to bilbao anyway but it’s odd that it’s moved down to Seville and automatically refunded. Anxious wait now for the last two I’ve held on to, got more expensive tickets for England - Czechs so hopefully that stands me in good stead. 
I was thinking about how uefa would conduct a new ballot and if it would be done by price categories.

But then I remembered uefa are money grabbing b*****ds so they will most likely punt the cheapest ticket holders and keep the more expensive ticket holders.

Surely the pricing structure was in relation to where the seats are, so the more expensive ones would be south and north stand, with cheaper ones behind the goals. Assume they'll need a mix of all price categories to fit 12,000 into the stadium with suitable distancing.

Surely the pricing structure was in relation to where the seats are, so the more expensive ones would be south and north stand, with cheaper ones behind the goals. Assume they'll need a mix of all price categories to fit 12,000 into the stadium with suitable distancing.
Was on the uefa website they are planning on splitting the price categories for the ballot.

On 24/04/2021 at 07:56, forameus said:

Why is it an embarrassment?  With the Irish not qualifying, I'd imagine there was very little appetite to stick their necks out and risk hosting just to let some neutrals watch some group stage games.  

If we hadn't qualified, I'd imagine we'd have done the same.  

From a football fans point of view the chances of the likes of us or the Irish ever hosting a major UEFA event again are slim. certainly a once in a generation or more thing,. Feel sorry for those Irish fans who would have been looking to see some international finals action at home.

And still we wait... UEFA really are a joke eh? Get emails everyday from UEFA trying to flog extortionate hospitality tickets, meanwhile us (potential) ticket holders are sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting on news. Even some official news about if we're getting a Wembley allocation would be nice!

4 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

And still we wait... UEFA really are a joke eh? Get emails everyday from UEFA trying to flog extortionate hospitality tickets, meanwhile us (potential) ticket holders are sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting on news. Even some official news about if we're getting a Wembley allocation would be nice!

I asked the SSC a few days ago about tickets and they said they are still waiting on UEFA for allocation. 

Hopefully it's today or next week at some point. 

They are now just saying "in May" for the ballot of the original ticket holders. Could be weeks yet !

They are now just saying "in May" for the ballot of the original ticket holders. Could be weeks yet !
Yeah it's a complete joke. How are we meant to make plans etc? They bang on about the fan experience and putting supporters first, they do not care one bit.

Surely next week?

The ballot needs to be before the fan allocation for the final 4 who qualified is allocated 

Otherwise you could have a situation where an SSC member had tickets for one of the games so was not entitled to buy via the SSC then had those tickets cancelled by UEFA.

Edited by realmadrid

On another forum that I use, a fella on there received confirmation today that his tickets were cancelled. Including England V Scotland.

ETA

Apologies, this seems to be via the English FA.

Edited by LondonHMFC

On another forum that I use, a fella on there received confirmation today that his tickets were cancelled. Including England V Scotland.
ETA
Apologies, this seems to be via the English FA.
Yes but this was expected. English FA are cancelling all of their England allocation group stage tickets and conducting a new ballot to be fair to their membership ranking when the new allocation is a quarter of the original one. Check the ESTC website for an explanation from a few weeks ago.

ATAC mention in their minutes of their meeting with the London organisers that the UEFA ballot will be at the end of this week.

https://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/2021/05/05/meeting-2-with-london-host-city-stakeholders-30-04-2021/?fbclid=IwAR3YnjGrIaMax9_ken3Fje8z-q5fjRNqohZamIt8LuxHpTyQ0g-q87sx2Fg

THE Tartan Army will be banned from celebrating together at the Euros - after UEFA ruled fans must sit alone with a four seat gap to the next person.

The measures will apply to our group matches at Hampden against the Czech Republic and Croatia, as well as the clash with England at Wembley.

Scotland supporters bosses were told at a summit with tourney chiefs that even families from the same household won’t be able to sit next to each other.

The meeting last week heard that the stadium will have 25 per cent capacity meaning 3600 Scots will be allowed in.

The Association of Tartan Army Clubs said in an update: “We asked if bubble/same household seating would likely offer the opportunity of a small increase in our allocation.

“However it appears a directive from UEFA states that ALL seats will be socially distanced, and have 3 or 4 between them, irrespective of who you order with.

“The current English roadmap suggests that they may move from 25% to 50% capacity between their 2nd and 3rd group games.

“Current plans are that all their group matches will be at 25%. Any move to 50% would be based on test event data.

“This will be important to us for when we play our semi final and final at Wembley!!!”

The meeting was attended by ATAC Chair Martin Riddell and Vice Chair Graeme Baxter.

They discussed plans with representatives from the Met Police, English FA, Police Scotland, London Mayor’s office, British Transport Police and supporters groups from our opponents England, Czech Republic and Croatia.

Supporters also won’t be allowed to have a bevy on the underground to the match - and trains to London are set to be booze free.

The ATAC said: “No drinking alcohol is permitted on the underground.

“Dry trains may be implemented in the day running up to the match, although a decision has not yet been made. Alcohol is currently not allowed on trains due to Covid restrictions.”

And it’s bad news for fans wanting to descend on the traditional pre-match party HQ at Trafalgar Square.

The fans group said: “The Trafalgar Square fan zone mentioned last month will be in operation for all matches at Wembley and all England fixtures.

“No decision yet on the capacity but as stated last month, this is for watching matches rather than a pre-match party. It will be ticketed.

“We asked for alternative suggestions for Scotland fans to gather at but there are currently no plans for this."

Last night Iain Emerson, editor of the Famous Tartan Army Magazine said: “It seems very strange that fans from the same bubble cant sit next to each other.

“The snooker final on Sunday had fans all next to each other and that was indoors. And the FA Cup final had fans together. And there was 3000 people for an indoor rave in Liverpool.

“As far as I know there haven’t been any issues since these vents. If fans have to show a negative test result then I think that’s fair enough, but it should mean they can sit next to their family and friends.

“When, not if, Scotland score I can’t see fans not grabbing the person closest to them. I’ve never been to a match and not cuddled anyone.”