Euro 2020 tickets

10 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I wonder how the SSC sale would work? I think the fairest way would be the usual way. On sale to members on X amount of points, then going down the points until they're sold out. I've calculated I'm in the top 2,123 (14 points), so squeaky bum time if UEFA cancel my tickets in the ballot.

you'd think so. 

I'm on 20 so I'm sorted thankfully. Starting to get excited now.

I wonder how the SSC sale would work? I think the fairest way would be the usual way. On sale to members on X amount of points, then going down the points until they're sold out. I've calculated I'm in the top 2,123 (14 points), so squeaky bum time if UEFA cancel my tickets in the ballot.
What's the deal with the host country getting 3%? Who does that go to?

you'd think so. 

I'm on 20 so I'm sorted thankfully. Starting to get excited now.
You're quite right to start getting excited! I've got everything crossed I'll be lucky and get tickets either through SSC, or keep my original tickets. I'm 10 minutes from Hampden so will be gutted to miss out. All will become clear towards the end of the month/start of May.

Another one - does anyone know whether the scale-back of tickets will be done by category? 

Say 50% of the cheap seats are sold but only 20% of the expensive ones.  Does that mean the scale-back applies to the cheap seats?  If the scale-back is applied across the whole stadium equally, the cheap area would be too full and the expensive area would be almost empty.

Yes, around 2,000 tickets, 16% of capacity.  Same for Czechs and Croats but I doubt they'll come anywhere close to taken the full allocation, Czech's will likely be a red list country for entry anyway, Croatia amber, both meaning quarantine or self isolation.  They could sell to anyone already in the UK of course.
I think the tickets will be non-transferable. I don't think it will be a physical ticket. Probably an e-ticket, and ID required to gain access to the ground. Especially as you'll need to complete a lateral flow test, provide proof of a negative test, a or vaccine for entry. Track and Trace will be in action too, so I think they're going to be really strict about selling tickets on. It means people who don't live in Scotland, and are in the SSC probably won't be allowed to buy a ticket unless they complete the isolation period etc.

Wonder how it will work of supporters club tickets go on sale before uefa have balloted
I assume they'll do the UEFA ballot first? It's a complete minefield and I do not envy the individuals sorting all this out!

Sounds like a few people in the position of having generic ballot tickets (which now aren't guaranteed), and potentially waiting on SSC tickets. Reckon some people could end up with two tickets?
I wondered that too (in hope) but have convinced myself that 15+ pointers will just cancel their ballot tickets now.

I wondered that too (in hope) but have convinced myself that 15+ pointers will just cancel their ballot tickets now.
I hope for that too... We'll hopefully hear some sort of communication from the SFA with what the script is soon. Especially since UEFA put all that out today.

Didn't think UEFA would give a shit, but fair enough.  Although that statement does seem to contradict a bit.  They'll see how many tickets they've sold, and if it's over the amount they're allowed in, they'll ballot.  Fair enough.  But are the association tickets ring-fenced from that so that more lose out on the ballot?

Good news for those that have the points, good on them.  Deserve it after the pish you've watched to build up those points.

Cancelled my Budapest tickets so some Hungarian can enjoy the last 16 game I was going to.

56 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Sounds like a few people in the position of having generic ballot tickets (which now aren't guaranteed), and potentially waiting on SSC tickets. Reckon some people could end up with two tickets?

I believe UEFA and the FAs share customer details to ensure no one ends up with two tickets or at least that's what they attempted to do in 2016. Not sure if the timescales involved this time around will have an impact though.

Cancelled my Budapest tickets so some Hungarian can enjoy the last 16 game I was going to.
I believe UEFA and the FAs share customer details to ensure no one ends up with two tickets or at least that's what they attempted to do in 2016. Not sure if the timescales involved this time around will have an impact though.

The SSC allocation will be sold through UEFA portal (at least that was the case for other nations). I’m sure those who are eligible to buy are given a code to access the site.