Euro 2020 tickets

29 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Does anyone know how many tickets were sold via the ballot? I know it’ll be more than 10-15,000 but just wondering how many more. 

25k apparently. No idea what percentage of those were returned previously when UEFA were pushing folk to take refunds. Not many I'd wager. 

7 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

25k apparently. No idea what percentage of those were returned previously when UEFA were pushing folk to take refunds. Not many I'd wager. 

And how many of these might be from fans outside the country who may not be allowed to attend?

This is the sales breakdown in usual times if anyone is interested.

https://euro2020.scottishfa.co.uk/uefa-euro-2020/news/posts/2020/february/fans-embrace-uefa-euro-2020-with-record-number-of-ticket-requests/

Based on that, a maximum of 25k have been sold already for each game already. If all non-Scottish tickets are cancelled, 40% would leave an average of 10k Scottish tickets sold per match.

Might be easier to accommodate both Scottish-based fans who were successful in the ballot and SSC members based on that. We’ll have to wait and see I suppose.

IMG_3751.pngIMG_3752.jpg

19 hours ago, CountyFan said:

I have the cheap (ha! €50) tickets for the Czech game. Never even thought about taking a refund. Being at our first tournament game in 23 years is not to be missed. Ideally there would be a full house but there were only 20,000 there on my last visit to Hampden (the 0-4 pumping from Belgium in September 2019).

On 07/04/2021 at 12:33, stuart87 said:

So the fans at the game will have to be socially distanced but the fans in a fanzone can do what they like?

Welcome to the crazy world of COVID-19.

22 hours ago, sparky88 said:

I don't think it will. I think most people can live with their ticket being cancelled because of public health concerns. Less so if their ticket is being cancelled to give to someone else, whether they are in a club or not.

Two months isn't a lot of notice to give people that their tickets are being cancelled too. I suspect you may be disappointed.

Would the fairest thing to do not be to roughly stick with the original allocation percentages, then? The ticket isn't being cancelled to give it to someone else - the allocation for general sale was 50% of the stadium, therefore only 25% of those 25,000 odd with tickets will be able to attend. That's the scope that there should be to deal with general sale tickets - 25% of the allocated 50%, not 25% of 100% of the stadium just because those were the tickets that happened to be on sale first. 

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

Would the fairest thing to do not be to roughly stick with the original allocation percentages, then? The ticket isn't being cancelled to give it to someone else - the allocation for general sale was 50% of the stadium, therefore only 25% of those 25,000 odd with tickets will be able to attend. That's the scope that there should be to deal with general sale tickets - 25% of the allocated 50%, not 25% of 100% of the stadium just because those were the tickets that happened to be on sale first. 

Of course the tickets would be cancelled to give to someone else - all the available tickets have been sold. So UEFA/ whoever will have to buy the tickets off people (probably minus the booking fee) so they can give them to the Scottish Supporters Club in your scenario.

Had, for whatever reason, members of supporters clubs been unable to enter the ballot for tickets in the original general sale, I think I'd be with you. Had I been a member of the SSA I woukd entered the general sale as well - don't understand why you wouldn't.

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Of course the tickets would be cancelled to give to someone else - all the available tickets have been sold. So UEFA/ whoever will have to buy the tickets off people (probably minus the booking fee) so they can give them to the Scottish Supporters Club in your scenario.

Had, for whatever reason, members of supporters clubs been unable to enter the ballot for tickets in the original general sale, I think I'd be with you. Had I been a member of the SSA I woukd entered the general sale as well - don't understand why you wouldn't.

Why would you enter a public sale/ballot before a) Scotland had even qualified and  b) if you had a reasonable number of points you knew you were guaranteed tickets via the SSC.

The SSC allocation will be around 2,000 for Hampden I believe, ie 16% of 12,000.

10 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Had, for whatever reason, members of supporters clubs been unable to enter the ballot for tickets in the original general sale, I think I'd be with you. Had I been a member of the SSA I would entered the general sale as well - don't understand why you wouldn't.

I'm in the SSC and I didn't because there was no foreseeable reason for me not to get them through the SSC. I knew I would have enough points (to at least be within the top 3000 or so on the points table) and did not see the benefit of spending cash 2 years early for a match that I may not have had an interest in going to. 

It's clear that tickets will have to be cancelled ,as long as the percentages given to each group of fans reflects what it would have originally been then nobody can have any complaints.

12 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Why would you enter a public sale/ballot before a) Scotland had even qualified and  b) if you had a reasonable number of points you knew you were guaranteed tickets via the SSC.

The SSC allocation will be around 2,000 for Hampden I believe, ie 16% of 12,000.

Wonder if we will get tickets for Wembley. 

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Wonder if we will get tickets for Wembley. 

Going by articles so far we should (possibly up to 3000 or so). Its going to be interesting how they manage gatherings out with games though if thousands travel to London. Out of my group there are only 3 out of 15 who would have a chance of tickets at all and the rest are just going for the trip.

25 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I'm a member of the SSC and I saw no reason to enter the ballot as I'm in the top 3500 odd members in terms of points. I don't expect that to be enough now, but at the time I would have been guaranteed an opportunity to purchase a ticket if we qualified. So why enter the ballot for the general sale?

The tickets will all probably have to be cancelled and redistributed, because the seating arrangement will be radically changed. If the general sale was for specific blocks, then there will only be 25% of that block available. So you'd need to give them a ticket for a seat that was already designated for another group, primarily the seats for fans distributed through the football associations. So in that case you would be taking a ticket away from someone in a group that it was designated for, and giving it to someone in a group that it wasn't designated for (just because they already had a chance to buy a ticket for another party of the ground). 

Again, the basic point is that only around 25% of the seats for the tickets sold for general sale are now available (unless you are reallocating them a ticket for a seat which is designated for another group). 

Edited by SpoonTon

24 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Going by articles so far we should (possibly up to 3000 or so). Its going to be interesting how they manage gatherings out with games though if thousands travel to London. Out of my group there are only 3 out of 15 who would have a chance of tickets at all and the rest are just going for the trip.

Maybe they will limit SSC members to one game in the group stage. 

17 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I think we will, and maybe a larger allocation that we get at Hampden.

I'm not expecting to get tickets for any of the Hampden games now but hopeful of a Wembley if so. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I'm in the SSC and I didn't because there was no foreseeable reason for me not to get them through the SSC. I knew I would have enough points (to at least be within the top 3000 or so on the points table) and did not see the benefit of spending cash 2 years early for a match that I may not have had an interest in going to. 

It's clear that tickets will have to be cancelled ,as long as the percentages given to each group of fans reflects what it would have originally been then nobody can have any complaints.

Good of you to decide what people can and can't complain about.