Euro 2020 tickets

12 minutes ago, forameus said:

But why do they, that's the bit I'm getting at.  I don't see anything they "have" to do outside of satisfying their own interests.  Giving tickets to the SFA doesn't satisfy their own interests.  

Under normal circumstances, there would be rules in place, but pretty much every rule has been punted out a window long ago. 

Because FA allocations include tickets for SFA staff, players, their own sponsors etc, as well as for their supporters.   As I pointed out previously, UEFA want fans of both teams at the games if possible, they achieve that via FA allocations not via general sale.  Therefore they'll look to give Czech and Croatian FA's an allocation as well, which may be very small depending on entry requirements coming from those countries, but they'll get offered them, otherwise their game at Hampden would be full of neutrals.

It's why the SFA will probably receive an allocation for the England game as well.

SSC members were advised of the process by the SFA, which would be confirmed in the event we qualified.  I also believe - although I might be wrong on this - that if you applied via the ballot it debarred you from also getting tickets from the SSC  eg if you ended up with tickets for Croatia v Czechs at Hampden, you could not then apply for England v Scotland tickets for the same day if we qualified.
Some members on lower points took their chances in the UEFA ballot as they were unlikely to have enough points to get tickets through the SSC as I think the original allocation was only ever going to be 6-7k.
Where you hearing that from. Not sure how STC officials selling tickets for a game at Wembley would know who possesses tickets for a game between Czechs and Croatia.

I have tickets via UEFA for all 4 games at Hampden. I also have a high enough points total to gain tickets that way (assuming SFA get 5k or so) if the UEFA ones get cancelled. Thousands of STC members will be in the same position. I had no intention of applying again having secured tickets however if for any reason those were cancelled by UEFA I would be applying via the STC.

Am I the only one that would rather be with thousands of other like minded Scotland fans watching in a fanzone rather than sitting socially distanced in a mostly neutral stadium.

So the fans at the game will have to be socially distanced but the fans in a fanzone can do what they like?

Where you hearing that from. Not sure how STC officials selling tickets for a game at Wembley would know who possesses tickets for a game between Czechs and Croatia.

I have tickets via UEFA for all 4 games at Hampden. I also have a high enough points total to gain tickets that way (assuming SFA get 5k or so) if the UEFA ones get cancelled. Thousands of STC members will be in the same position. I had no intention of applying again having secured tickets however if for any reason those were cancelled by UEFA I would be applying via the STC.
Because UEFA sell all the tickets, not the SSC. If they see you already have been allocated tickets for a particular game, you can't apply for tickets for another game that day.

So the fans at the game will have to be socially distanced but the fans in a fanzone can do what they like?
Cant see them being able to enforce the sit down shut up dont interact with anyone rule at fan zones as easily as in the stadiums.

Have you a link to that in the T&Cs ?
No I've not looked, but it was confirmed in emails from the SSC and ATAC. Why would UEFA sell you tickets to 2 different games taking place at the same time? I assume its a measure to try and stop touts.

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
Have you a link to that in the T&Cs ?

No I've not looked, but it was confirmed in emails from the SSC and ATAC. Why would UEFA sell you tickets to 2 different games taking place at the same time? I assume its a measure to try and stop touts.

I'm sure it said before the original UEFA ballot that you couldn't apply for games in two places at once but there was nothing to stop you doing so once the process started, and I think some people did that.

I'm sure it said before the original UEFA ballot that you couldn't apply for games in two places at once but there was nothing to stop you doing so once the process started, and I think some people did that.
I did wonder as I know at least 2 folk who got tickets through the ballot for games in different countries on the same day. I still think there will be very little checking IF there is a public sale via the STC . It will be those with the relevant points who have applied regardless. I'd like to think no one would try to get tickets via both for the SAME game though.

Attribution rules favour access for as many people as possible to 'LIVE IT. FOR REAL'

• Maximum four tickets per applicant and per match

• Maximum one match per day per applicant

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/0253-0d821c0faceb-9c6313dd551c-1000--uefa-euro-2020-ticket-details-announced/?referrer=%2Fuefaeuro-2020%2Fnews%2Fnewsid%3D2604909

It was later suggested that if you had received a Czech v Croatia ticket via the ballot, you would not be eligible for an England ticket should Scotland fans be allowed.  Whether that remains the case given the upheaval who knows.

5 hours ago, Burnieman said:

You do realise that the SSC contains many fans who have travelled all over for the last 23 years since we last qualified for a Finals, and who so far have not been given any opportunity to apply for tickets  (unless they did so off their own steam in the ballot before the play-offs had even started).  I think most would agree they should be getting priority of limited available tickets.

You've presented an argument for giving members of the SSC a medal for their service to the Tartan Army, rather than an argument for taking tickets off people who have already bought them. 

Just now, sparky88 said:

You've presented an argument for giving members of the SSC a medal for their service to the Tartan Army, rather than an argument for taking tickets off people who have already bought them. 

I don't need an argument, UEFA will decide and it's almost certainly going to happen, each competiting nation will receive an allocation for each game.

As has already been said, tickets will be cancelled regardless as a lot more than 12,000 tickets have already been sold for Hampden.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don't need an argument, UEFA will decide and it's almost certainly going to happen, each competiting nation will receive an allocation for each game.

As has already been said, tickets will be cancelled regardless as a lot more than 12,000 tickets have already been sold for Hampden.

I don't think it will. I think most people can live with their ticket being cancelled because of public health concerns. Less so if their ticket is being cancelled to give to someone else, whether they are in a club or not.

Two months isn't a lot of notice to give people that their tickets are being cancelled too. I suspect you may be disappointed.

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I don't think it will. I think most people can live with their ticket being cancelled because of public health concerns. Less so if their ticket is being cancelled to give to someone else, whether they are in a club or not.

Two months isn't a lot of notice to give people that their tickets are being cancelled too. I suspect you may be disappointed.

OK you keep believing that.

Having applied in the ballot only to end up buying 4 tickets for Croatia v Czechs, and having accrued a healthy points tally from years of home and away games, I know I'm hoping the SSC gets at least some slice of the pie. It seems that the ballot has ended up overselling the event due to capacity restrictions, so no matter what happens, there are going to be some disappointed people. 

It's a pretty tricky one and there is no way to square the circle. Only UEFA know if they are going to stick to the rule of associations getting a cut or not. We shall but see. 

It will be a kick in the guts to end up missing out due to bad luck on a ballot after all these years, but that may well be the way the chips fall. Here's hoping wembley capacity is extended so we can swamp it for the final, when we win the whole carry-on.