Euro 2020 tickets

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. They can go to a ballot but the SSC should still be getting a percentage - no matter the capacity. IF they were due 20% of 50k then that should be scaled down to 20% of whatever the capacity ends up as.

If the tickets hadn't already been sold that would be perfectly reasonable. Whether they refund more tickets than they have to to enable that is another matter.

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Tickets shouldn't be given to any supporters club (Scottish or otherwise) if it involves cancelling tickets already sold to people. 

Especially as other countries can't guarantee that those fans will be allowed to travel to Scotland in June. 

You do realise that the SSC contains many fans who have travelled all over for the last 23 years since we last qualified for a Finals, and who so far have not been given any opportunity to apply for tickets  (unless they did so off their own steam in the ballot before the play-offs had even started).  I think most would agree they should be getting priority of limited available tickets.

3 hours ago, CountyFan said:

And that's before you have several thousand legitimately pissed off people who, having already gone through a ballot process and sat with a significant amount of money in limbo for over a year, then get bumped to the end of a queue for some loser with a massive collection of obscure cap badges.

You took the choice, but the loser with cap badges who has travelled all over the place supporting the team should be getting priority over someone who needs a map to find Hampden and fancies a day out.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They should maybe have travelled to the UEFA website and bought some tickets from there.

SSC members were advised of the process by the SFA, which would be confirmed in the event we qualified.  I also believe - although I might be wrong on this - that if you applied via the ballot it debarred you from also getting tickets from the SSC  eg if you ended up with tickets for Croatia v Czechs at Hampden, you could not then apply for England v Scotland tickets for the same day if we qualified.

Some members on lower points took their chances in the UEFA ballot as they were unlikely to have enough points to get tickets through the SSC as I think the original allocation was only ever going to be 6-7k.

They should maybe have travelled to the UEFA website and bought some tickets from there.
You couldn't have just bought them through, it was a ballot. SSC members might have tried to but some through the ballot but they might not have got any.

In the unlikely event my ticket doesn't get cancelled then I look forward to wandering around Glasgow city centre in the hours before kick off with a bumbag, a map and a camera round my neck asking depressed looking people wearing glengarries outside pubs how to get to Scotland Park.
Prepare to be mocked when they find out you've never shat in a Skopje city centre fountain.

2 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

In the unlikely event my ticket doesn't get cancelled then I look forward to wandering around Glasgow city centre in the hours before kick off with a bumbag, a map and a camera round my neck asking depressed looking people wearing glengarries outside pubs how to get to Scotland Park.

Trying too hard.

10 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

SSC members were advised of the process by the SFA, which would be confirmed in the event we qualified.  I also believe - although I might be wrong on this - that if you applied via the ballot it debarred you from also getting tickets from the SSC  eg if you ended up with tickets for Croatia v Czechs at Hampden, you could not then apply for England v Scotland tickets for the same day if we qualified.

Some members on lower points took their chances in the UEFA ballot as they were unlikely to have enough points to get tickets through the SSC as I think the original allocation was only ever going to be 6-7k.

If the SFA chose to discourage people from the ballot then that was entirely their own choice, and I very much doubt it was encouraged by UEFA.

9 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

For something that should never be required. Prior to the pandemic they would have had absolutely no need to. Nobody could foresee a pandemic.

Exactly, and that nobody includes UEFA and the SFA. Therefore I don't see why people would expect the ticketing arrangements which apply in normal times to automatically extend to this summer.

7 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

You couldn't have just bought them through, it was a ballot. SSC members might have tried to but some through the ballot but they might not have got any.

As far as I recall, there was an original ballot but then tickets for all four games at Hampden became available to buy directly through the ballot the next day.

As far as I recall, there was an original ballot but then tickets for all four games at Hampden became available to buy directly through the ballot the next day.
They didn't discourage, they set out the process. Then Covid came along.

There is no reason at this point to suspect the process will change much, although the amount of tickets through the SSC will inevitably be much less than expected.

37 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There is no reason at this point to suspect the process will change much

37 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Then Covid came along.

I understand the frustration, it's utterly shit for those that would have had tickets in a normal situation and now don't.  But UEFA aren't going to rip up the entire ticketing process they've got now just to portion off tickets that are now more valuable than ever to home associations.  

Just now, forameus said:

I understand the frustration, it's utterly shit for those that would have had tickets in a normal situation and now don't.  But UEFA aren't going to rip up the entire ticketing process they've got now just to portion off tickets that are now more valuable than ever to home associations.  

Given they already have to  - best case scenario - ballot current ticket holders and cancel/refund many of them to reduce the numbers, they might just start again, particularly as many of these could be overseas and therefore unable to travel.  They have to accomodate FA allocations (which will be severely reduced) and they may also look to protect as far as possible, the volume of UEFA, sponsors, hospitality and hangers on tickets, reducing the availability even further.

At this stage we don't know what they'll do, but it remains a possibility they'll wipe the slate clean and re-start the process.

If UEFA's intention all along was to cancel all previously sold tickets and do some sort of new ballot/re-allocation they would have done that by now. The beginning of the year when they were encouraged people to take refunds and changing the Ts and Cs would have been the obvious moment. The fact they haven't makes it pretty clear that they're planning to fill whatever limited capacity will be available with tickets already sold. Appreciate that is shit and unfair for folk who otherwise would have had tickets. 

Edited by CountyFan

11 minutes ago, forameus said:

Even if someone had a long weekend in Warsaw?

Just now, CountyFan said:

If UEFA's intention all along was to cancel all previously sold tickets and do some sort of new ballot/re-allocation they would have done that by now. The beginning of the tear when they were encouraged people to take refunds and changing the Ts and Cs would have been the obvious moment. The fact they haven't makes it pretty clear that they're planning to fill whatever limited capacity will be available with tickets already sold. Appreciate that is shit and unfair for folk who otherwise would have had tickets. 

Nothing is "pretty clear" though, they still don't know which venues will be able to host crowds and to what extent.  They don't know which venues will welcome visiting fans and which ones won't be able to.   That will become a bit clearer over the next few weeks.

I appreciate people want to hang on to the tickets they've already been promised - I'd be the same - but there's no gurantees with the situation UEFA find themselves in.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Given they already have to  - best case scenario - ballot current ticket holders and cancel/refund many of them to reduce the numbers, they might just start again, particularly as many of these could be overseas and therefore unable to travel.  They have to accomodate FA allocations (which will be severely reduced) and they may also look to protect as far as possible, the volume of UEFA, sponsors, hospitality and hangers on tickets, reducing the availability even further.

At this stage we don't know what they'll do, but it remains a possibility they'll wipe the slate clean and re-start the process.

But why do they, that's the bit I'm getting at.  I don't see anything they "have" to do outside of satisfying their own interests.  Giving tickets to the SFA doesn't satisfy their own interests.  

Under normal circumstances, there would be rules in place, but pretty much every rule has been punted out a window long ago. 

Guest TheJTS98

Refunding tickets will be a huge task.

How many credit/debit cards have expired since the tickets were bought with them etc? And why do UEFA want to commit a huge amount of effort to that and then a whole new process of selling tickets they've already sold?

Seems an absolute no-brainer that they'll deal with people who have already bought tickets from them and minimise refunding as much as possible.

This is going to be an administrative nightmare for UEFA. They're not going to make it harder for themselves with just weeks to go before the tournament.