Euro 2020 tickets

3 hours ago, CountyFan said:

The allocation will be taken from the tickets they have already sold. Assuming that the only unsold tickets are allocations for each national association, then the tickets already sold will more than fill the limited capacity that is realistically going to be allowed. 

Despite what SSC members who dont yet have tickets will tell you, UEFA dont care who sits in the seats. They are not going to re-sell tickets they have already sold. 

You know that how exactly?  The chances are most general sale tickets sold to date will be refunded and a new process started based on the known capacity, for Hampden this is looking like around 12,000.  The SSC will be entitled to about 2,000 of that, as will the Czechs and Croats although given the circumstances that allocation probably wont be taken up, or at least severely restricted. Then there will be around 15-20% taken up by UEFA/hospitality/sponsors etc.  It might leave about 5,000-7,000 tickets for general sale.  Maybe they'll ballot those already sold to see who keeps them and who gets refunded.

Edited by Burnieman

37 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You know that how exactly?  The chances are most general sale tickets sold to date will be refunded and a new process started based on the known capacity, for Hampden this is looking like around 12,000.  The SSC will be entitled to about 2,000 of that, as will the Czechs and Croats although given the circumstances that allocation probably wont be taken up, or at least severely restricted. Then there will be around 15-20% taken up by UEFA/hospitality/sponsors etc.  It might leave about 5,000-7,000 tickets for general sale.  Maybe they'll ballot those already sold to see who keeps them and who gets refunded.

You've questioned how someone else knows what will happen (obviously they shouldn't have phrased it as a fact) but then made up your own scenario based on no more information either.

We don't know what will happen until UEFA confirm anything but given that it would cost them money to issue refunds and take time to get the money in for new sales, I see no reason why they'll do that. There will be a few refunds for foreign sales but I can't see that being a huge amount.

Talk of the home and away nations being "entitled" to a certain number of tickets is pointless as these are clearly unusual circumstances and UEFA will do what suits them best and we're still waiting confirmation from the government of capacities anyway. Obviously both FA's will get some tickets to each game to cover their own executives/boards/sponsors but I'll be surprised if that stretches far enough to include many fans.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

39 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

You've questioned how someone else knows what will happen then made up your own scenario based on no relevant information either.

We don't know what will happen until UEFA confirm anything but given that it would cost them money to issue refunds and take time to get the money in for new sales, I see no reason why they'll do that.

Talk of the home and away nations being "entitled" to a certain number of tickets is pointless as these are clearly unusual circumstances and UEFA will do what suits them best.

You are correct we don't know what will happen, but CountyFan seems certain, just asking aboout his source to make him so certain.

The SSC will receive an allocation as a host association, UEFA won't change that (bookmark this if you want).  UEFA will also have to issue a certain amount of refunds anyway as they have already sold more tickets in the general sale for Hampden - across various price categories - than available capacity (probably the same for most venues). They also know tickets will therefore be in high demand given stadiums are only likely to have between 20-30% of capacities available. 

There's no risk to UEFA in deciding to refund every single general sale ticket (I don't believe any physical tickets have been issued) and restarting the process, they will easily sell the lot and could if they wanted to hike the price and take advantage.  Of course they might not do that, if they don't then they are going to have to decide which ticket holders to refund, and which to issue tickets to, ballot?  Seems unneccesarily complicated to me, but who knows.

Edited by Burnieman

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

You are correct we don't know what will happen, but CountyFan seems certain, just asking aboout his source to make him so certain.

The SSC will receive an allocation as a host association, UEFA won't change that (bookmark this if you want).  UEFA will also have to issue a certain amount of refunds anyway as they have already sold more tickets in the general sale for Hampden - across various price categories - than available capacity (probably the same for most venues). They also know tickets will therefore be in high demand given they are only likely to be between 20-30% of capacities.  

There's no risk to UEFA in deciding to refund every single general sale ticket (I don't believe any physical tickets have been issued) and restarting the process, they will easily sell the lot and could if they wanted to hike the price and take advantage.  Of course they might not do that, if they don't then they are going to have to decide which ticket holders to refund, and which to issue tickets to, ballot?  Seems unneccesarily complicated to me, but who knows.

Yeah, that's fair- I did edit my post to acknowledge CountyFan's certainty was misplaced.

I assume it's technically the SFA who receive the allocation then sell it through the SSC. I agree the SFA will definitely get some allocation but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the low hundreds to cover their own officials & sponsors and a only negligible amount will reach fans. 

There's no question UEFA could sell the tickets all over again if they wanted to, but I just don't think they'll see any requirement too.

Time will tell I guess.

Just now, Jaggy Snake said:

Yeah, that's fair- I did edit my post to acknowledge CountyFan's certainty was misplaced.

I assume it's technically the SFA who receive the allocation then sell it through the SSC. I agree the SFA will definitely get some allocation but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the low hundreds to cover their own officials & sponsors and a only negligible amount will reach fans. 

There's no question UEFA could sell the tickets all over again if they wanted to, but I just don't think they'll see any requirement too.

Time will tell I guess.

It's UEFA who sell the tickets, but I believe the SSC would supply them with details of who is entitled to them from their allocation.  I get the impression UEFA are keen to ensure as many "fans" are there as possible to create an atmosphere within reduced capacities, they haven't yet ruled out travelling fans either so I'm confident the allocation will remain about 15-20%.   Absolutely no doubt that the "UEFA family", sponsors and hangers on will get priority, they always do.

Why should  UEFA take tickets off someone who has already bought them to then give them to people in the Czech Supporters Club?  We don't know if other countries' fans will be allowed into the country in June.

Edited by sparky88

8 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Of course I dont know for sure, I'm speculating the same as anyone else is. I just don't understand why UEFA, having already sold too many tickets, would scrap the whole thing and start again. They'll just re-ballot existing ticket holders as they'll clearly already have sold enough tickets to fill the limited capacity. It would be an unnecessary, overly costly and complicated process to scrap everything and start again. Especially at this short notice. 

And that's before you have several thousand legitimately pissed off people who, having already gone through a ballot process and sat with a significant amount of money in limbo for over a year, then get bumped to the end of a queue for some loser with a massive collection of obscure cap badges. 

The wording of the emails ticket holders have already received over the past few months os significant. Even after they revised their Ts and Cs there was no mention at all of reduced capacities requiring a cancellation of the entire process. If there was, everyone would have cancelled and we wouldn't have this problem. 

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Why should  UEFA take tickets off someone who has already bought them to then give them to people in the Czech Supporters Club?  We don't know if other countries' fans will be allowed into the country in June.

It's a tournament game at a neutral venue. The Czechs/Croatian FAs should be as entitled to as many tickets as the SSC.

54 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's a tournament game at a neutral venue. The Czechs/Croatian FAs should be as entitled to as many tickets as the SSC.

Tickets shouldn't be given to any supporters club (Scottish or otherwise) if it involves cancelling tickets already sold to people. 

Especially as other countries can't guarantee that those fans will be allowed to travel to Scotland in June. 

10 minutes ago, forameus said:

I'm surprised they're having anything at all, although I guess ticketing it with a (probably) strict limit in an outdoor venue is probably the most sensible thing to do.

You know people were going regardless. I guess they're aiming to do the best mitigation they can. 

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Of course I dont know for sure, I'm speculating the same as anyone else is. I just don't understand why UEFA, having already sold too many tickets, would scrap the whole thing and start again. They'll just re-ballot existing ticket holders as they'll clearly already have sold enough tickets to fill the limited capacity. It would be an unnecessary, overly costly and complicated process to scrap everything and start again. Especially at this short notice. 

And that's before you have several thousand legitimately pissed off people who, having already gone through a ballot process and sat with a significant amount of money in limbo for over a year, then get bumped to the end of a queue for some loser with a massive collection of obscure cap badges. 

The wording of the emails ticket holders have already received over the past few months os significant. Even after they revised their Ts and Cs there was no mention at all of reduced capacities requiring a cancellation of the entire process. If there was, everyone would have cancelled and we wouldn't have this problem. 

It makes more sense to piss off a day tripper who fancied a day out as opposed to the fans who invest a lot of money going to matches to a mass points on the off chance we get to major tournaments.

The SFA will be acutely aware of that also and will surely be on the SSC's side. Some might just think what's the point? and just pack it in. I certainly know a few who feel that way. 

It makes more sense to piss off a day tripper who fancied a day out as opposed to the fans who invest a lot of money going to matches to a mass points on the off chance we get to major tournaments.
The SFA will be acutely aware of that also and will surely be on the SSC's side. Some might just think what's the point? and just pack it in. I certainly know a few who feel that way. 
I completely agree with everything you've said but I honestly don't know what the SFA can do about it.

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Folk go to friendlies in Luxembourg et al for the craic, the points thing is a bonus. If people genuinely spend hundreds of pounds going all over the place to possibly have a chance at a ticket for a big game at some unspecified time in the future, then they have bigger problems than not getting a Euros ticket.

Insinuating that those who havent amassed enough points are somehow less deserving is nonsense. Plenty folk would love to go to more games but use their limited money on family holidays etc. They arent 'daytrippers'. 

The point here of course is that there would normally be provision for both these groups. This isnt a normal situation. 

The people who bought tickets in the general sale did so in the knowledge that Scotland were still a long way from qualifying, so you could say it would also be unfair to take away their tickets and give them to the SSC. I don't envy the decisions that UEFA and the SFA have to make, a lot of people are going to be unhappy either way.

22 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

And by day tripper you of course mean people who genuinely enjoy football and were happy to enter a ballot for tickets regardless of who reached the Euros, along with some willing to take the chance that Scotland would get there.

The SFA will be keen to ensure the SSC get some tickets but, as has been mentioned several times, it's down to UEFA to determine how tickets are sold, not the SFA.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Just now, Jaggy Snake said:

And by day tripper you of course mean people who genuinely enjoy football and wrre happy to enter a ballot for tickets regardless of who reached the Euros, along with some just happy to take the chance that Scotland would get there.

The SFA will be keen to ensure the SSC get some tickets but, as has been mentioned several times, it's down to UEFA to determine how tickets are sold, not the SFA.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. They can go to a ballot but the SSC should still be getting a percentage - no matter the capacity. IF they were due 20% of 50k then that should be scaled down to 20% of whatever the capacity ends up as.