Euro 2020 tickets

On 24/03/2021 at 15:37, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

If anyone thinks UEFA are going to intentionally piss off people who have already bought and paid for tickets, for no other reason than to then give those same tickets to Scotland Supporters Club members, then I have some magic beans to sell you. 

Particularly when those folks (me included) include paid up SSC members. 

In this world of Covid you would expect a decision to be made over travelling fans. 

Hard enough to get the Scot Gov to allow local fans into Hampden. Do you think any Gov to allow thousands of away fans to travel ?

Not going to happen. 

A lot will depend on what capacity the Scot Gov agree to. Clearly if they don’t Hampden won’t be staging any matches. 

If they allow 35% or 16-17,000. Then one wonders how many tickets would become available assuming the Croatia and Czech fans are not allowed to travel ? 

Picture should be clearer in the next few weeks. 

It seems to be fairly widely accepted that travelling fans won't be allowed - if the games go ahead at Hampden I'd expect the crowd to be made up entirely of UK residents, though of course that could still mean a handful of Czech or Croatian fans.

I fully expect there to be no "travelling" fans, but like Craig says, that could mean Czech and Croatian fans based in the UK could still attend.  What would happen with segregation in that case, given that, by definition, there shouldn't be any fans other than "home" and "neutrals"?  That could get interesting in the event that everyone's best fucking guy Kudela ends up starting for the Czechs, and said Czechs take offence at the abuse he'll undoubtedly get.

This is quite an awkward situation for everyone and I don’t see an easy solution for Eufa or the SFA. I

I’ve been in travel club for 20 years was unsuccessful in the ballot.  Part of the reason myself and my friends are in the club is the dream if we got to a tournament we would have a great chance of getting tickets.  

When the dust settles and the euros are over the majority of the fans who got tickets via the ballot aren’t going to be turning up for a World Cup qualifier against Macedonia on a Tuesday night in October or a friendly defeat  against Costa Rica on a Friday night in March.

Attendances at Hampden have already  been pretty shocking the past few years  and the travel club members help to boost this this season ticket sales etc.  I think a zero ticket allocation will leave a lot of members thinking what’s the actual point of the club and not renewing and if needed getting tickets via public sales etc.

One solution may be to allocate the 7000- 8000 tickets that members would have got combine these with those successful in the ballot then draw the 10000 or so from that.   

Theres also the fact that 10000 inside Hampden is going to be a really poor atmosphere anyway makes me think would it be better watching this in the pub or in a house with mates.

15 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

This is quite an awkward situation for everyone and I don’t see an easy solution for Eufa or the SFA. I

I’ve been in travel club for 20 years was unsuccessful in the ballot.  Part of the reason myself and my friends are in the club is the dream if we got to a tournament we would have a great chance of getting tickets.  

When the dust settles and the euros are over the majority of the fans who got tickets via the ballot aren’t going to be turning up for a World Cup qualifier against Macedonia on a Tuesday night in October or a friendly defeat  against Costa Rica on a Friday night in March.

Attendances at Hampden have already  been pretty shocking the past few years  and the travel club members help to boost this this season ticket sales etc.  I think a zero ticket allocation will leave a lot of members thinking what’s the actual point of the club and not renewing and if needed getting tickets via public sales etc.

One solution may be to allocate the 7000- 8000 tickets that members would have got combine these with those successful in the ballot then draw the 10000 or so from that.   

Theres also the fact that 10000 inside Hampden is going to be a really poor atmosphere anyway makes me think would it be better watching this in the pub or in a house with mates.

id like to think if these were ordinary times loyalty to scotland via the SSC would have had its reward upon qualification for a tournament.but these arent ordinary times,just our luck to qualify for a tournament we cant attend

On 26/03/2021 at 16:20, forameus said:

I fully expect there to be no "travelling" fans, but like Craig says, that could mean Czech and Croatian fans based in the UK could still attend.  What would happen with segregation in that case, given that, by definition, there shouldn't be any fans other than "home" and "neutrals"?  That could get interesting in the event that everyone's best fucking guy Kudela ends up starting for the Czechs, and said Czechs take offence at the abuse he'll undoubtedly get.

In general at these tournaments there is no segregation as such anyway. 

the two national associations fan groups get a block of tickets at either end and a few at the side and the rest go to the general sale

I was at Poland v Japan in 2018 in Volgograd (A shite game) and we had a block of Japanese fans below us but the seats in our row were all Polish with the odd Russian and us. 

There were certainly be a lot of Czech fans at that game at Hampden who have Scottish addresses and purchased tickets via UEFA.

It looks like sturgeon will allow fans for Scotland v Croatia. Not looking so great for Scotland v Czech Republic. There was a link to a record article on bbc gossip column yesterday where sturgeon was interviewed

On 28/03/2021 at 07:55, stuart87 said:

With the way numbers (vaccination, hospital, ICU, death) are going just now, we should be pushing for full stadiums by June. Then everyone in the SSC and everyone who got a ticket through the ballot can go. Easy.

FWIW, ICU admissions haven't fallen in almost a month, and neither has the number of cases or the percentage positive. It has to be worrying that the rate of infection isn't falling over a prolonged period during a proper lockdown.

June still a long way away and I hope you're right, but I'm much less optimistic than I was a month ago.

On 28/03/2021 at 00:45, RobbieD said:

I bought tickets from the UEFA site so I'm not worried about my SSC membership in the slightest right now.

Uefa will more than likely re ballot the tickets that have been bought already and give a percentage to the SSC. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

FWIW, ICU admissions haven't fallen in almost a month, and neither has the number of cases or the percentage positive. It has to be worrying that the rate of infection isn't falling over a prolonged period during a proper lockdown.

June still a long way away and I hope you're right, but I'm much less optimistic than I was a month ago.

I'm not sure where you're plucking those figures from, because they're quite patently not true based on what I'm seeing.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

The 7 day rolling average of ICU admissions on 1st March was 5, and the most recent date (19th March) has it at 3. That looks like a drop in admissions to me. The number of patients in ICU has gone from 71 on 1st March to 42 on 16th March to 23 yesterday.

The 7 day rolling average of test positivity is gradually decreasing - it was 3.8% on 1st March, 3.3% on 16th March and is 2.6% now. The number of people being tested is creeping up too (18,830 to 20,338 to 22,215) which obviously accounts partly for the slightly slower drop off in cases.

The case rates haven't decreased a great deal, partly due to the increased testing outlined above and most likely partly due to schools reopening, but we're seeing clear evidence that the vaccines are causing a break in the chain between cases and hospitalisations and deaths. The bottom graph shows the case rates dropping substantially for the most vaccinated groups too (8.4 per 100k to 2.6 per 100k for 85+), while staying roughly steady for the younger age groups (15 per 100k to 15.2 per 100k for 20-24 year olds).

If there is crowds at Hampden, the ticket split will still be the same as before Scotland will get 15% of Allocation.

The tickets that have been bought through Uefa will either be refunded or will be another ballot for them. 

I have got tickets for both home games through Uefa but im not confident that i will get to use them. 

Just got to hope the Government allow a good percentage in at the ground. 

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure where you're plucking those figures from, because they're quite patently not true based on what I'm seeing.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

The 7 day rolling average of ICU admissions on 1st March was 5, and the most recent date (19th March) has it at 3. That looks like a drop in admissions to me. The number of patients in ICU has gone from 71 on 1st March to 42 on 16th March to 23 yesterday.

The 7 day rolling average of test positivity is gradually decreasing - it was 3.8% on 1st March, 3.3% on 16th March and is 2.6% now. The number of people being tested is creeping up too (18,830 to 20,338 to 22,215) which obviously accounts partly for the slightly slower drop off in cases.

The case rates haven't decreased a great deal, partly due to the increased testing outlined above and most likely partly due to schools reopening, but we're seeing clear evidence that the vaccines are causing a break in the chain between cases and hospitalisations and deaths. The bottom graph shows the case rates dropping substantially for the most vaccinated groups too (8.4 per 100k to 2.6 per 100k for 85+), while staying roughly steady for the younger age groups (15 per 100k to 15.2 per 100k for 20-24 year olds).

I "plucked" them from the Public Health Scotland dashboard, showing everything I said is right.

As for increased tests, the test positivity rate has only fallen slightly in a month so it's still evident that the level of infection is remaining stubbornly slow to drop. 

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 12.01.32.png

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 12.01.50.png

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 12.02.42.png

Even the graphs you've shown there contradict the points you made in the original post - the number of ICU admissions is decreasing, and the percentage positive is also decreasing. Therefore the statements "ICU admissions haven't fallen in almost a month" and "neither has the...percentage positive" are completely false.

And on the numbers not really going down, we can talk about how we're in a lockdown, but take a look outside.  It's clear that for weeks now that a lot of people are being lax with rules.  Of course, when things reopen then the people that are sticking to them will join that group, but given how busy the roads are, and how there's only really a basic level of compliance, the numbers we're getting look better.

Also plus 1 on that Travelling Tabby website.  The main tracker is great, but that one shows things a lot clearer, much better presented.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

I "plucked" them from the Public Health Scotland dashboard, showing everything I said is right.

As for increased tests, the test positivity rate has only fallen slightly in a month so it's still evident that the level of infection is remaining stubbornly slow to drop. 

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 12.01.32.png

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 12.01.50.png

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 12.02.42.png

You’ve literally posted evidence to disprove your own points.

Brain capacity of a sandwich IMO.

10 hours ago, the tactician said:

If there is crowds at Hampden, the ticket split will still be the same as before Scotland will get 15% 

Why would UEFA do that when they have already oversold the games? Surely it makes more sense from their perspective to piss off as few people who already have tickets as possible.