Euro 2020 tickets

I wonder if tickets that have been bought through uefa already will be honoured if it’s a restricted crowd? I’m not sure how many that was for each game. That would eat into any potential tartan army quota I suppose. Hopefully I’ll be able to use my tickets

I wonder if tickets that have been bought through uefa already will be honoured if it’s a restricted crowd? I’m not sure how many that was for each game. That would eat into any potential tartan army quota I suppose. Hopefully I’ll be able to use my tickets
I wonder how many they initially sold when it was the application ballot. I luckily got tickets for the two Scotland games in the cheap seats. They'd have been banking on a large number of fans returning tickets last month, but I don't know anyone who actually did.

We'd need to know the numbers allowed. I'm guessing 10,000 if it does happen? Would the SSC get any if this is the case? There's going to be disappointed people no matter what happens, fans or no fans. Being completely selfish, I really hope I can go either as a SSC member on 14 points, or with the UEFA tickets. Would be furious to miss out especially as I live a 10 minute walk from Hampden too!

The way things are going, and from the language used by Sturgeon, Freeman, and the CMO, I do think we'll have fans there. They are just being overly cautious about the topic when questioned about it.

I wonder how many they initially sold when it was the application ballot. I luckily got tickets for the two Scotland games in the cheap seats. They'd have been banking on a large number of fans returning tickets last month, but I don't know anyone who actually did.

We'd need to know the numbers allowed. I'm guessing 10,000 if it does happen? Would the SSC get any if this is the case? There's going to be disappointed people no matter what happens, fans or no fans. Being completely selfish, I really hope I can go either as a SSC member on 14 points, or with the UEFA tickets. Would be furious to miss out especially as I live a 10 minute walk from Hampden too!

The way things are going, and from the language used by Sturgeon, Freeman, and the CMO, I do think we'll have fans there. They are just being overly cautious about the topic when questioned about it.

There are so many question marks. It would be good to have some form of clarity either way for folk who have already purchased tickets. Like you say it would be interesting to know the numbers for tickets sold through uefa or how many Scottish residents have secured tickets at least. Well just have to bide our time I suppose.

I’ve got 3/4 Hampden games but no chance of getting tickets through ssc as I think I’ve only got about 4 points

4 hours ago, Gdog85 said:

There are so many question marks. It would be good to have some form of clarity either way for folk who have already purchased tickets. Like you say it would be interesting to know the numbers for tickets sold through uefa or how many Scottish residents have secured tickets at least. Well just have to bide our time I suppose.

I’ve got 3/4 Hampden games but no chance of getting tickets through ssc as I think I’ve only got about 4 points

I've got 11 points i'm guaranteed tickets through the SSC. 

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You're quite obviously not guaranteed anything given that we don't know how many fans will be allowed and how they'll deal with the already sold tickets.

Regardless of how many can attend, supporters club members should really be top of the list - that goes for every respective FA. I know I'd be incredibly pissed off if I've built up points over the course of years, spending a lot of money in the process, just for somebody in to get tickets without stepping foot in Hampden before. 

Covid or not, that would stink.

Regardless of how many can attend, supporters club members should really be top of the list - that goes for every respective FA. I know I'd be incredibly pissed off if I've built up points over the course of years, spending a lot of money in the process, just for somebody in to get tickets without stepping foot in Hampden before. 
Some people may not be able to afford being members of a supporters club or buying tickets on a regular basis. With this in mind, and in non covid circumstances, a % should be opened up to less privileged people, at discounted rates, for a tournament of this magnitude.

27 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Yes, the SFA will quite rightly prioritise SSC members for the tickets that they are allocated to sell. However, not all tickets for the game are allocated to the SFA - in normal times they'd only get an allocation the same as every other country, regardless of being a host venue, with the other tickets being sold by the Czech/Croatian FAs and by UEFA. Clearly with no fans from outside the UK likely to be allowed, there won't be (m)any away tickets sold. However, UEFA have already sold plenty of their tickets and it's not at all clear what will happen with those.

23 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
46 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Some people may not be able to afford being members of a supporters club or buying tickets on a regular basis. With this in mind, and in non covid circumstances, a % should be opened up to less privileged people, at discounted rates, for a tournament of this magnitude.

Disagree, I'm hardly swimming with cash but invested in trips to watch Scotland with occasions like this in the back of mind knowing that it should put me in a good position to get tickets. I think anybody else who has done the same would have a similar point of view.

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Disagree, I'm hardly swimming with cash but invested in trips to watch Scotland with occasions like this in the back of mind knowing that it should put me in a good position to get tickets. I think anybody else who has done the same would have a similar point of view.

Yeah, to be honest, have to agree.  There's plenty of people, of all kinds of wealth, who have organised their life around following Scotland to every dark corner of the world. The points system probably isn't perfect, but those people deserve first shot at tickets if they become available.

33 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
56 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

You ever bought tickets for anything?  Can almost guarantee in that situation that it wouldn't be the "less privileged people" that ended up with the tickets in that case, short of Maxwell walking around handing named tickets to any jakey he finds.

You ever bought tickets for anything?  Can almost guarantee in that situation that it wouldn't be the "less privileged people" that ended up with the tickets in that case, short of Maxwell walking around handing named tickets to any jakey he finds.
I wasn't refering to myself tbh, I have been to quite a few Scotland games over the years. Was just thinking that due to it being the Euros, then there may have been some allocation for certain less fortunate demographics. That's all.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
24 minutes ago, forameus said:

I wasn't refering to myself tbh, I have been to quite a few Scotland games over the years. Was just thinking that due to it being the Euros, then there may have been some allocation for certain less fortunate demographics. That's all.

I'm afraid it's pretty much the opposite. If i get tickets, it will comfortably be the most expensive tickets I've ever bought. 

20 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
43 minutes ago, forameus said:

I wasn't meaning you, I'm more referring to how they'd be distributed.  Unless they were directly being handed to people that usually wouldn't get a chance (and I wouldn't be entirely against them giving a token amount of tickets to groups of people that deserve a wee bit of cheering up after this shite year) then it'd just be a sale dominated by scalpers or the rich.  

15 hours ago, Gdog85 said:

If you ask for clarity now then it's going to get cancelled or played behind closed doors. By far the best chance of getting it at Hampden, and as many fans as possible, is to push the deadline for a decision as far back as we can. We need time to get rates down and vaccination up, it's far too soon to know where we'll be in June. There's no benefit in an early decision just for the sake of resolving doubt.

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I think it's fine saying the supporters club should get 7,000 tickets, or whatever it is, and that if numbers have to be reduced then it's the public ballot tickets that should be cut first. And I say that as someone who got tickets in the public ballot. But I don't think everyone in the supporters club should be in front of everyone who isn't - I don't think someone that went to one away game years ago should be ahead of folk that go to every home game and don't need to bother with the supporters club.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, forameus said:

The cheapest tickets are £50 and there are no concessions, so I doubt we're going to see many unemployed folk at the games. I hate the ticket prices but not enough people care about them.

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If you ask for clarity now then it's going to get cancelled or played behind closed doors. By far the best chance of getting it at Hampden, and as many fans as possible, is to push the deadline for a decision as far back as we can. We need time to get rates down and vaccination up, it's far too soon to know where we'll be in June. There's no benefit in an early decision just for the sake of resolving doubt.

I think it's fine saying the supporters club should get 7,000 tickets, or whatever it is, and that if numbers have to be reduced then it's the public ballot tickets that should be cut first. And I say that as someone who got tickets in the public ballot. But I don't think everyone in the supporters club should be in front of everyone who isn't - I don't think someone that went to one away game years ago should be ahead of folk that go to every home game and don't need to bother with the supporters club.

The cheapest tickets are £50 and there are no concessions, so I doubt we're going to see many unemployed folk at the games. I hate the ticket prices but not enough people care about them.

The one positive of the system is that points are only valid from the last 10 away matches and last 10 home matches. In normal times that would cover somewhere between 2 or 3 years worth of games so it genuinely does rewards those who have attended recently.