Euro 2020 tickets

36 minutes ago, Juan Mata said:

100 percent sure. For hosts it is either two or three at home. If both paired hosts qualify directly (ie. Through conventional qualifying groups) it is a toss between the two for the match between them. If one paired host qualifies directly and the other through playoff the one who qualified directly gets the three home matches (therefore England in this scenario over Scotland).

These documents below from last week explain it all although it's been mentioned for awhile among the many forums.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/EURO/02/62/53/02/2625302_DOWNLOAD.pdf

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/EURO/02/62/53/04/2625304_DOWNLOAD.pdf

These are the new rules though, from last week. Before then it wasn't decided whether a directly-qualifying nation would get three home matches in the even of their paired country not qualifying directly.

41 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Haven't the tickets for all of those games already been sold? Why would there be extra ones?

When the last sales phase ended there were still tickets available in the higher price categories for most, if not all, of the group and last 16 games at Hampden and Wembley.

These are the new rules though, from last week. Before then it wasn't decided whether a directly-qualifying nation would get three home matches in the even of their paired country not qualifying directly.
Yes but it was largely accepted within the community that this was going to be the case. In this example it used the term "qualify directly" to differentiate over qualify which may have been ambiguous but you 90% knew exactly what they meant.

The only one I had never heard before was the rule about was that if one host qualifies through playoff and the other paired host is already eliminated then the playoff team will still get three group matches at home, although this is unlikely at the moment for most groups apart from maybe at a stretch Group C/F if Holland/Germany played in the playoff and Romania/Hungary missed out directly and then also were pushed out of playoff contention by teams ranked lower than them qualifying directly (for example Slovenia).

Just now, Juan Mata said:

Yes but it was largely accepted within the community that this was going to be the case. In this example it used the term "qualify directly" to differentiate over qualify which may have been ambiguous but you 90% knew exactly what they meant.

The only one I had never heard before was the rule about was that if one host qualifies through playoff and the other paired host is already eliminated then the playoff team will still get three group matches at home, although this is unlikely at the moment for most groups apart from maybe at a stretch Group C/F if Holland/Germany played in the playoff and Romania/Hungary missed out directly and then also were pushed out of playoff contention by teams ranked lower than them qualifying directly (for example Slovenia).

Ok, ta.

• 1 month later...
On 08/10/2019 at 08:37, Latino Lover said:

Does anyone know if you can sell back part of your tickets for one game as I’ve got three for last 16 in Bilbao but only need two?

Bit late reply, but you should be able to in the Spring when they set up a ticket resale hub. In other news there's going to be a general public sale as well as for members of national associations next month. When I logged on to the ticket site to check they asked for my passport number, so probably worth logging on so you're ready when the time comes

• 2 weeks later...

Had a feeling the middle game would be Wembley.

We keep saying it but if these c***s can somehow get the finger out and qualify, they’ll never have a better chance of progressing in a major tournament - and that’s  despite two of the continent’s best teams being in Group D.

45 minutes ago, microdave said:

Have the kick off times been announced yet? I've got tickets for the second and third games at Hampden but I've got a work clash for the Friday game so I can't get the day off. Hoping it'll be an evening kick off.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/02/63/56/69/2635669_DOWNLOAD.pdf

EURO 2020 Schedule.pdf