Euro 2020 tickets

I agree. Sounds like UEFA making a c**t of it again.

I wrote to UEFA yesterday expressing my unhappiness with their ticketing arrangements. To their credit they replied, saying that as some fans didn't pay for their tickets, unsuccessful and partially successful applicants that were next in line in the lottery results were contacted and given an opportunity to purchase those tickets.

In summary

UEFA: “you’ve no tickets? Tough shite” “You only got a few tickets? Awwwww, have some more”

2 hours ago, charger29 said:

Looks like all Cat 3 gone for Hampden in this round.

Got the email yesterday and waited briefly before giving up, as the red bar had barely moved. I've already got some  tickets anyway.

Tried this morning and got through immediately. Spotted a last 16 at Hampden 'from €50' plus a load of Baku stuff, but when I clicked through it was only cat 1 and 2 tickets. Could have had a 1/4 final in Baku for €30 mind you.

Edited by The Mantis

2 minutes ago, George Parr said:

And spend the cost of a prime seat at the final trying to get there.

Not necessarily, Wizz Air fly direct from Budapest for around £100 return. Beginning to regret not going for Bucharest, Budapest and Baku. Booking flights before the lottery was dumb, as was trusting the demand graphics on the site. Just hoping for some luck for Munich in the Spring resale site now.

Could have had a 1/4 final in Baku for €30 mind you.

Plus God knows how much on flights.
I wonder if this could be the final nail in the Azerbaijani sporting coffin (for a while). Probably not given the amount of money they're throwing at it.
They seem to be trying to host every sporting event going just now.

Gave in and bought a 30 euro seat for the third group game in Baku. Not sure if I can make it but hopefully I'll be able to sell it on if not.
I hope for your sake that group turns out to be Italy, Belgium, Finland and Wales! You'll get that Munich quarter no problems judging by how enthusiastic you already are. Anyone who spends enough time around the forums will get any match they want (with a small asterisk next to the final, a little tougher to get without overpaying a higher category).

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I wrote to UEFA yesterday expressing my unhappiness with their ticketing arrangements. To their credit they replied, saying that as some fans didn't pay for their tickets, unsuccessful and partially successful applicants that were next in line in the lottery results were contacted and given an opportunity to purchase those tickets.

In summary

UEFA: “you’ve no tickets? Tough shite” “You only got a few tickets? Awwwww, have some more”

However they've arsed it up, it wasn't that; in the ballot I applied for all four Hampden games, the opening match and final and got nothing. This time I got the email and it offered me all four Hampden matches and everything in Baku.

It's interesting that I didn't get offered the chance to buy anything else, but others here are saying that they did.

Sorry you didn't even get the chance this time, that sucks. I'm not saying I'd join your anti-UEFA terror group but I might do some propaganda work for you.*

* For the benefit of the 14 intelligence and policing agencies reading this, we're joking and we eschew all violence and paramilitary activity.

Found the e-mail in my junk folder this morning.

Was lucky enough to get 4 x 50 euro tickets for the last group game at Hampden.

Hopefully it's not England v Scotland at Wembley that day.....

Looked at the Baku games which were all offered, then checked flights, then forgot about going to Baku.

I already have tickets for the last group game and the last 16 game at Hampden (the 'cheap' seats) but really cannot justify buying the other two group games at €125 a ticket. If Scotland make it and play the last group game away from Hampden, I'll be fuming.

5 minutes ago, Latino Lover said:

It’s annoying trying to plan when no ko times are out sort from 1:4 finals onwards. Could have less than 48 hours to get from Bilbao to Glasgow with no direct flights. Nearest Airport I can find going to Glasgow is bordeaux. 

If it's Sunday the 21st of June you are thinking about, the 2020 schedules aren't out yet but this summer it looks like Easyjet has a direct flight Bilbao to Edinburgh so it could be an option later (September according to their website).

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I've forgiven UEFA. I just got 2 tickets for the game at Hampden on Friday the 19th. 125 Euros a piece is a bit steep, but if we make it I won't give a single f**k about that.

Ive just been taken straight through to that as well.  Any three of the Hampden games at 125 a pop.

Not sure what to do.  Probably get 2 for the 19th as well if you're going.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ive just been taken straight through to that as well.  Any three of the Hampden games at 125 a pop.

Not sure what to do.  Probably get 2 for the 19th as well if you're going.

I assume then that it only offers tickets for games you originally applied for? This was the only game it had available for me.

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

In summary

I was one of those who didn't pay as I didn't get the games I wanted to make the trip overseas worthwhile - they sent me the email.

32 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I assume then that it only offers tickets for games you originally applied for? This was the only game it had available for me.

Nope, I never went anywhere near tickets for Baku and I was offered availability for at least one game there.

I applied for Bucharest, London, Copenhagen and Glasgow and had an availability list of those venues but with Baku swapping in for Copenhagen.

38 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I did try for these before.

Anyway got a couple of tickets so see you there.

The overpriced, under quality(Assuming Heineken are the sponsors) beers are on me.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Nope, I never went anywhere near tickets for Baku and I was offered availability for at least one game there.

I applied for Bucharest, London, Copenhagen and Glasgow and had an availability list of those venues but with Baku swapping in for Copenhagen.

Strange. This was the only game showing for me. Boy I work with had applied for a load, got none, and hasn’t had an offer on anything at this point.