Euro 2020 tickets

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'd suspect it's probably not that elaborate. If you tried to use the same address, card or passport number in more than 1 application the system presumably flags it as a multiple account.

Imagine being that desperate to go to some non-event of a game that you felt the need to create multiple accounts.

Beginning to hope the outcome is delayed for UEFA to seriously look at weeding out multiple applications. Don't see much wrong with say, if there's four of you looking to go, and each of you apply on behalf of you all for the games you want, and hopefully getting them within the 4 applications. But there are people on that forum I linked above putting in 50 applications on their own behalf by slightly changing spellings etc, and another talking about "using different tools, scanners and all other sorts of help in FCFS", whatever the f**k that means. Touts will probably be doing that x1000. Not that I haven't jumped a queue before, just wish I'd known the score before my solitary application.

Edited by welshbairn

Beginning to hope the outcome is delayed for UEFA to seriously look at weeding out multiple applications. Don't see much wrong with say, if there's four of you looking to go, and each of you apply on behalf of you all for the games you want, and hopefully getting them within the 4 applications. But there are people on that forum I linked above putting in 50 applications on their own behalf by slightly changing spellings etc, and another talking about "using different tools, scanners and all other sorts of help in FCFS", whatever the f**k that means. Touts will probably be doing that x1000. Not that I haven't jumped a queue before, just wish I'd known the score before my solitary application.
As long as uefa get the money for the tickets cant see them bothering about the application system,I only applied for 6 games in total so I guess I'll be lucky to pick up tickets even with the draw being random.

17 minutes ago, kevthedee said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

As long as uefa get the money for the tickets cant see them bothering about the application system,I only applied for 6 games in total so I guess I'll be lucky to pick up tickets even with the draw being random.

Only thing for them is people making loads of applications and only paying for one set of tickets, which means having to hold other ballots for all the returned tickets, presumably. Not sure how it works. Or if tickets are ID checked at the grounds.

59 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Or if tickets are ID checked at the grounds.

Quite unrealistic to check ID of thousands of people matching up to tickets.  All people really want is that the ticket is valid and genuine and to get people through as efficiently as possible.  Especially if they go the same route as previous UEFA events where the same name of the primary account user is printed on every ticket of that order.  

2 minutes ago, Juan Mata said:

Quite unrealistic to check ID of thousands of people matching up to tickets.  All people really want is that the ticket is valid and genuine and to get people through as efficiently as possible.  Especially if they go the same route as previous UEFA events where the same name of the primary account user is printed on every ticket of that order.  

Should be fine buying a ticket off someone with a spare then. Cool.

11 hours ago, Juan Mata said:

There are nations already doing this, and its becoming more common. Wales had 300 fans denied entry in Hungary because the name on the ticket did not match their ID. Its something UEFA are looking at implementing further down the line.

15 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

There are nations already doing this, and its becoming more common. Wales had 300 fans denied entry in Hungary because the name on the ticket did not match their ID. Its something UEFA are looking at implementing further down the line.

Agree, I think it is the same in Italy and am wondering if they will do this for the Rome matches at Euro.  But for the most part it is just not possible to check everyone, nor deny half the crowd entry and have that many empty seats and angry boozed up fans outside the ground.  

2 minutes ago, Juan Mata said:

Agree, I think it is the same in Italy and am wondering if they will do this for the Rome matches at Euro.  But for the most part it is just not possible to check everyone, nor deny half the crowd entry and have that many empty seats and angry boozed up fans outside the ground.  

Random checks might provide enough of a disincentive, especially for the selling on market and considering the price of tickets.

13 hours ago, Juan Mata said:

Germany have laws for this.  Any gig you go to has your name on the ticket, and your ID is checked at the door.  Doesn't stop people touting tickets, but I suspect it stops a lot of poor people who fall for it from getting in.  Usually these gigs are organised well enough and with enough staff that these checks aren't a big issue.  Can only imagine here that they'd open like one turnstile and have one guy checking IDs, but shouldn't be like that on the continent.

It's a good thing.  Anything that goes some way to stopping people touting tickets is a good thing.  Then just offer a decent and robust ticket reselling service for those that genuinely can't go.  I've got 6 tickets for a gig in Cardiff next Summer that I probably won't need all of.  They'll be getting sold on those exchanges at face, because f**k being a wee tout gimp.

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The people on that forum aren't that bad.  My friend swears by them though and had used that place quite a few times over the years to get a bunch of us tickets for France 2016 and for the Brazil and Russia World Cups.  They have a zero tout policy and it becomes a popular place to buy and trade tickets when it gets a bit closer to the tournament all at face value.  

and another talking about "using different tools, scanners and all other sorts of help in FCFS", whatever the f**k that means.

FCFS refers to 'first come first serve', one of the names of a sales phase in the past where tickets are added to the ticket portal sporadically and whoever adds them to their cart first and pays gets the ticket(s) - for example for EURO2020 this will happen from March onwards when the resale tickets are sold on the website.  Appears straightforward, but in the heat of the moment when there are many people trying for the same tickets it can become a little tougher and a long drawn out process.    

The "tools/scanners" refers to anything such as a refresh plug-in on your web browser, editing scripts to display slightly different information on the ticket web page, an app that notifies you via email or sms when tickets are added to the website, a browser plugin that can let you force add to cart at a time when you know tickets are being added but there is a lag in what is displayed versus what is able to be carted, a ticket browser that can automatically cart your specified match category and quantity etc.  Sounds a little unbelievable I'd agree!

15 minutes ago, Juan Mata said:

The people on that forum aren't that bad.  My friend swears by them though and had used that place quite a few times over the years to get a bunch of us tickets for France 2016 and for the Brazil and Russia World Cups.  They have a zero tout policy and it becomes a popular place to buy and trade tickets when it gets a bit closer to the tournament all at face value.  

No, they seem ok. Definitely not a good idea to piss them off by getting all holier than thou! If I fail on this ballot I'm hoping the resale of unaccepted offers will be fairly soon, and if I fail on that too it looks like the place to go. 

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No, they seem ok. Definitely not a good idea to piss them off by getting all holier than thou! If I fail on this ballot I'm hoping the resale of unaccepted offers will be fairly soon, and if I fail on that too it looks like the place to go. 

Everyone is getting a little impatient over the results so the discussions have become a little more heated lately.  On that topic of multiple applications it does seem like everyone draws their own line in the sand over what is acceptable to them, for example for some the limit is everyone in your group applying (eg two or four), for others it is this plus using your family members names, for others it is however many they can be bothered doing - when in reality the rule is one and one only.   After this come the moral debates, justifications and excuses.  Then once the results are out it is all insignificant.  Also the one bloke you were talking about that said he had made 50+ applications is a bit of a cowboy who likes to speak his mind and joke around so I wouldn't worry about it all too much.  

A lot of people apply for multiple tickets which they then give to friends who accompany them to the games. Same name is on all tickets but they may not all enter the ground at exactly the same time. Having to specify which 3 pals will be going with you when buying tickets seems a bit Orwellian.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

A lot of people apply for multiple tickets which they then give to friends who accompany them to the games. Same name is on all tickets but they may not all enter the ground at exactly the same time. Having to specify which 3 pals will be going with you when buying tickets seems a bit Orwellian.

Worthwhile price to pay to stop the touts imo. The black market ticket prices will zoom up when it's known who's playing who, where and when.

Edited by welshbairn

Worthwhile price to pay to stop the touts imo. The black market ticket prices will zoom up when it's known who's playing who, where and when.

Sounds a shite state of affairs. Far too organised. I’m out. I hated the idea of ID cards too. It shouldn’t be that hard to link the original purchases to individual passport numbers. No more than 4 per passport.