Euro 2020 tickets

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Any update on when I will find out how much I owe them, or is it still "Mid August at the latest"?

Hoping to hear before as they said the draw would be late July. 19.3 million balls are a lot to sort though. No updates from UEFA as yet.

Edited by welshbairn

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Hoping to hear before as they said the draw would be late July. 19.3 million balls are a lot to sort though. No updates from UEFA as yet.

UEFA warm our balls please

Has to be porkies. Plus someone should tell him how to read the schedule as an England vs. Wales R16 in Glasgow requires Wales to qualify then top Spain's group and see England come third along with a few other combinations of other group results which is a pretty strange thing to predict in a tickets post this early. I'd say once someone hears something we will know and it's likely to appear in the ticket portal too. Fingers crossed we all get some good news soon!

Getting impatient now! This guy seems to know what he's talking about. Beginning to wish I'd made multiple applications. 

I've been going to these events for years so I believe I know the process quite well. I would expect the lottery results either Friday or Monday with a 7 or 10 day pay period and then a final warning to pay for them with another 2 or 3 day grace period. 

As for 19 million applications that is misleading. It does not mean there were 19 million applications it means 19 million tickets were requested. So, if the average application requested 20 tickets it would mean there were approximately 1 million applications. A high total, no doubt, but not as daunting. Since every game you apply for goes into a separate lottery and not your entire application this gives you more opportunities.

UEFA has also indicated there are nearly double the tickets available for EURO 2020 than for France 2016 so that also helps. I believe the number was 1.5 million. If those numbers are correct then 1.5 available divided by 19.3 available means about 7% percent success rate.

Of course games like the Final, popular cities(London, Munich, Amsterdam) and the category you applied for make a big difference in your chances. For example, if you applied for Baku I think you are almost guaranteed to get lucky while applying for the Final, Munich or London games etc less so. Alternately, a huge number of people, myself included, applied for Category 3(cheapest ticket) and not Category 1. Those choosing Cat 1 tickets will statistically have a greater chance given less requests.

Additionally, since there is no need to provide a credit card for prepayment on these applications lots of people will apply and either choose their "best application" if they are successful or simply not pay when they see the total owed. This means there should be many tickets available for additional sales phases.

My apologies for being long winded but in a nutshell I think a lot of you will be more successful than you think once the results are out. If not, plenty of other buying opportunities ahead. Best of luck.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/euro-2020-tickets-thread.2102640/page-15#post-38030887

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Even though there was no credit card info taken I'm sure you give passport details so how can you make multiple applications?

Can't remember if they asked for passport details or not, but maybe there's no block on multiple applications? The other posters on that forum seemed to think multiple applications was the norm.

Edited by welshbairn

20 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

By multiple applications do they  not just just mean applying for multiple games. 

I applied for x2 tickets for 3 games, that would count as 3 applications? (or even 6 if taking it to extremes)

Don't think so. They could be bullshitting of course, I just found the forum yesterday.

Douglas Campbell said: ↑
I too think it's going to be a cluster********. Lots of people have multiple applications. A lot of people will just pick their best application, and aren't going to buy 12 tickets to the same match. Other people won't remember to check their 5 alternate emails in what is going to have to be a 3 or 4 day window to pay at most. They will probably match tickets to applications one-for-one, so there will have to be multiple rounds of redraw. Maybe like 5-6. Doubt this gets decided by mid-august unless they give one day to pay, and give more successful applications than there are tickets, expecting attrition.

53 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can't remember if they asked for passport details or not, but maybe there's no block on multiple applications? The other posters on that forum seemed to think multiple applications was the norm.

Passport details don't really matter this early in the application round.  Say for example in many countries a passport has a ten year validity before you need to apply for a new one in order to travel.  Well in theory then there could be 10% of all people's passports expiring in the next year leading up to the tournament as we are applying a year beforehand.  Yes they say when you login that your information must be accurate and cannot be changed blah blah blah but it actually can just by contacting them closer to the time and providing the necessary proof of identity (this has been confirmed in that other forum linked).    

In terms of multiple applications, this can range from applying with real identities of all your family members and friends as seperate accounts to applying in multiple versions of yourself such as fudging details of name (eg. John Jon Jono Jimmy James Jonathan), date of birth made up or swapped (ie. americanised month then date),  a different address or formatted differently, passport number one digit or letter different/swapped, different IP address and part of the world, different bank card payment etc.  Not that difficult if you wanted to do these things.  No one knows what kind of  checks or controls UEFA have in place this time to prevent these sorts of things but they have worked in the past no problems according to other forums and people.  One may come in to problems if you ever have to deal with people face to face and couldn't prove a certain identity or if you are found out, but for a ballot application one year previous where tickets are then sent to your address much later (if this does happen instead of Mobile App ticketing that was also suggested) there wouldn't really be too many problems.  Not condoning this sort of behaviour though.  

Also the numbers and probabilities that other user is suggesting are a little off or very simplified but along the right track. 

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:12, RobbieD said:

Applied for one Hampden and 3 Wembley group games. Assuming if we qualify, we’ll play England at wembley

If both Scotland and England qualify, it'll be a toss of a coin to see if the game's at Hampden or Wembley.  Both countries are guaranteed min 2 games at home, but one of us will obviously have to have 3.

4 minutes ago, Shotts56 said:

If both Scotland and England qualify, it'll be a toss of a coin to see if the game's at Hampden or Wembley.  Both countries are guaranteed min 2 games at home, but one of us will obviously have to have 3.

If England and Scotland qualify directly it will go to the flip of the coin (or a draw) at the draw at the end of November.  But if for example Scotland qualify via the playoff at the end of March I think it is commonly suggested that the match between the two would be at Wembley in this situation (assuming England qualify directly).    

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'd suspect it's probably not that elaborate. If you tried to use the same address, card or passport number in more than 1 application the system presumably flags it as a multiple account.

Unlikely they could stop you getting multiple friends and family to apply on your behalf. Wish I'd done that now, just for the two fixtures I'm after.

28 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Starting to get a bit fucking annoying to be honest. Surely can't be that difficult to work it all out and tell people whether or not they have been successful?

I'd have thought you could do something like this using a computer system in a matter of minutes using a pretty basic algorithm.