Euro 2020 tickets

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Good life choice. Maybe I should suggest ‘move to the Highlands’ as a solution to drug addiction?

Sure, but don't talk to any Scousers, there seems to be a dealer caught on the A9 every week.

52 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's not so much defending it as not being surprised by it. It's a once every 4 years event, probably not happening again in the lifetimes of most people in the home cities.

It’s possible to be unsurprised while also recognising the prices are ripping the piss a bit.

They have punted up the price for side on tickets. In 2016 I'd applied, and was also succesful for 3 games,  for numerous side-on tickets for the games at Parc des Princes & Stade du France.

Tickets were €145.

For the games next year in Glasgow have applied for all 4 of them. Should Scotland qualify then will get an SSC ticket. Currently on 22 points.

I applied for a match in each of Amsterdam, Bilbao, Budapest, every Glasgow match + London knockouts.  Mostly CAT3 apart from Bilbao Saturday group match CAT2.  Not expecting to get the Amsterdam or London ones but would love to go to Bilbao for a weekend.  Fingers crossed now.  Best of luck to all.  

4 minutes ago, Neilly said:

You won't just get some of the games. Your application is for all games or nothing.

He probably will, he has to accept or refuse all he's offered, doesn't mean he won't just get offered one or two.

6 hours ago, Neilly said:

You won't just get some of the games. Your application is for all games or nothing.

I was under the impression that each match was drawn individually and you could be partially successful for some of the matches you apply for.  For example getting a quarter of the matches, or getting everything apart from the final.  Unless you were simply giving me your vote of confidence which in that case I tip my hat to you ;)

24 minutes ago, Juan Mata said:

I was under the impression that each match was drawn individually and you could be partially successful for some of the matches you apply for.  For example getting a quarter of the matches, or getting everything apart from the final.  Unless you were simply giving me your vote of confidence which in that case I tip my hat to you ;)

You can be successful for some and not for others, however, if you were to be successful for all Glasgow games, a game in Bilbao, and a game in London, you either have to pay for them all, or pay for none of them. You couldn't just say - I fancy 1 Glasgow, 1 London and 1 Bilbao and pick and choose. You either pay for them all or none.

9 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

You can be successful for some and not for others, however, if you were to be successful for all Glasgow games, a game in Bilbao, and a game in London, you either have to pay for them all, or pay for none of them. You couldn't just say - I fancy 1 Glasgow, 1 London and 1 Bilbao and pick and choose. You either pay for them all or none.

Of course as per the FAQ on the website.  It would be a pretty silly system otherwise if you could just pick and choose afterwards.  

14 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Given the left-wing nature of this website it’s alway a surprise to see so many people valiantly defending rip-off ticket prices quoting supply and demand.

I've never claimed to be left wing.

Anyway, what should UEFA do?  The tickets are already massively oversubscribed.  If they reduced the prices, they would be even more massively oversubscribed, meaning even more people would be disappointed.

Personally, I find it incredible that people who have followed their country for decades without seeing them in a major tournament, spending thousands of pounds, baulk at paying a couple of hundred pounds for a pretty good chance of seeing them in a tournament in their own country.

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

Each match has its own ballot, they don't ballot each application as a whole. The all or nothing idea is you need to buy all the tickets you win in the various ballots, or you can't get any of them. 

For example, if I applied for 6 games I'd go into 6 ballots. If I am successful in 5 ballots, I will be offered the chance to buy all 5 of those. I cannot select 4 of those 5, I would need to buy 5 or I'd get 0.

1 hour ago, Gnash said:

I've never claimed to be left wing.

Anyway, what should UEFA do?  The tickets are already massively oversubscribed.  If they reduced the prices, they would be even more massively oversubscribed, meaning even more people would be disappointed.

Personally, I find it incredible that people who have followed their country for decades without seeing them in a major tournament, spending thousands of pounds, baulk at paying a couple of hundred pounds for a pretty good chance of seeing them in a tournament in their own country.

We are charging €125/180 to do you a favour :blink:

Tickets are not massively oversubscribed. €50 tickets are for most venues, but that is only a small percentage of the stadium.

Because you travel to watch your team, that isn't an excuse to rip you off with ticket prices.  Do you even have a limit as to what you would pay? Personally if Scotland don't qualify I have zero appetite to spend oodles of cash watching Seribia v Austria at Hampden.

Live Football is a premium product now. It just is. Particularly an event with significant global interest like the euros. Look at comparable events in other sports and their pricing structures then come back to me. Look at big musical artists or theatre tickets and their relative pricing structures and you'll see the same thing. 

Of course it's overpriced if your benchmark is Scotland vs Costa Rica in a friendly. If your benchmark is world class entertainment, it's the going rate. You can choose to pay it or you can choose not to. Its genuinely baffling that so many don't seem to grasp this.