Euro 2020 tickets

Why are you so angry about this? If you'd rather sit at home and watch then it is no skin off UEFA's nose. Plenty of folk - like me - will have taken the view that their chances of seeing a major tournament on home soil in the future are pretty much zero and therefore the expense is justifiable. 

Yup. I put down for a couple of tickets at prices well above what I’d willingly spend on an ordinary international/club game. So what? It seems like a jolly good day out irrespective of who is playing.

1 minute ago, CountyFan said:

Why are you so angry about this? If you'd rather sit at home and watch then it is no skin off UEFA's nose. Plenty of folk - like me - will have taken the view that their chances of seeing a major tournament on home soil in the future are pretty much zero and therefore the expense is justifiable. 

if people want to contribute towards the on-going supporter rip-off from UEFA and FIFA then that is upto them, should Scotland qualify I'll take my chances with a €50 ticket via the SSC.  If we don't qualify then I won't be lining their pockets.

It's not anger to consider prices in the other categories to be a laughable rip-off (£110 for a seat that costs me £20-£25 for Scotland games, or £160 for a seat that costs £30) nor ask what the demand is for these areas :blink:

15 hours ago, GordonS said:

That's the club deck though, it would have been a lot less in the end stands.

That was the first time I'd missed any home qualifiers since the late 80s, when I was a kid. I was a poor student and it was a steep increase compared with the previous qualifiers.

Just dug out my ticket - £14 in Govan Rear

45 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

if people want to contribute towards the on-going supporter rip-off from UEFA and FIFA then that is upto them, should Scotland qualify I'll take my chances with a €50 ticket via the SSC.  If we don't qualify then I won't be lining their pockets.

It's not anger to consider prices in the other categories to be a laughable rip-off (£110 for a seat that costs me £20-£25 for Scotland games, or £160 for a seat that costs £30) nor ask what the demand is for these areas :blink:

If I get a €110 ticket it will have cost me significantly less than however much you've spent following Scotland around and accruing the necessary points. 

3 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

If I get a €110 ticket it will have cost me significantly less than however much you've spent following Scotland around and accruing the necessary points. 

And a hell of a lot less than going to Qatar.

I go to support Scotland, not acrue points, which are a handy benefit.

My season ticket for this campaign cost £90, the same seat costs £110 per match in the Euro group stages. Madness, but fill your boots.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I don't see how it's a 'rip off'.  You can choose to apply for tickets at any price level, and if enough people apply, the stadium will sell out.  You're not being forced to apply, there's no underhand tactics at play (none that are evident yet, at least).  

If the stadiums don't sell out after a couple of rounds of re-ticketing, UEFA may look a bit silly, but I doubt that will happen and it still wouldn't be a rip off.  

I applied for 2 tickets to each of 4 games at the highest price, so that's about £1300 if I get all of them.  Well worth it for the (almost certainly) once in a lifetime opportunity to watch my country play in a major tournament within a moderate travelling distance from where I live.

You obviously don't want to pay that much - fair enough, but that doesn't make it a rip off.

43 minutes ago, Gnash said:

I don't see how it's a 'rip off'.  You can choose to apply for tickets at any price level, and if enough people apply, the stadium will sell out.  You're not being forced to apply, there's no underhand tactics at play (none that are evident yet, at least).  

If the stadiums don't sell out after a couple of rounds of re-ticketing, UEFA may look a bit silly, but I doubt that will happen and it still wouldn't be a rip off.  

I applied for 2 tickets to each of 4 games at the highest price, so that's about £1300 if I get all of them.  Well worth it for the (almost certainly) once in a lifetime opportunity to watch my country play in a major tournament within a moderate travelling distance from where I live.

You obviously don't want to pay that much - fair enough, but that doesn't make it a rip off.

£160 for a North Stand seat isn't a rip-off? Aye OK :lol:

"rip-off definition: 1. something that is not worth what you pay for it"

Because you can and want to pay that price doesn't mean it's not rip-off pricing, which long term will continue to rise as UEFA/FIFA smell the money and push the boundaries.  Probably the most expensive tickets ever seen at Hampden for a football match.

Edited by Burnie_man

53 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

£160 for a North Stand seat isn't a rip-off? Aye OK :lol:

"rip-off definition: 1. something that is not worth what you pay for it"

Because you can and want to pay that price doesn't mean it's not rip-off pricing, which long term will continue to rise as UEFA/FIFA smell the money and push the boundaries.  Probably the most expensive tickets ever seen at Hampden for a football match.

Perfect definition to prove that it's not a rip off.  If you think it's worth it, it's not a rip off.  If you think it's not worth it, you don't pay for it! 

Its not a rip off as a game of football has no calculable value beyond what people want to pay.

Ill certainly a 5 second grumble once i put my card details in but once its gone its gone. No fucks given

That said we all have our tolerances. IMO the SFA took the absolute piss in the last qualifying campaign season tickets

Edited by invergowrie arab

I would be greeting if I had to pay £110 or £160 for a group stage match that didn’t involve Scotland. So I opted for the €50 Euro tickets where I’ve probably little chance of getting a ticket. I’m not willing to pay over £100 a ticket for a game where I don’t know who’ll be playing. It’s all about how much you are willing to pay.

That said, you only have to look at some of the really cheap miserable b*****ds on SFA Facebook comments who grumble at paying £30 to see Scotland v Belgium. f**k those miserable b*****ds.

34 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Given the left-wing nature of this website it’s alway a surprise to see so many people valiantly defending rip-off ticket prices quoting supply and demand.

It's not so much defending it as not being surprised by it. It's a once every 4 years event, probably not happening again in the lifetimes of most people in the home cities.

53 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Its not a rip off as a game of football has no calculable value beyond what people want to pay.

Ill certainly a 5 second grumble once i put my card details in but once its gone its gone. No fucks given

That said we all have our tolerances. IMO the SFA took the absolute piss in the last qualifying campaign season tickets

I think the last qualifying campaign my season ticket worked out at about £115.  The SFA have had their moments on ticket pricing, no doubt about that (£30 v Gibraltar walk up?), but generally their ST pricing has been pretty reasonable.

Went a bit mad today and booked flights and hotels before the ticket lottery is even announced. Gone for a last 16 game in Budapest and a QF in Munich. Train between the two and a few nights in Vienna. Fancy the trip anyway so f**k UEFA if they don't deliver. 

Yup. I put down for a couple of tickets at prices well above what I’d willingly spend on an ordinary international/club game. So what? It seems like a jolly good day out irrespective of who is playing.

Is everyone in the Highlands rich?